Yosuke Hanamura

Green Day releases music video for ‘Youngblood’

Hermione

Yeah like, they acknowledge that they released C&V from C&V and then Mike changes the conversation to just songs "from the vault" in general and Billie just comes up with Youngblood as an example of one of the new songs that was written a while ago. Nothing to indicate it was from C&V in what he said.

• Like 1

The Insider
14 hours ago, Montclare said:

I always thought Youngblood was 21CB era;

I hope that's not the case. 

That Dude

"this will hold me over until the next album" said NO FAN EVER.

I didn't even watch the whole thing, haha.  It was a nice surprise but I'm kind of a hater of live music videos.  If they had dropped this song (or any other song) as the next single from Revolution Radio and suddenly started promoting the album again, THAT would have impressed me.  like this:

Youngblood - single

Forever Now / Somewhere Now - music video and double A side single

Ordinary World - music video and single

This could still happen, I don't give up on further promotion until the next album comes out and I no longer care, muhuhahahaha.

Christian's Inferno!
1 hour ago, That Dude said:

"this will hold me over until the next album" said NO FAN EVER.

I didn't even watch the whole thing, haha.  It was a nice surprise but I'm kind of a hater of live music videos.  If they had dropped this song (or any other song) as the next single from Revolution Radio and suddenly started promoting the album again, THAT would have impressed me.  like this:

Youngblood - single

Forever Now / Somewhere Now - music video and double A side single

Ordinary World - music video and single

This could still happen, I don't give up on further promotion until the next album comes out and I no longer care, muhuhahahaha.

Releasing a new single for an album that's over 2 years old at this point is completely pointless. It's like saying "Hey, remember this song from 2016? It still exists!". I honestly think that'd be the biggest waste of time

The Insider
1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Releasing a new single for an album that's over 2 years old at this point is completely pointless. It's like saying "Hey, remember this song from 2016? It still exists!". I honestly think that'd be the biggest waste of time

Totally agree - it reminds of when BJ went to rehab - people were saying they would get back into promoting the trilogy - you gotta strike when the iron is hot - RevRad is over now - move on.

That Dude
46 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Totally agree - it reminds of when BJ went to rehab - people were saying they would get back into promoting the trilogy - you gotta strike when the iron is hot - RevRad is over now - move on.

I move on when the new album comes out.  I know the reason bands don't promote old albums, but I think it would be cool BECAUSE it shouldn't be done and it hasn't ever been done to my knowledge.  

Yosuke Hanamura
2 hours ago, That Dude said:

I move on when the new album comes out.  I know the reason bands don't promote old albums, but I think it would be cool BECAUSE it shouldn't be done and it hasn't ever been done to my knowledge.  

Just because it hasn’t been done, doesn’t mean it should. People would be more baffled than interested if they tried to promote a 2 year old song as if it was still new. 

• Like 1

That Dude
11 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Just because it hasn’t been done, doesn’t mean it should. People would be more baffled than interested if they tried to promote a 2 year old song as if it was still new. 

I wouldn't need them to go back any further than 97.