Not as cool as Tré Cool

Origin of your screenname/profile photo?

Not as cool as Tré Cool
4 hours ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

Ed of course is from ed, edd, & eddy and is a great representation of the mindset I have when I come onto this site :happy: 

I love that show

RedundantIdiot

I picked Redundant as it was the 1st song from Nimrod that came to mind and Idiot comes from my favourite GD album American Idiot. I put 'Redundant' and 'Idiot' together and I got RedundantIdiot. 

My profile picture comes from The Longshot's tour last year as I thought the picture of Billie sticking his tongue out was funny. 

• Like 2

Shahd
5 hours ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

I remember making an account somewhere after having played a bunch of 1.6 and I was pretty steamed cause I got my ass kicked. I tried to make the username fuckingcounterstrike but passed over the c. When I noticed it I rather enjoyed it and started using it for many different accounts. 

Ed of course is from ed, edd, & eddy and is a great representation of the mindset I have when I come onto this site :happy: 

I can't believe that all these years I've never noticed that your username has no C...

Billie Hoe
17 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

My profile picture comes from The Longshot's tour last year as I thought the picture of Billie sticking his tongue out was funny. 

I love that picture! My friend @jewjersey on instagram shot it  :)

• Thanks 1

Jane Lannister
52 minutes ago, Shahd said:

I can't believe that all these years I've never noticed that your username has no C...

I noticed after I voted for him in gdc awards..."only correctly spelled usernames count". Still regret it. :lol:

• Sad 1

Billie Hoe
35 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I noticed after I voted for him in gdc awards..."only correctly spelled usernames count". Still regret it. :lol:

Dyslexia discrimination never sleeps

Jane Lannister
5 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Dyslexia discrimination never sleeps

...yeah I wish I could read :cry:

Rumpelstiltskin2000
1 hour ago, The Bellie said:

I was thinking of something Prednisone-related at first :lol: 

I nearly spat my coffee out laughing :lol: You should have!

• Haha 2

kaylubd

My username started out as a joke. In high school I joked that I must've been a skater in another lifetime. I had all the lingo and the style and I loved the Tony hawk games. Only thing I was missing was the ability to skate. 

I said if I were a skater I'd probably be a dense guy named Caleb who spelled his name exactly how it sounded KAYLUB. D stands for Draven, which I took from my favorite comic/movie The Crow. The character's name is Eric Draven. Now I use different variations of it all around social media and the internet. It just kind of stuck. 

Profile pic? I think it used to be images from The Crow comic but I absolutely loved the chant from Green Day's 2016 AMA performance that I found a picture bearing that same mantra. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Montclare
8 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

My username started out as a joke. In high school I joked that I must've been a skater in another lifetime. I had all the lingo and the style and I loved the Tony hawk games. Only thing I was missing was the ability to skate.

I just misread this as you were a stalker in a past life.  I was very confused what lingo would go along with that and what that had to do with Tony Hawk. :lol:

• Haha 3

kaylubd
1 hour ago, Montclare said:

I just misread this as you were a stalker in a past life.  I was very confused what lingo would go along with that and what that had to do with Tony Hawk. :lol:

Lol! Oh wow! You know stalker lingo? Creepin? Sneakin? Tip toeing through those dms? 

• Haha 2

maryjanewhatsername
10 hours ago, Hermione said:

I've never met anyone else called Hermione either. Before Harry Potter the only people who were ever familiar with it were teachers who knew it from ancient Greek mythology or Shakespeare or old people who knew it from a couple of minor actresses from 50+ years ago. Have you really met people who were named after the character?! :lol: I still haven't, even though it's the name of the main female character in one of the biggest book/film franchises of all time and everyone has heard it it's still nowhere on popular baby name lists :P 

I truly thought this was a Harry Potter reference! I guess I am that ignorant :lol:

The Bellie
5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I nearly spat my coffee out laughing :lol: You should have!

Maybe next time :lol: although I love The Bellie too much now!

Funny how everyone has a different and interesting story for their pic and username!

• Like 2

BeachBum

I starting using BeachBum for various things like 15 years ago... I think it had something to do with loving the beach and just being a lazy bum while at the beach.

As for the photo tree frogs are one of my fav animals and this one gives everyone the finger x2

• Like 4

bass boy

I made the name back when i was 10, if I recall correctly it was cause "i play bass and catch bass and im a boy so..." Typical kid thing. Its changed over the years to highshcool nicknames and old trends but ill always be bass boy. The profile pic is just my favorite tshirt, and an old user had that picture of trump so figured it was fitting.

• Like 3

jengd

My name is Jennifer so usually get called Jen and having no imagination whatsoever, I stuck gd in the end to help me remember the correct passwords etc.  😂 My pic is, obviously, from Kerplunk which I love and one of my earliest Green Day buys, also it’s the tattoo I would get if I ever got one.  It was so painful finding something which seemed relevant and I could actually got to work I have never changed it. 

@The Bellie I really shouldn’t take credit, we had talked so much on the fan girl thread about Billie and his adorable belly that somewhere between auto correct and typos, up popped Bellie and I just had to use it 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hermione
6 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I truly thought this was a Harry Potter reference! I guess I am that ignorant :lol:

Not ignorant, 99.9% of the time it's going to be a Harry Potter reference so I assume it's that when I see it too

16 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Oh no, I have never met anyone but I just guessed that now there are a lot more babies named Hermione since the rise of Harry Potter geeks than before 1997  :P

66 out of a million babies in the US in 2018 alone being named Hermione is not too bad! (It's twice as popular as my name is now :P)

I see it was at an all time low when I was born so no wonder I haven't met any :lol:. Still pretty rare considering how well known the character is (in the UK it's still a lot less than that).

• Like 1

The Disappearing Boy

I disappear. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lizziebix
7 hours ago, The Disappearing Boy said:

I disappear. 

Damn, when was the last time you were here?  Nice to see you're still alive and hopefully well.

Not as cool as Tré Cool

When I made my account, I was wondering if I'd be NACATC or if I'd be "Pepper", which is the name of the airplane dog in my favourite YT video ever, Dog of Wisdom. this would have been my profile picpepper.png
Dogs. Cute. What are they good for? Absolutely petting

• Like 1

Jane Lannister

Give it a couple weeks...I'm pretty excited to have an username I actually chose :dry:

• Like 1