Dirty Green Day Songs

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Dominated Love Slave', 'All By Myself', 'Blood, Sex and Booze', 'Fuck Time' and all come to mind. 'Right-Hand-A-Rama' is incredibly dirty, but that's The Network. Usually "clean" means free of swear words. If you go by that, then most GD songs are "dirty".

I mean, a lot of Green Day songs have swearing or risque subjects or sexual content. It's really quite obvious which ones just by listening to their songs/albums. I found this thread that mentions the most prominent ones

"Clean songs" usually does just mean no swearing though. If you want to know the ones that do have swearing than it'll just be all the ones not on the "clean" lists you've found.

Let me consult my Green Day power point (no, I'm not kidding....)

I have it broken down by albums instead of songs:   

•1039 – fx2, dx3 (5)

•Kerplunk – dx2, f, s, (4)

•Dookie – sx11, bs, fx6, dx2, hx2 (22)

•Insomniac – d, fx8, hx2, sx5, ax3 (19)

•Nimrod – px3, fx18, s6, b2, h5, d2, c, a, t, sc, (40)

•Warning – h2, p, f2 (5)

•Shenanigans d3, f2, s1, p1, a1 (8)

•American idiot – f12, h2, b2, d, s, (18)

•21st Century Breakdown – h3, ba, f7, gd2, n, s (15)

•Uno – F34, D, S4, p, bas2, b, t, h3,  (47) (most swear words to date)

•Dos – F12, H2, S1, C1?, (15)

•Tre – F5, B2, (7)

•RevRad – Headx2, Hx2, P, FX2

Now, the first song that comes to MY mind is Platypus (I hate you) as being the dirtiest.  Uno has the most curses, but "Platypus" makes Nimrod the more offensive album, with a stream of name calling to end all name calling, it's pretty vile (and great!) 

Just noticed that Dookie had the most "S words", which is fitting. 

Another thing on this topic.....Spotify has so many songs wrong.  They have an explicit on Going to that P-town, but there's nothing in that song.   Oh well.  

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

•1039 – fx2, dx3 (5)

•Warning – h2, p, f2 (5)

•Tre – F5, B2, (7)

Now, the first song that comes to MY mind is Platypus (I hate you) as being the dirtiest.  Uno has the most curses, but "Platypus" makes Nimrod the more offensive album, with a stream of name calling to end all name calling, it's pretty vile (and great!) 

Another thing on this topic.....Spotify has so many songs wrong.  They have an explicit on Going to that P-town, but there's nothing in that song.   Oh well.  

I actually love that you did this. That’s dedication (and surprising results!)

14 hours ago, That Dude said:

•1039 – fx2, dx3 (5)

•Warning – h2, p, f2 (5)

•Tre – F5, B2, (7)

I don't know what all the letters mean and that's bothering me

Yeah tell us what all the letters stand for @That Dude! I think I know most of them but specifically wondering what the "sc" on Nimrod is, what the "ba" on 21st CB is and what the "c" on Dos is

The dirtiest songs are the sexual ones imo, the casual or angry swearing is whatever but ones where it's in a sexual context (eg Fuck Time) or even sexual ones without swearing are the ones I wouldn't play around a kid. Platypus is pretty bad though

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yeah tell us what all the letters stand for @That Dude! I think I know most of them but specifically wondering what the "sc" on Nimrod is, what the "ba" on 21st CB is and what the "c" on Dos is

The dirtiest songs are the sexual ones imo, the casual or angry swearing is whatever but ones where it's in a sexual context (eg Fuck Time) or even sexual ones without swearing are the ones I wouldn't play around a kid. Platypus is pretty bad though

So hard to remember!!!! 

the ba is bastard.   The sc is supposed to be cs, and it's from Platypus.  **** Smoking.   Figured those out...

The C in Dos has got me stumped.  I may have mistaken the term "cooch" in "Nightlife" as being more obscene, but I think it was actually in another song.  We all know how Green Day lyrics can be typed differently in different booklets, different websites, etc.   I could swear (get it, haha!) that I saw "come" spelled "cum" in the lyric book or SOMEWHERE kind of official in a Dos track.....I just can't figure out which one.  And the word pops up fairly often in their lyrics, just not in THAT context.   I don't know.......................

WAIT!   It was possibly the "come inside" line in "Nightlife".   That's the only one that would even remotely make sense.  HAHAHA

I noticed I also missed a piss on Dos as well.    

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

So hard to remember!!!! 

the ba is bastard.   The sc is supposed to be cs, and it's from Platypus.  **** Smoking.   Figured those out...

