GDA is looking for news editors

Fuzz

Taken from GDA

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/5865/ 

If you're a longtime visitor to GDA you know we've been kind of slow in posting the latest Green Day news. The site is run by volunteers. Everyone who posts and maintains the site does so because they like Green Day and like being involved in this community. The problem is that sometimes our "real lives" get in the way. We'd like to bring on one or two news editors to join the team to help us get back on track in having the latest information posted more quickly.

Duties:

• Keep up to date with Green Day news
  • Post news stories at least 1-2 times a week.
  • Add photos and links to news articles
  • Share community content (videos, artwork, articles)
  • Brainstorm new creative articles to write

Required:

• Must have strong written communication skills in English
  • Must be at least 16 years old
  • Participate in team chat through Telegram messenger

Not required, but preferred:

• Some basic experience with image editing (taking screenshots and resizing)
  • Basic knowledge of web formatting (adding links, inserting photos)
  • Some experience in writing online content (send links to examples in your email if possible)

If you're interested in applying, please send a news sample to team@greendayauthority.com.

• Pick any recent Green Day news and write it up as if it was a GDA news article. 
  • Include links, images, and credit to the source of the news.

Also include answers to the following:

• Where are you from?
  • Why are you interested in joining GDA?
  • How long have you been visiting GDA?
  • Share your username if you're a member of Green Day Community, .

If you're not interesting in joining as a news editor, but would like to contribute in some other way, send us an email with more information.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Unfortunately your warn log follows you.

It's been years, but I sort of assumed so. And I'm guessing the "recovery" pitch from my last application still won't cut it.

So anyone with a list of warnings shouldn't apply? :P Ngl I'm interested, but isn't 1 - 2 stories a week a bit much in times of inactivity?

23 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

So anyone with a list of warnings shouldn't apply? :P Ngl I'm interested, but isn't 1 - 2 stories a week a bit much in times of inactivity?

There is honestly usually something to write about at least once a week, even during the band's downtime.

If I wasn’t a lazy writer I’d apply since I’m on here pretty much 24/7 (just cause I don’t post sadly don’t mean I’m not reading sad life I know but nothing else to do)

28 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Maybe this is an anticipatory hiring for expected Green Day activity.

Ooh does that mean we get to speculate on what it means?! 😂

1 hour ago, Stewe said:

When the apply ends?

I'd like to do it, but I don't have telegram

It's an app you can download for your smartphone 

Why not bring DookieLukie on board? For real. Dude clearly has very strong written communication skills. He stays up on what's happening in the Green Day world and cares enough about it to make thought out posts that make sense. He still wants to do it, and is clearly committed to the band/site seeing as he still visits and makes contributory posts even after having a rough time on here several years ago. It's literally been years since he did anything noticeable on here. Unlike 100% of the other serious responses to the thread, his was written with proper English grammar.

Isn't it possible he's matured and could be an asset to the team? 

1 minute ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Why not bring DookieLukie on board? For real. Dude clearly has very strong written communication skills. He stays up on what's happening in the Green Day world and cares enough about it to make thought out posts that make sense. He still wants to do it, and is clearly committed to the band/site seeing as he still visits and makes contributory posts even after having a rough time on here several years ago. It's literally been years since he did anything noticeable on here. Unlike 100% of the other serious responses to the thread, his was written with proper English grammar.

"bUt wE dOn'T lIkE hIm"

1 hour ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I agree, give the man a chance. Isn't passion for the band and good writing skills the most important thing for writing GDA articles? You can always kick him out again if he murders someone.

2 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

WHY DONT YOU MARRY HIM HUHHHHH!??? 

but unfortunately I agree

Forget the fake news here comes the truth:

Billie Joe Quits Green Day To Fully Focus On His Career As A Social Media Editor

Billie Joe has announced he's quitting Green Day to fully dedicate his attention to social media. As of today, the singer has applied for unpayed internships in several agencies in a desperate bid to land a stable job in the field.
"I'd like to do what I do the best and even though playing music was fun, I'm best at telling people to fuck off and fighting online, and that's a passion I can fully realize as a social media editor." wrote Armstrong in his Instagram post.
The news has been a shock not only to fans but also to the band and Billie Joe's friends and family. "I can't believe he did that!!!" said ex-girlfriend Arica Pelino in her statement.
A source close to Armstrong has hinted that while frantically googling for job offers, Billie Joe has stumbled upon an offer from GDA and he will be applying for the position of a GDC mod. The same source also indicated that Armstrong has already been declined a job moderating r/greenday.

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Forget the fake news here comes the truth:

Billie Joe Quits Green Day To Fully Focus On His Career As A Social Media Editor

Billie Joe has announced he's quitting Green Day to fully dedicate his attention to social media. As of today, the singer has applied for unpayed internships in several agencies in a desperate bid to land a stable job in the field.
"I'd like to do what I do the best and even though playing music was fun, I'm best at telling people to fuck off and fighting online, and that's a passion I can fully realize as a social media editor." wrote Armstrong in his Instagram post.
The news has been a shock not only to fans but also to the band and Billie Joe's friends and family. "I can't believe he did that!!!" said ex-girlfriend Arica Pelino in her statement.
A source close to Armstrong has hinted that while frantically googling for job offers, Billie Joe has stumbled upon an offer from GDA and he will be applying for the position of a GDC mod. The same source also indicated that Armstrong has already been declined a job moderating r/greenday.

SEE WHAT I MEAN! GDA NEEDS THIS

18 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I appreciate all the kind words, especially from @Brooklyn Baby. Made my night :)

WHY DONT YOU MARRY HER!? ok im done...

Why not give DookieLukie a chance? Give him a trial period if he fucks up then fire him 

Archived