Green Day Are Selling Their Used Gear - Including 50 of Billie Joe's Guitars

The Grohl

I would kill for either Smash or one of those drum kits! Either the Leedy one and the Champagne Sparkle one would be amazing to have!! The Slingerland I'm sure would be so much more expensive than the others since Tré said it's most likely the very last one in existence.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on price maybe I’ll buy Smash 

wish he’d include the sparkling silver Gibson 

Does anyone know if they provide all required documents for importation at the customs ? Shipping guitars to the EU is quite complicated due to CITES...

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

Be interesting to see what they replace all this with, some of its pretty valuable and some of its probably just clearing space for new stuff

Maybe they have decided to start fresh in some ways...

I'm trying not to keep my hopes too high up though, because since AI they've been relatively conservative when it comes to their sound and I don't think that's going to change (which isn't a problem in of itself, it's kinda what most fans want anyway)...

2 hours ago, Todd said:

Let's Crowdfund to buy the iHeart guitar! We can smash it again and send every contributor a little piece

I'll be honest, I love crazy, but potentially do-able things like that haha, I'd be in! 

Also, depending on how you regulate the crowdfunding, i.e. how you spread the word, I think the number of people participating might not be too crazy...

4 hours ago, Todd said:

Let's Crowdfund to buy the iHeart guitar! We can smash it again and send every contributor a little piece

I kind of love this idea tbh, though I imagine the price will be outrageous.

5 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I kind of love this idea tbh, though I imagine the price will be outrageous.

For sure, I don't know what to expect, maybe 15k?

Is this an auction site or just straight buy site? The last one they had wasn’t priced outrageously if I recall correctly the last few items I saw (which was like 1 Guitar and bunch of studio effects racks) they were priced accordingly so I’d assume this one will be as well

3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Is this an auction site or just straight buy site? The last one they had wasn’t priced outrageously if I recall correctly the last few items I saw (which was like 1 Guitar and bunch of studio effects racks) they were priced accordingly so I’d assume this one will be as well

I think I recall the last one was a straight sale (not auction) but the lowest priced items sold very quickly.

If I’m remembering right, the cheapest guitar last time was like $8,000 USD... 

and yes, straight up buy, not auction. 

16 hours ago, Todd said:

I thought it was a pretty good idea, but it could easily get out of hand if too many people contributed. I can't imagine breaking a guitar into 100,000 pieces and then having to mail those pieces all over the world. That would take forever, not to mention all the overseas shipping forms you'd have to fill out at the post office.

But seriously if enough people are into it, I guess I'm crazy enough to give it a shot?

I love the idea tbh. I'm sure there's a way you can cut off the number of people contributing if it got out of hand. Group donors together by country and choose a trustworthy representative to send all the pieces to, and they can distribute. If this idea worked it would be amazing :lol: 

15 hours ago, Joe. said:

Be interesting to see what they replace all this with, some of its pretty valuable and some of its probably just clearing space for new stuff

Yeah it'll be nice to see whatever cool new stuff they have on the next tour!

I'm guessing they have so much stuff that they'll still have a lot left after selling some but it does seem like quite the clear out with some recently used and well known things going. Starting fresh for a new album and tour I guess :dance:

It's interesting that some of the recent stuff is going. Makes it look like they're after something different but who knows, we're probably reading into it too much.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Yeah it'll be nice to see whatever cool new stuff they have on the next tour!

I'm guessing they have so much stuff that they'll still have a lot left after selling some but it does seem like quite the clear out with some recently used and well known things going. Starting fresh for a new album and tour I guess :dance:

Hope so. The Goldtop for example must be worth a fortune.

Anyone else notice in the video advertising the shop, Tre's sat with a mic'd up kit, Mike's bass amp is there mic'd and a guitar amp is mic'd. Seems a bit OTT for a 3 minute advert for an online shop to mic up a full kit and two amps. Could they be demo-ing or am I reading into things too much?

20 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Anyone else notice in the video advertising the shop, Tre's sat with a mic'd up kit, Mike's bass amp is there mic'd and a guitar amp is mic'd. Seems a bit OTT for a 3 minute advert for an online shop to mic up a full kit and two amps. Could they be demo-ing or am I reading into things too much?

It seems likely they are.

2 hours ago, Joe. said:

It looks like they filmed that in their practice space. (photo below was posted August 15, around the time they were posting about rehearsing old stuff)

Man living in Australia sucks! 

Not that I could afford one anyway but I would do terrible things for one of those Guitars.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:04 AM, solongfromthestars said:

Can we actually do this? Though imagine what would happen to it after I die. My kids would be like "why the fuck does my mum have this bit of wood? Definitely chucking that out"

On 1/22/2019 at 10:06 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Like my piece of the Berlin Wall, a one inch chunk of concrete in a box. 

Kind of late to the party, here, but I have a single piece of glitter from Billie's pocket when I went to see him as St. Jimmy on Broadway. 😂 It's secured inside a fingernail sized bit of clear packing tape. Definitely a weird thing for someone to find with no context.

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Kind of late to the party, here, but I have a single piece of glitter from Billie's pocket when I went to see him as St. Jimmy on Broadway. 😂 It's secured inside a fingernail sized bit of clear packing tape. Definitely a weird thing for someone to find with no context.

I kept a fake needle from the American Idiot show in London that I went to 😂 I don’t know where it is now but hopefully my mum would realise it wasn’t real if she found it 😑

i also have a few empty champagne bottles on my shelf because my favourite celeb bought a group of us some to thank us for our support. He’s done it a few times so I look like an alcoholic keeping those 😂

5 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

I kept a fake needle from the American Idiot show in London that I went to 😂 I don’t know where it is now but hopefully my mum would realise it wasn’t real if she found it 😑

i also have a few empty champagne bottles on my shelf because my favourite celeb bought a group of us some to thank us for our support. He’s done it a few times so I look like an alcoholic keeping those 😂

That's a cool souvenir! I still have one of the Rev's crumpled Skol cans lol, I keep it in a box of Green Day stuff so it doesn't get chucked out. Best one I've heard was when someone told me a girl at one of the US FBHT shows turned to him, took a piece of hair out of her mouth and said "this is Billie's hair" and then put it back in for safe keeping. I wonder if she managed to keep it :lol: 

Imagine paying a couple hundred to a thousand dollars for a piece of broken wood and metal :lol: It's a nice idea and a sweet sentiment, but imo y'all would be out of your minds if you actually followed through with this :lol: 

I posted this on IG @bjguitars, but I'll say it here too...

Wouldn't it be great if true, normal, average salary fans got to own some of this history instead of super rich folks or people who will just resell on ebay or people who have no idea who Jason White is or people who can't name more than three Green Day songs??

Honestly though I wish they WOULD break some of the things down so they would be a bit more attainable for us regular fans like necks or headstocks of guitars, or just the bodies of guitars.  I'd even pay for guitar STRINGS that Billie has used on Blue.

And I would KILL to have that acoustic guitar played on FOD.  Seriously.  Anyone have anybody they're tired of?....

Archived