Green Day Are Selling Their Used Gear - Including 50 of Billie Joe's Guitars

The Grohl

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Another sale or is this a remainder if the one they did a while ago?

Everything from last time sold and included recording equipment from Jingletown. This one has stuff from Mike and Tre as well, more guitars and some stuff from iconic performances.  

https://reverb.com/news/the-official-green-day-reverb-shop-preview?utm_campaign=greenday&utm_medium=blog&utm_source=Media

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

I'm a bit surprised he's selling guitars he's played until very recently.

I know, particularly the one from The Coverups and Longshot shows.

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'm a bit surprised he's selling guitars he's played until very recently.

Does that mean they're breaking up?

I’m also surprised he’s willing to part with an acoustic it says was his very first guitar. Considering how sentimental he is about Blue you would think he’d want to keep that acoustic or hand it down to Jakob at least.

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Does that mean they're breaking up?

Yeah, they were going to record a new album but instead they just said fuck it 😄

Just now, Todd said:

Let's Crowdfund to buy the iHeart guitar! We can smash it again and send every contributor a little piece

I love this idea. It’d be like owning a piece of the Berlin Wall (yes I have one shut up) 🙂

Just now, Todd said:

Let's Crowdfund to buy the iHeart guitar! We can smash it again and send every contributor a little piece

That's an idea I'll get behind as long as I can choose which splinter will be mine.

33 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

Damn. Wish I had disposable income. 

Right? I want to check out the store, but I know it's useless. I don't have that kind of money XD

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah, they were going to record a new album but instead they just said fuck it 😄

This is a daily mood.

3 minutes ago, Todd said:

I'd be down! 

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love this idea. It’d be like owning a piece of the Berlin Wall (yes I have one shut up) 🙂

I thought it was a pretty good idea, but it could easily get out of hand if too many people contributed. I can't imagine breaking a guitar into 100,000 pieces and then having to mail those pieces all over the world. That would take forever, not to mention all the overseas shipping forms you'd have to fill out at the post office.

But seriously if enough people are into it, I guess I'm crazy enough to give it a shot?

4 minutes ago, Todd said:

Can we actually do this? Though imagine what would happen to it after I die. My kids would be like "why the fuck does my mum have this bit of wood? Definitely chucking that out"

1 minute ago, solongfromthestars said:

Can we actually do this? Though imagine what would happen to it after I die. My kids would be like "why the fuck does my mum have this bit of wood? Definitely chucking that out"

Like my piece of the Berlin Wall, a one inch chunk of concrete in a box. 

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That'll show us for making jokes about Billie dying. We got what we deserved. He doesn't like us anymore.

For what I read, Pete and Meat are on this sale too? I mean, aren't those amps used by Billie until now?

Those drumkits are also very cool. I loved that green drumset in the Insomniac days

39 minutes ago, greendepent said:

For what I read, Pete and Meat are on this sale too? I mean, aren't those amps used by Billie until now?

Those drumkits are also very cool. I loved that green drumset in the Insomniac days

I read that it’s the speakers from Woodstock, not the amps. 

Be interesting to see what they replace all this with, some of its pretty valuable and some of its probably just clearing space for new stuff

Archived