Album Collection

Pommy Josh

Hi Guys, just signed up as I have a question and I though I would ask the experts. Ive been a fan of green day ever since my older brother brought his first ever stereo system in the early 90's and from the second he put in Dookie and blasted it I was hooked, well until American Idiot....but that's another story.

I am moving house and re-discovered my Green Day CD Collection (list below), I have not listened to the CD for years, all of them were brought by either my older brother or myself on the year of release (in England...I live in Australia now) and all have the original case and inserts (Apart from maybe Brain Stew Single, I don't think its the original case).

My question is, do they have any value? They have no sentimental value to me as items, its the music that is sentimental to me and these days we will always have the music at the tips of our fingers.

If I put them up for sale, do you guys think anyone would want to buy them? I would like to see them go to someone who would appreciate them as I will just be sticking them in a box and probably not look at them for another 20 years. Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated

1039/smoothed out slappy hours
Kerplunk
Dookie
Insomniac
Nimrod
Warning
American Idiot

Shenanigans
Limited Edition Unofficial Interview CD, and illustrated book
Original release brain stew single

36 minutes ago, Pommy Josh said:

Hey, welcome to GDC!  I’ve moved this over to the Green Day section of the forum, as it will probably get more attention there.

I’m far from an expert on CD valuing, but I reckon the last couple are probably your best shot at particularly valuable ones. There are definitely people round here who can answer your question though!

I'd say your best bet is to sell them as a job lot. I'd mention that they are originals bought back in the day and not more recent editions. Someone might be interested although generally speaking at the moment GD stuff isn't selling very well on eBay unless it's something especially rare and even then it isn't fetching the prices it did 10 years ago. Hope this helps.

I can't comment on them. It usually seems like international editions of those albums fetch nice prices. Buuuuuut I will say I'd be interested in the Brain Stew single :eyebrows:

Archived