maryjanewhatsername

Least Favorite Bands, Artists, and Songs

Adorkable
1 hour ago, The Insider said:

He has good hair for his age but Bon Jovi sux giant ones.

Fuck off

The Insider
1 hour ago, Adorkable said:

Fuck off

You have such a potty mouth lately.

Adorkable
9 hours ago, The Insider said:

You have such a potty mouth lately.

Fuck off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

Rumpelstiltskin2000
On 1/13/2019 at 6:46 PM, Shahd said:

Brendon Urie pisses me off for some reason, I can't stand seeing his face

I'm like this about Gerard Way - he creeps me out. Sorry any fans out there

• Like 2

kaylubd

On a similar note, I don't like MCR. I was a fan but I stopped listening when The Black Parade came out. Something about the album I didn't like and the band just came off as so arrogant to me. I can't really explain it. It got to the point where every time I saw or heard them I'd roll my eyes. I still enjoy songs from TCFSR but otherwise not a fan. 

• Like 1

Christian's Inferno!

MCR is great. Black Parade is legit one of the best albums ever made and that's just a fact. What I don't like about MCR is a lot of the fan base. You know the kind. The kind that always listens to MCR, TOP, PATD and FOB and can't see any fault with any of those bands? But musically, stellar!

I'd say they have a few weak points. Danger Days and Conventional Weapons have a few songs I'm not too keen on but still good albums overall. But I really don't like their first album Bullets at all

• Like 2

Tre's Busted Drumkit
24 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

On a similar note, I don't like MCR. I was a fan but I stopped listening when The Black Parade came out. Something about the album I didn't like and the band just came off as so arrogant to me. I can't really explain it. It got to the point where every time I saw or heard them I'd roll my eyes. I still enjoy songs from TCFSR but otherwise not a fan. 

Funny you say that, because I've recently rediscovered The Black Parade in my iTunes collection, and I'm struggling with it. It's great, no questioning that, but is it great because it takes the sounds of other great albums and integrates them into itself, or is it only great because it copies those sounds, in which case it would suck? I like the lyrics enough that I'm willing to overlook The End basically being In the Flesh, Welcome to the Black Parade being more or less Bohemian Rhapsody in new clothes, Mama being The Trial, and Blood being Outside the Wall. And those are all still great songs, but I like Famous Last Words and Cancer particularly enough to override any reservations I have about those copycat songs. I'm leaning towards it being a great album, if a bit too deferential to the great albums of yesteryear.

• Like 2

kaylubd
1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

MCR is great. Black Parade is legit one of the best albums ever made and that's just a fact. What I don't like about MCR is a lot of the fan base. You know the kind. The kind that always listens to MCR, TOP, PATD and FOB and can't see any fault with any of those bands? But musically, stellar!

I'd say they have a few weak points. Danger Days and Conventional Weapons have a few songs I'm not too keen on but still good albums overall. But I really don't like their first album Bullets at all

I can agree that some of the fanbase can be a little....too passionate. 

• Like 2

solongfromthestars

I feel like I should like My Chemical Romance because it went hand-in-hand with liking Green Day when I became a fan. Most fans I meet and even fans of my other favourite artists still love them. I like Na Na Na, Teenagers and I'm Not Okay. The Black Parade is OK but I remember the video being on every TMi (a British kids' show I was obsessed with) show and I've never been able to shake how annoying it was :P Otherwise I've tried to like them and I don't hate them or anything, but I just can't get into them.

I don't see the appeal of Twenty One Pilots either. I've tried to like them too because so many people with similar musical tastes do and Josh Dun did drums for Lights, my second favourite artist. Can't get excited about them though.

• Like 1

o_O
21 hours ago, Hermione said:

Agreed, I don't "get" her at all or see anything appealing about her music.

everytime she comes on a list on YT i skip unless it's a reviewer roasting her. 

maryjanewhatsername

I feel like Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift are in the same league of overrated ladies that I don't understand. When I was younger, I really liked Taylor Swift's older pop-country stuff. Then I grew up and she changed into a pop princess and now I don't understand at all. Still ashamed of that phase of my life :lol: 

• Like 2

Christian's Inferno!

Weezer is a band that I'm very mixed on. They have some amazing songs and then some absolutely terrible songs. In terms of albums, there's none by them that I love or even like a lot (I wouldn't give any of them any higher than a strong 7, maybe light 8 out of 10) but there's a few that are extremely boring and generic (Make Believe, Red, Raditude) and their lyrics can get downright terrible at times (particularly on Raditude)

Out of the handful of bands whose discography I've heard in full, they're the ones I'm most mixed on

• Like 1

maryjanewhatsername
1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Weezer is a band that I'm very mixed on. They have some amazing songs and then some absolutely terrible songs. In terms of albums, there's none by them that I love or even like a lot (I wouldn't give any of them any higher than a strong 7, maybe light 8 out of 10) but there's a few that are extremely boring and generic (Make Believe, Red, Raditude) and their lyrics can get downright terrible at times (particularly on Raditude)

Out of the handful of bands whose discography I've heard in full, they're the ones I'm most mixed on

I'm mixed on Weezer and the Cranberries. I'd say both bands can be pretty boring at times, but also good as hell at times.

