Green Day releases music video for ‘Youngblood’

Yosuke Hanamura

In honor of the Holiday season (as the title suggests), we now have a video for Youngblood which contains pro footage of the RevRad tour.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a sucker for soundcheck and backstage footage.  This and the end of the tour video they released last year are all we have but I could literally watch hours of it. It kills me to know how much they shot that is still sitting on a shelf or computer. This was a great surprise though. 

What a nice Christmas treat! The damn puppet saying fuck you I'm from Oakland and footage of Billie failing to smash that car being included made it.

I was trying to figure out if any of the gigs I went to were in the video, and then I saw that big fake fucking Oak tree in one shot and i was like 'yep, there's Hyde Park' :lol: I wish they'd done a video for Forever Now but can't really deny that Youngblood is an upbeat song and sounds good live. 

5 hours ago, The Insider said:

@Adorkable Merry Christmas to BJ's biggest fan🤣

OK I hate the song but it was kinda fun live & I really liked the clip.

I cannot even watch it. I'm going back to bed.

2 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

I was trying to figure out if any of the gigs I went to were in the video, and then I saw that big fake fucking Oak tree in one shot and i was like 'yep, there's Hyde Park' :lol: I wish they'd done a video for Forever Now but can't really deny that Youngblood is an upbeat song and sounds good live. 

I was wondering if the O2 show is in it. I saw the polka dot shirt but that could've been from several different shows so I don't know :P 

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I was wondering if the O2 show is in it. I saw the polka dot shirt but that could've been from several different shows so I don't know :P 

I think he wore about three different outfits on stage throughout the whole of 2017 so you're right, it could have been any gig really :D 

Gotta love how Green Day releases this a few days after Billie announced that he’s working on new music. I guess this is conformation to say “yeah, we’re still kickin’.”

They had so much fun and were so damn happy during this tour. It was great seeing them in 2017 and it was a great surprise waking up to this video!! Yay!! 

3 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Ha , Billie failing to smash that car window with the guitar 😂😂

I remember Mike’s IG comment, “Subarus are rock solid” 😂

20 hours ago, Hermione said:

I was too but I don’t think he wore the polka dots that much so Im going with it being the O2.

Go on the road with Green Day and re-live Hyde Park in new ‘Youngblood’ video

Green Day have shared the video video for ‘Youngblood’ – showing behind the scenes of their ‘Revolution Radio’ tour and footage from their massive London Hyde Park show.

Released as a Christmas present for fans, the clip shows live action and the band at play across the globe-spanning tour with took in 117 gigs across 14 months and 27 countries. Highlights of the video include raucous footage of their huge show for British Summer Time festival in London.

Speaking of the origins of the track, the band told NME that it was originally intended for their ‘lost’ album ‘Cigarettes And Valentines‘ – but it’s unlikely that other material would be released.

“It’s pretty much in the vault right now,” frontman Billie Joe Armstrong told NME. “There was the one song, ‘Cigarettes and Valentines’ that we brought out live, I don’t know, we’ll see if any of that stuff ends up seeing the light of day.”

Bassist Mike Dirnt said: “There’s always a lot in the vault, but we tend to look forward rather than reaching back.

Armstrong added: “There’s one song that was written a long time ago that’s on the new record [‘Revolution Radio‘] called ‘Youngblood’, and that got a facelift and new lyrics and stuff like that.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/go-road-green-day-re-live-hyde-park-new-youngblood-video-2420172#DJx97DUHPr5Fwv0X.99

I knew Youngblood was an older song but C&V old? I’d love to know what the original version sounded like. 

He didn't even say it was on C&V. The way he says it, specifying that it was written "a long time ago" and NOT saying it was from C&V even though that's what they were just talking about makes it sound like it definitely wasn't.

That makes sense, Youngblood always had an AI feel to me

On 12/13/2018 at 10:08 AM, DeJennsitized said:

I wish they'd done a video for Forever Now but can't really deny that Youngblood is an upbeat song and sounds good live. 

Agreed! I love Youngblood but I love Forever Now even more :P we were PROMISED.......

Archived