Green Day Are Selling Their Used Gear - Including 50 of Billie Joe's Guitars

The Grohl

Nobody said Green Day is bigger than the Beatles or better than the Beatles he was just saying...

p.s. but seriously Green Day rules but saying anything about the Beatles is sacrilege.  

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were rich I'd buy them all, then do a giveaway...GDC members only :cool: 

12 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Nobody said Green Day is bigger than the Beatles or better than the Beatles he was just saying...

I'll say Green Day are better than the Beatles then 

I'm looking to buy either Smash and/or the 21st Century Breakdown Les Paul Special. Hopefully I can snag it if its reasonably priced like the last auction was. I may post up pictures if I can nab it.

Also....destroying Smash would be such a travesty, I know BJ would hate to see it like that. Hans put it back together after it got smashed the first time. It's one of a kind, the only signature DC to have the rosewood fretboard during the war on wood era (other than the 2nd prototype).

Hopefully someone will be able to afford the yellow smashed/repaired Gibson and keep it safe :(

i can’t believe it’s up for sale. Hopefully it goes to someone who will appreciate it.

11 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Hopefully someone will be able to afford the yellow smashed/repaired Gibson and keep it safe :(

i can’t believe it’s up for sale. Hopefully it goes to someone who will appreciate it.

Right that's a for sure hope for me too regardless of what happens. I think it's for sale because of the memories that one brings up, it may still be a tad sour. You know it's not because he needs money lol

man, i would crime for that ayotte kit. ive lusted after that thing since insomniac. the dimensions of the shells are wacky.

Does anyone happen to know what time the store will be going live tomorrow? Or remember what time the store went live last year??? Thanks a bunch! :)

I am in two minds, there’s a part of me thinks it’s a great idea but it does seem a shame to break it up!  Got to be up to you but  if you do, I would be interested in a piece if enough people made it viable.

sorry @WhiteTim, I was thinking you were going to buy and smash it up, ignore me.

12 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

So should I buy smash? 

Yes.  It's been well played by Billie, it's iconic in a sense, it represents a rise and fall and rise again, and it is the original of a Billie Joe signature model that was sold soon after.  Buy it.  Don't smash it. 

46 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just checked but it’s still not up

I'm wondering if it will go live once the west coast hits 8AM. 

16 minutes ago, Jet Taman said:

Yes.  It's been well played by Billie, it's iconic in a sense, it represents a rise and fall and rise again, and it is the original of a Billie Joe signature model that was sold soon after.  Buy it.  Don't smash it. 

I'm with Jet @WhiteTim, buy but do not smash it. 

15 minutes ago, Jet Taman said:

@WhiteTim buy it and PLAY it. That’s what he’d want. 

7 hours ago, jengd said:

I am in two minds, there’s a part of me thinks it’s a great idea but it does seem a shame to break it up!  Got to be up to you but  if you do, I would be interested in a piece if enough people made it viable.

sorry @WhiteTim, I was thinking you were going to buy and smash it up, ignore me.

I’ve smashed several guitars my smashing days are over

Most of the guitars were gone instantly, wow. Which is a shame because there's a few I would have bought that were in my price range. Oh well.

I really wish I could afford one of those bass amps! It looks like Mike's Dookie and insomniac era amp and then his nimrod and warning era amps

Yeah they went quick. I picked up the first Harmony Stella acoustic that got listed, thinking it was the FOD guitar. Turned out, after I bought it, that the FOD guitar was listed afterward. Would have bought the damn thing, even for the much higher price that guitar was listed for.... Ugh.

4 minutes ago, asiegrist said:

Most of the guitars were gone instantly, wow. Which is a shame because there's a few I would have bought that were in my price range. Oh well.

I had my eye on the FOD guitar. It was $650.  As soon as I saw it (since I kept hitting refresh) I clicked on it and it was gone already!  

Smashy sold for $15,000!!!!  

Not 100% sure if it was the FOD guitar though since it didn't advertise as such and although it was a Stella Parlour, it's not the one Reverb had a picture of...

1 minute ago, Jet Taman said:

I had my eye on the FOD guitar. It was $650.  As soon as I saw it (since I kept hitting refresh) I clicked on it and it was gone already!  

Not 100% sure if it was the FOD guitar though since it didn't advertise as such and although it was a Stella Parlour, it's not the one Reverb had a picture of...

I bought the one that sold for $650, thinking it was the FOD guitar. It is in fact NOT the FOD guitar. The FOD guitar showed up a few secs later, for $5,000.

3 minutes ago, Jet Taman said:

Here's the FOD guitar (sold):

https://reverb.com/item/18308797-harmony-stella-parlour-acoustic-guitar-used-on-f-o-d-owned-by-billie-joe-armstrong-of-green-day

Archived