• Like 1

Christian's Inferno!
2 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I'm mixed on Weezer and the Cranberries. I'd say both bands can be pretty boring at times, but also good as hell at times.

Idk who the Cranberries are but yeah. My favourite of their albums personally are Blue and EWBAITE, followed by Pinkerton and Maladroit. Most of their other stuff is either hit or miss or just entirely a miss

• Like 1

The Insider
Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk who the Cranberries are but yeah. My favourite of their albums personally are Blue and EWBAITE, followed by Pinkerton and Maladroit. Most of their other stuff is either hit or miss or just entirely a miss

• Like 1

maryjanewhatsername
1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I would agree about the hit or miss. The Cranberries were kind of grunge, kind of alternative and were really popular in the 90's. Two of their most popular songs are Zombie: (There have been a lot of covers recently of this one, since the lead singer died)

And another popular one is Dreams, which is more alternative:

Adorkable
10 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I freakin' hate the Cranberries. I'm sorry Dolores O'Riordan is dead, she was way too young. But her voice drove me insane. I had to change the radio as soon as I heard it.

• Like 1

DeJennsitized

Fun story about Bon Jovi (kinda)...I went to support my favourite celeb in a show he was doing in London a few months ago, with some friends. Upon leaving the theatre, I spotted a Jon Bon Jovi cardboard cut out lying on the pavement, clearly having been thrown out by the theatre for whatever reason. I pointed it out to one of the friends and she immediately picked it up and continued walking with this life-size cardboard cut out of JBJ under her arm :lol: She took him home and at Christmas wrapped tinsel around him and put a Santa hat on him. He's part of the family now.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, duckez said:

Has no one mentioned Simple Plan yet? I used to think they were the greatest thing but now I think they suck honestly (sorry to people who like them). One of the reasons why I hate them is probably because when I was like 7 I had an iPod with the song I'm Just A Kid on it and nothing else. I just listened to the song over and over for like 3 months because it was just so great... now I can't stand it

I have mixed feelings about Simple Plan. Welcome To My Life was one of the first songs I ever bought on iTunes and I thought it was great. As the years went on it became a meme of sorts between me and my friends for how emo it was, lol. I still think they have some good songs but yes, Pierre's voice is definitely hit or miss.

23 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I feel like I should like My Chemical Romance because it went hand-in-hand with liking Green Day when I became a fan. Most fans I meet and even fans of my other favourite artists still love them. I like Na Na Na, Teenagers and I'm Not Okay. The Black Parade is OK but I remember the video being on every TMi (a British kids' show I was obsessed with) show and I've never been able to shake how annoying it was :P Otherwise I've tried to like them and I don't hate them or anything, but I just can't get into them.

I don't see the appeal of Twenty One Pilots either. I've tried to like them too because so many people with similar musical tastes do and Josh Dun did drums for Lights, my second favourite artist. Can't get excited about them though.

Omg, same to both. My friends at school had an MCR phase and I just never got it. I loved the Black Parade album but all their other stuff I wasn't bothered about. And I like one or two TOP songs but it's nothing too exciting.

• Like 2

Grinch
19 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Aww what? What about White? I can generally agree, but White is easily my favorite album of this decade (from any band). It's so well put together. I never had the interest to get too familiar with Hurley or Raditude though..

Christian's Inferno!
3 hours ago, Grinch said:

Aww what? What about White? I can generally agree, but White is easily my favorite album of this decade (from any band). It's so well put together. I never had the interest to get too familiar with Hurley or Raditude though..

My first couple listens of that album I didn't care for it at all but I have given it another couple of listens and it has grown on me. I still don't like it much and it's a step down from EWBAITE in my personal opinion. Hurley has some decent songs but overall I don't care about it. Raditude is bad but personally I don't think it's as bad as most people do and I think Make Believe and Red are worse than it. Raditude has a couple of good songs and some catchy hooks elsewhere. Make Believe is extremely boring and Red is just awful to me.

Not as cool as Tré Cool

Sharon Osbourne isn't making music, but she's in the industry at least, she's a music manager.

I hate her because she just bent Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake over and FUCKED them.

