Hear "When It's Time" Performed Live in 1992 at 924 Gilman Street

Todd

On 2/3/2019 at 12:07 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Makes me wonder what other amazing songs he wrote as a teenager that we’ve never heard. 

We need the "complete collected works of Billie Joe Armstrong: 1977-2019"  I haven't heard a bad song by him yet, so it's all got to be good! 

I absolutely love "When it's Time", it's powerful and honest.  One of my favorites for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, todd. What are some of the "new" shows from this era you'd recommend checking out other than this one? Any interesting tracks?

On 2/1/2019 at 8:00 PM, Todd said:

In honor of Dookie's 25th anniversary, I'm releasing one of my most prized recordings!

This is likely the first time the band ever performed this live, and may have been the only time they played it live until 2009. Notice that Mike has beautiful harmonies in this recording that were left out of the official release in 2010 :( 

If you guys want to download the rest of this show, you can do so here. This show also features the first known 
performances of "Having a Blast", "Burnout", "Basket Case", "J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva)", and "In the End" (which was not played live again until 2013, so check out the only early recording of that as well!).

Holy fuck balls! This is a gem! I am blown away by this. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikes vocals on this recording makes me think they did not use him to his potential. This is the best I’ve ever heard the chorus of this song sound. It’s a shame, and cool, that Billie fucked up on the bridge to the first chorus. 

Mike sounds amazing here.

Archived