Almost all my Green Day collection was stolen...

Anipnk

Hello everyone. Sorry for the unusual post, but I need to let it all out. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and my apartment was broken into. My wife and I are planning on moving so a lot of things are in boxes.  They stole a bunch of sentimental value things, my wedding photos, congratulations cards, honeymoon photos, among other paper related stuff... they also took almost all my Green Day collection. All my CDs, singles, normal releases, special edition CDs, booklets. The whole discography on vinyl, plus the ultimate collector box set with all the singles on vinyl, a pair of drumsticks from Tré, picks from Billie and Mike, my concert tickets from my first Green Day concert. A bunch of magazines, that go from 2007 to now. My Green Day Venezuelan flag that  made for the most recent tour (I’m from Venezuela), plus cups, stickers, books. Everything that took me more than a decade to build. I’m pretty sure that the thief doesn’t even know how much that collection is worth

We reported it to the police and we called all the record stores in town. However, I don’t really have high hopes to recover my collection. I’m just so upset... I don’t own many stuff from other bands but I’m a  Green Day collector, it’s my favorite band since I  ever, and having something that took me so long and effort to build taken away like that it just makes my blood boil, and fact that I can’t do anything about it just makes me more sad... 

Sorry again for the long text. This just sucks a lot, and I needed to take it all out. Have a good day or night!

I'm so sorry, that's awful :(  Why would anyone do something like this? 

Do you have photos of your stuff? Just in case something ends up being sold on ebay or something...

That sucks :(. Just know that the people who did this are garbage and hopefully one day they'll face consequences for what they do, it's likely they will eventually.

Anything unique about your items that we could keep an eye out for? Do you have pictures of the numbers on the 7” box set or the Welcome to Paradise single? 

That's terrible! Really sorry to hear about this. Though it may be unlikely, I'm holding out hope that you'll get some of your stuff back. Whoever did that is going to get some bad karma.

Damn I'm so sorry for you....
Fuck this guy ! (Or those guys). I hope they'll get what they deserve.

That's terrible  :(

Maybe you could make a post on Green Day Discography too although that site is pretty dead too.

If you can think of anything unique I'll keep an eye out for it on eBay.

17 hours ago, Anipnk said:

Hello everyone. Sorry for the unusual post, but I need to let it all out. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and my apartment was broken into. My wife and I are planning on moving so a lot of things are in boxes.  They stole a bunch of sentimental value things, my wedding photos, congratulations cards, honeymoon photos, among other paper related stuff... they also took almost all my Green Day collection. All my CDs, singles, normal releases, special edition CDs, booklets. The whole discography on vinyl, plus the ultimate collector box set with all the singles on vinyl, a pair of drumsticks from Tré, picks from Billie and Mike, my concert tickets from my first Green Day concert. A bunch of magazines, that go from 2007 to now. My Green Day Venezuelan flag that  made for the most recent tour (I’m from Venezuela), plus cups, stickers, books. Everything that took me more than a decade to build. I’m pretty sure that the thief doesn’t even know how much that collection is worth

We reported it to the police and we called all the record stores in town. However, I don’t really have high hopes to recover my collection. I’m just so upset... I don’t own many stuff from other bands but I’m a  Green Day collector, it’s my favorite band since I  ever, and having something that took me so long and effort to build taken away like that it just makes my blood boil, and fact that I can’t do anything about it just makes me more sad... 

Sorry again for the long text. This just sucks a lot, and I needed to take it all out. Have a good day or night!

Go to eBay, log in (so it has your ZIP code) and search "green day", with "closest to you" as the primary sort. If stuff you owned starts showing up for sale from close to you, make note of the seller's user ID. If the same name pops up a few times, get back in touch with the police to update your report.

Amazon's a little harder to do that with. Unless there's an option I'm just brain farting on, you'll have to search the individual items you've lost and click on the sellers list to see if anyone near you is selling something you owned.

*EDIT: If you really want to play James Bond, you can re-purchase one of your items to get the seller's name and address, then after it arrives, open up a claim saying that the item is not as described and mail back a turd in a box instead of the CD.

If you want to get your stuff back but possibly commit a felony, buy as much of it as you can before the seller cuts you off, then open up a chargeback with your credit card company saying that your card was stolen and used without your authorization.

This fucking blows

If you'd like i can send you a drumstick from tre and a mike dirnt pick..l know it's not the same but a new start

Keep your head up buddy

Edit

I worded this weird like i know them personally or something haha

I have a few things i can spare because i see them too much lol

4 hours ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

This fucking blows

If you'd like i can send you a drumstick from tre and a mike dirnt pick..l know it's not the same but a new start

Keep your head up buddy

Edit

I worded this weird like i know them personally or something haha

I have a few things i can spare because i see them too much lol

Damn you found one of the sticks or caught one? 

10 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Damn you found one of the sticks or caught one? 

Tres drum tech gave it to me on the rev rad tour, it was used. So rad markings

Tre also gave me a pair after i sang longview once too

3 hours ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

Tres drum tech gave it to me on the rev rad tour, it was used. So rad markings

Tre also gave me a pair after i sang longview once too

Nice 

Someone on Billies team gave me one of the Billie’s uno pick at the SxSW show cause I was sitting on the side due to my injured foot the venue sit me up in a chair so my view was Jason side and I saw all of Billie’s guitars and such after the show since Tre kept throwing his sticks behind him I asked the same dude if I could get one of the sticks as well but he all “we don’t give them out unless Tre throws them to the crowd himself” I’m like that’s fucking bull but whatever 

you’re lucky to have gotten to sing 

Archived