"The second album by the "Blizzard Of Ozz" Band, Diary Of A Madman is one of those albums. It's the sonic proof that even though an album may be rushed to be completed when a musician or band is in that "musical zone" they can still create magic. Recorded quickly because of their tour schedule, and in many cases Randy Rhoads didn't even get to elaborate and complete his guitar solos the way he wanted. For instance on the song "Little Dolls" the solo Randy played was more of an exercise of where he planned to take the song. Just another example of his greatness, but also his overall frustration with how the music business operated. The deadlines just didn't allow for time to get the sound he wanted.

This would be the second, and last album by the original "Blizzard Of Ozz" band. A band that should've evolved into one of the greatest of all time, with a huge body of musical work. Sadly it wouldn't happen that way. Sharon Osbourne would singlehandedly ruin not only the morale, but continuity between the four individuals. The first "dirty trick" was taking the last album that was written and recorded under the assumption that this was a band, and behind their back making it an Ozzy Osbourne solo record. As Songwriter/bass player Bob Daisley had stated they were all contributing too much to the songwriting and the music to be backing musicians. Yet by the time they started recording Diary that was all gone.

Now Drummer Lee Kerslake was not getting along with Sharon, which would lead to his dismissal, followed by Bob Daisley who justifiably was asking for his rightful publishing, and royalties for his magnificent songwriting on the record. On the album inside record sleeve bass player Rudy Sarzo, and drummer Tommy Aldridge are pictured with Ozzy and Randy, even though neither man played a single note on the album. To be fair to them they have both always given credit to Daisley and Kerslake. This wasn't the worst thing Sharon did though to disrespect this album. That would've been in 2002 when Daisley, and Kerslake won a court order to receive their rightful royalties for both Blizzard Of Ozz, And Diary Of A Madman Records.

Instead of doing the right thing Sharon removed their bass and drum tracks from the album, and had Robert Trujillo, and Mike Bordin record new ones. That may be the most disgusting thing ever to happen in the music business. And no matter what Trujillo and Bordin do for their rest of their career their legacy will always be tarnished by allowing themselves to be pawns in the Osbourne's game. Thank goodness the fans revolted, and Sharon and Ozzy had no choice but to put the original tracks back. Thankfully the new remastered versions have the original tracks restored."

kaylubd
8 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

Fun story about Bon Jovi (kinda)...I went to support my favourite celeb in a show he was doing in London a few months ago, with some friends. Upon leaving the theatre, I spotted a Jon Bon Jovi cardboard cut out lying on the pavement, clearly having been thrown out by the theatre for whatever reason. I pointed it out to one of the friends and she immediately picked it up and continued walking with this life-size cardboard cut out of JBJ under her arm :lol: She took him home and at Christmas wrapped tinsel around him and put a Santa hat on him. He's part of the family now.

That is awesome. I would've taken it home too. It's just one of those weird music memorabilia items I'd want to have!

• Like 1

Jirachi

I really hate twenty one pilots but thats maaainly because of their fanbase and not the band themselves, i just dont like their music. Its partially because of the reason someone else stated earlier, the "TOP/FoB/Panic/MCR can do no wrong" group and such.

I dont like imagine dragons because im convinced they're mostly responsable for the "every band turning poppier" fad thats been going on. As a band themselves if you seperate them from that, they're kinda just a boring and generic band, nothing special. Also the type of band to me where you hear a song like believer and are like "huh, thats an okay song" and then you hear it 395 more times in 1 day and you start fucking hating it.

Im the type who only listens to rock/punk/metal/etc so i dont have any rappers or pop artists or anything that i dislike so uh.....i dislike the newest FoB and Panic at the Disco and All Time Low and all the other bands that mostly ditched rock and went to a more poppy direction and such, but still like the bands as a whole.

Also its like 1am and im 75% dead mentally rn so idk if anytrhing i said makes sense

The Great Saiyaman
On 1/18/2019 at 1:45 PM, Grinch said:

IMO Hurley is surprisingly okay. Some of it is dumb, but it's more "funny dumb" unlike Raditude where it's "bad dumb". Memories, Trainwrecks, Unspoken, and Hang On are all great. Kinda forget how the rest of it goes though. I've always seen it as a poor man's White. 

• Like 1

Grinch
On 1/20/2019 at 2:46 PM, The Great Saiyaman said:

IMO Hurley is surprisingly okay. Some of it is dumb, but it's more "funny dumb" unlike Raditude where it's "bad dumb". Memories, Trainwrecks, Unspoken, and Hang On are all great. Kinda forget how the rest of it goes though. I've always seen it as a poor man's White. 

Trainwrecks is one of my favorites! I'm not too familiar with the album yet, but I should get around to it some time. White is one of my favorites ever though. Track for track just great