The C in Dos has got me stumped.  I may have mistaken the term "cooch" in "Nightlife" as being more obscene, but I think it was actually in another song.  We all know how Green Day lyrics can be typed differently in different booklets, different websites, etc.   I could swear (get it, haha!) that I saw "come" spelled "cum" in the lyric book or SOMEWHERE kind of official in a Dos track.....I just can't figure out which one.  And the word pops up fairly often in their lyrics, just not in THAT context.   I don't know.......................

WAIT!   It was possibly the "come inside" line in "Nightlife".   That's the only one that would even remotely make sense.  HAHAHA

Thanks haha! If you started adding every double entendre there'd be a lot more letters on the list so maybe come inside should get a pass :D

We should definitely make The Top Ten Dirtiest Green Day Songs.   Without more research, here's a start:

Platypus

The Grouch

Kill the DJ 

.....more coming soon.  

random thought before I go out and start my day.   With all this "offended" nonsense going on in the world today, does anyone else wonder how Nirvanas songs "Smells like Teen Spirit" has gotten away with talking about Albinos and Mulattos?  I can't believe no one has labeled it insensitive or requested that those words be bleeped up or something.   While not a slur, I have friends that absolutely do not want to be called Mulatto.  

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

So hard to remember!!!! 

I remember seeing a hand written lyric that went "easy cum and go" but if I'm correct, this line is in Troublemaker.

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I remember seeing a hand written lyric that went "easy cum and go" but if I'm correct, this line is in Troublemaker.

I think the original handwritten Troublemaker lyrics also had the line "I wanna make you wet" lmao

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I think the original handwritten Troublemaker lyrics also had the line "I wanna make you wet" lmao

Oh my he really wasn't trying to be subtle with that song :lol:

16 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Oh my he really wasn't trying to be subtle with that song :lol:

Well he does also say “I wanna get inside of you”.  It’s pretty straightforward 🙂

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well he does also say “I wanna get inside of you”.  It’s pretty straightforward 🙂

At least that can be taken as double entendre though (I wanna get inside your head is implied with the next line). I wanna make you wet is single entendre :lol: 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

At least that can be taken as double entendre though (I wanna get inside your head is implied with the next line). I wanna make you wet is single entendre :lol: 

You might be the only person who caught the double entendre haha

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

You might be the only person who caught the double entendre haha

Possibly :lol:. It is like "I wanna get inside of you/I wanna crack your cranium" though so it is legit two implied meanings

Also I just got home and looked in the Uno booklet and it even says "easy cum and go" in there haha. I guess double entendre was the thing he was going for and that's why I wanna make you wet got the chop. And maybe even the reason for the weird "I like your BMW/I like your BMXcellent tits" word play instead of just straight up complimenting the boobs. It all makes sense now :P

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Possibly :lol:. It is like "I wanna get inside of you/I wanna crack your cranium" though so it is legit two implied meanings

Also I just got home and looked in the Uno booklet and it even says "easy cum and go" in there haha. I guess double entendre was the thing he was going for and that's why I wanna make you wet got the chop. And maybe even the reason for the weird "I like your BMW/I like your BMXcellent tits" word play instead of just straight up complimenting the boobs. It all makes sense now :P

It does make sense! I just never thought of the non-dirty meaning though. :lol: "crack your cranium" - I never realized how good that sounds hahaha

Yes, it's all about the double entendres. BMXcellent tits is still hilarious :P.

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Maybe he was just talking about the Ice Bucket Challenge?  That was about the right time, right?

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Yep, because Billie never talks about sex 😉

Absolutely.  Fuck time is clearly about his hatred of time.  'Oh baby baby it's [changes train of thought] Fuck time! [resumes original train of thought]'

25 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Absolutely.  Fuck time is clearly about his hatred of time.  'Oh baby baby it's [changes train of thought] Fuck time! [resumes original train of thought]'

And "I wanna choke you till you're blue in the face" just shows his anger at time, the lack thereof stops him from getting his real message out.

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

And "I wanna choke you till you're blue in the face" just shows his anger at time, the lack thereof stops him from getting his real message out.

And he started saying those things when talking about how much he hates a certain animal, he talked about this in Platypus (I Hate You). He said "I wanna strangle you, and watch your eyes bulge right out of your skull!"

On 12/21/2018 at 7:32 AM, Jane Lannister said:

I believe you NAILED IT! 

Thanks!

Just CAME across this:

https://gunaxin.com/five-kinky-green-day-songs/131102

It lists Dominated Love Slave, All By Myself, King for a Day, Blood/Sex/Booze and Longview as KINKY. 

Archived