If Green Day was a video game...

solongfromthestars

OK, there's Green Day Rock Band. But what if your favourite childhood platformer involved Billie running round in a thong?

ZvSKvNj.jpg

I might add a level selection as well as Mike, Tré and some unlockables. Maybe pre-Kerplunk since as we all know: "I hate when people say 1039. Its 39/smooth. That’s our first lp! Period!! First 7’ was 1000 hours Lp was 39/ smooth second 7’ was slappy.. Got it?! It just drives me nuts when people put it all together. This is 3 different eras. Period!" - Billie Joe Armstrong, who I don't want to anger in case he uses Brand on me.

Who would you play as?

The Rev, always.  And I love that with each incarnation you can see new tattoo additions!

This is brilliant.  From the current options I’d play as Woodstock.  But if RevRad Mike ever becomes available then that may change.

Nice! I'd probably go with Dos Tre, Rage, or Saint!

I made some GD sprites for Pokémon years ago and put them with custom teams. Of course, now I'd probably give them different teams, but these are what I thought were fitting at the time. Tré was the hardest to get to look right, but Billie and Mike are alright.

VWvTY04.png

djNhh9F.png

w3Guyxn.png

Bonus: Billie's team with recolored sprites.

Spoiler

NOOQbZP.png

Oh my god I love this so much :o. Such a complete and cute set of Billies! They're all brilliant so I'd probably pick a different one each time, but I do particularly like the Rev, both the KFAD ones, and the Revrad and Woodstock ones. The level of detail is seriously amazing, I would have this framed on my wall.

Seriously amazing detail. So accurate from the hair to the clothes, ink and backgrounds for every era. He had a lot of looks. The Replacements was a funny one, and love the disclaimer for Fink 😂. How long did this take you? 

I'm playing as Saint or St. Jimmy. I think. Thank you all for the kind words! :wub: 

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Oh my god I love this so much :o. Such a complete and cute set of Billies! They're all brilliant so I'd probably pick a different one each time, but I do particularly like the Rev, both the KFAD ones, and the Revrad and Woodstock ones. The level of detail is seriously amazing, I would have this framed on my wall.

Now that's a compliment! I was actually thinking of making a print (without my name or watermarks on it, of course) because I've spent too long on it not to :lol: So let me know if you'd like one!

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Seriously amazing detail. So accurate from the hair to the clothes, ink and backgrounds for every era. He had a lot of looks. The Replacements was a funny one, and love the disclaimer for Fink 😂. How long did this take you? 

Thank you! I've been working on it most evenings since September, so it's taken a while. Part of it was gathering the right photos and getting better at pixel art by practice, but it was mostly just a lot of clicking.

3 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Now that's a compliment! I was actually thinking of making a print (without my name or watermarks on it, of course) because I've spent too long on it not to :lol: So let me know if you'd like one!

If you're making one I definitely would!

Wow, these are outstanding. Another show of your talent! 

If you are seriously doing prints, yes please! 

Faves are longshot, rage and rev in no particular order. 

11 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I'm playing as Saint or St. Jimmy. I think. Thank you all for the kind words! :wub: 

Thank you! I've been working on it most evenings since September, so it's taken a while. Part of it was gathering the right photos and getting better at pixel art by practice, but it was mostly just a lot of clicking.

I'd totally take a print as well! They're so cool! 

Archived