maryjanewhatsername

2018 - 2019 United States Government Shutdown

Adorkable

So many things happening today.

First there was the arrest of Roger Stone. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/01/25/roger-stone-takeaways-indictment-donald-trump-adviser/2675841002/

Then I just got an email about this: https://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Flights-to-LaGuardia-halted-due-to-air-traffic-13561212.php?utm_campaign=newstimes_breakingnews_20190125&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

There are no flights going into LaGuardia Airport because of air traffic controller shortage. 

The US is grinding to a halt. 

o_O

only for 3 weeks. i think he will shut us down again. 

Adorkable
4 minutes ago, o_O said:

only for 3 weeks. i think he will shut us down again. 

He won't shut us down again. The shutdown was a dismal failure, his approval rating is tanking and there is just too much ill will. Something will be negotiated.

A big thank you to the NYC Air Traffic Controllers!!!

• Like 2

o_O
Just now, Adorkable said:

He won't shut us down again. The shutdown was a dismal failure, his approval rating is tanking and there is just too much ill will. Something will be negotiated.

A big thank you to the NYC Air Traffic Controllers!!!

i do agree with you here. i think if he shuts the gov't again his ratings are gonna nose dive to 10-20 percent approval instead of low 30s. 

AlissaGoesRAWR
7 minutes ago, o_O said:

i do agree with you here. i think if he shuts the gov't again his ratings are gonna nose dive to 10-20 percent approval instead of low 30s. 

He'll just say it's a fake poll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fukingcounterstrike

Makes me wonder if the republicans will actually try to find a new candidate if he keeps tanking

• Love 1

Billie Hoe

Gotta congratulate the Dems (and some Republicans?) on standing their ground, I expected them to cave. Hopefully they will continue to be a united front against Trump and make his life hell.

• Like 2

Adorkable
4 minutes ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

Makes me wonder if the republicans will actually try to find a new candidate if he keeps tanking

That would be the smart idea, so probably not.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

fukingcounterstrike
Just now, Adorkable said:

That would be the smart idea, so probably not.

:lol: 

AlissaGoesRAWR

I know this has probably been brought up before, but this "media accountability" survey just popped up as an ad on my YouTube feed again and I can't help but laugh my ass off at it.

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

Honestly, how can any rationally minded person support a campaign that spews leading questions like this, while concurrently slamming others for being "biased," and not see the irony? :lol: 

Billie Hoe
23 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I know this has probably been brought up before, but this "media accountability" survey just popped up as an ad on my YouTube feed again and I can't help but laugh my ass off at it.

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

Honestly, how can any rationally minded person support a campaign that spews leading questions like this, while concurrently slamming others for being "biased," and not see the irony? :lol: 

Everyone should take this survey and shift the results accordingly  :D just vote "no" on everything. Curious how I was able to take it even though I'm not from the US.

Ryan

My favorite is when Trump used to say that the workers who weren't getting paid were still going to work because they believed in his message and know that we need a wall. Seriously, the guy is so mentally fucked up. 

Adorkable

My favorite is Roger Stone's back tattoo. He is the guy that was just arrested today. I mean seriously, who wants to live the rest of their lives with a picture of Nixon on their back. IT's actually a good tattoo though.

3dc8bc73144f5d3084464abb8984279c.jpg

• Haha 1

Ryan

Also, Trump said that he is "very proud" to have reached an agreement. You mean the "agreement" that the Democrats proposed before the shut down even started? I guess he is just so fucking dumb that it took him 35 days to figure out what that actually meant. 

Adorkable

The Arizona border patrol just released a video of migrants scaling one of the existing walls with a ladder. Ooops, looks like we need a bigger wall there Donnie Boy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrants-scale-border-wall-in-arizona-as-more-than-100-gang-members-from-el-salvador-caught-since-october-sources-say

Ryan
7 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

The Arizona border patrol just released a video of migrants scaling one of the existing walls with a ladder. Ooops, looks like we need a bigger wall there Donnie Boy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrants-scale-border-wall-in-arizona-as-more-than-100-gang-members-from-el-salvador-caught-since-october-sources-say

You jest, but this is literally EXACTLY why he insists that we need a wall. 

Adorkable
8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

You jest, but this is literally EXACTLY why he insists that we need a wall. 

He thinks a wall is going to stop them from crossing the border. This just shows that he is wrong.

• Thanks 1

Ryan
6 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

He thinks a wall is going to stop them from crossing the border. This just shows that he is wrong.

No, in his mind, it shows that we need a BIGGER and BETTER wall. He is fucking dumb, you cannot apply rational thinking and logic to him. 

• Thanks 1

Adorkable
6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

No, in his mind, it shows that we need a BIGGER and BETTER wall. He is fucking dumb, you cannot apply rational thinking and logic to him. 

That is true, he may believe that. But I just view it as showing that a physical barrier won't work. The wall doesn't address the problem, it just changes method.   

Beerjeezus

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjFDOzKTN0fNweZy3JaXF

• Like 3

Billie Hoe

It has been prophesied 

• Haha 1

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Trump agrees to temporarily end the shutdown for three weeks with no promises from Democrats. He definitely blinked. I know he blinked, because on a forum I frequent where I'm considered ultra-liberal, people are seriously pissed off about him backing down instead of holding out as long as it took for a wall.

• Like 1

fukingcounterstrike
7 hours ago, Tre's Busted Drumkit said:

Trump agrees to temporarily end the shutdown for three weeks with no promises from Democrats. He definitely blinked. I know he blinked, because on a forum I frequent where I'm considered ultra-liberal, people are seriously pissed off about him backing down instead of holding out as long as it took for a wall.

What kind of forum is this?

Sarcasm

profits are the unpaid wages of the working class

eat the rich 

other leftist quotes