RedundantIdiot

Your 2018

Hermione
1 hour ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

It's really nice to hear that you value being on GDC so much. Thank you back for making it more awesome by being here!

Also HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone :banana: 

• Love 1

Goofygoldfish

Happy new year  everyone 🎉

Beerjeezus

Happy new year @maryjanewhatsername and everyone else :runaround:

Happy new year 1999

• Like 2

kaylubd

I'm so glad it's 2019. 2018 was trash. So far, it has been the worst year of my life. There were a few highs, like going to Seattle for the first time, but there were a lot of lows. Near the end of the year my anxiety and depression got so bad I felt I needed to get medication to deal with it. Now, things are looking up again and hopefully, everything will work out. 

duckez

My 2018 was good. I mean nothing bad happened to me, but even if something bad did happen, it wouldn't matter because I'm just one person and there's always worse stuff that could happen. It would be selfish of me to say my 2018 was terrible... not to say that anyone that does is selfish, but just me. However, the more years that pass, the more I miss the old days (to me lol).

龑美優 (Miyu Yan)

Music-wise, 2018 was an absolutely amazing year full of great releases from tons of fantastic bands and artists. On the more personal side, I spent the entire year battling a crippling, deepening depression. A close friend of mine has a deadly form of cancer and currently I do not know how well they are doing in terms of their health, which has me very stressed out and makes me quite sad. To think that I could lose this person hurts me at the very core of my being. I have lost enough in my life. I guess that has led me into a less than positive 2019 but I do not want to dwell on the negative.

I spent 2018 kind of spiraling out of control, battling problems with self-control and certain types of addictive behavior. My sleep cycle throughout the year had constantly made the unhealthy switch between a normal sleep schedule and staying up ridiculous hours into the morning. For some reason, I've felt some type of emptiness within myself that has pushed me into this downward spiral. I have experienced a lot of positive growth throughout it all, but at the end of the day, I don't think I had many genuinely happy moments/feelings during the 2018 year. Despite my generally genuinely good life, my depression has kept me from feeling much beyond numb, tired, stressed, and hopeless.

Outside of my family, 2018 was a very isolating/isolated time for me. I've become less social, even online it has been difficult to maintain my social persona. I have left, rejoined, left, rejoined, repeat various social media multiple times to a ridiculous amount. Anyway, I do not mean to hijack this thread with negativity and poor English. 

To conclude, again, it was not all bad. I've just been negatively impacted by mental health issues and addiction(?) problems. I'm a fortunate person with a fortunate life. I have it relatively good compared to so many others in this life we live. Here is to improving things both personally and publicly/generally in 2019! ^.^*

Mar

It was the worst year of my life, as dramatic as that sounds.

I lost my dad. I lost one of my cats, the one I was closest with. My mom and I have hit rock bottom financially and are in danger of losing our house and constantly getting utilities close to shut-off. Said house is physically falling apart and probably making us sick due to mold. I'm being judged for my entry-level job and our financial situation being so dire. Said job is screwing me with hours and I haven't been able to find anything better. I became even more isolated from everyone in my life (I'm not sure how much of this is my fault). My depression and suicidal thoughts increased dramatically. I'm much more misanthropic than I ever thought possible. All I do in my free time is sleep. My eating habits are still terrible.

On the plus side, at least my lazy self got a job and got some experience for my pathetic resume. Said job requires me to walk around a lot, so I've lost a fair amount of weight. I won tickets to see Jason Mraz in July (which made up for me having to sell my ticket to see him in December, since I needed the money).

Misfit xo
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, maryjanewhatsername said:

:hug:aw so much love for you! And honestly, 2019 will bring so many options and opportunities to you. Just hang in there ❤️

Thank you 😊 I'm trying.  Things have gotten a little better since my last post.  Still not where I want to be... but getting there, slowly.