Billie Joe confirms he's working on new Green Day songs

dudley dawson

When it will be released- January 2020 (My thoughts are Billie is in the early stages of writing the music so a while until anything is released)

Number of songs- 18

Number of words in album title- 3

Length of album- 58 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song?- Yes 1

Will there be any "political" songs?- 3

What the album may sound like- The trilogy 

If anyone remembers we should definitely look back on all these predictions, see if anybody got them all correct lol.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Screeno said:

When it will be released- January 2020 (My thoughts are Billie is in the early stages of writing the music so a while until anything is released)

Number of songs- 18

Number of words in album title- 3

Length of album- 58 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song?- Yes 1

Will there be any "political" songs?- 3

What the album may sound like- The trilogy 

If anyone remembers we should definitely look back on all these predictions, see if anybody got them all correct lol.

I always post predictions and then can't find them once the album comes out. 

It's about time for more songs.  Not 37 song at one time but 18 is a good healthy number.  I'd go for a full hour running time.  Yes to a 6+ minute song - they have proved they are good at it and it's welcome any time.  Politics, I'm sick of hearing about to be honest, but maybe ONE and then some others that are vague enough to not bash me over the head with if I don't wanna take it politically.  And while Green Day has done a great job of giving each album it's own personality and sound, if I had to predict......I'd say a nice Insomniac / Dookie /  Trilogy / Rev Rad blended vibe. 

Wait!  I'm onto something here!    18 songs!  A wide range of sounds and styles......ladies and gentlemen, shut up about American Idiot II and make way for...................................NIMROD 2 NIMROD.   The shaky and off balance album from pop punk legends that is a perfect blend of pop punk from yesteryear and groundbreaking, radio play getting pop music of the 2020's. 

Sounds like the musical equivalent of Green Day and The Network fighting over supremacy and them both getting their butt kicked.....but in a good way.  

Gina from "Misery" meets up with "Whathisname" and tear up the town during a night to remember in "Babies on the Town"  

Yep.   I think we got this thing wrapped up.   It's going to leak about a month before it drops.

SICK

Well ¡TRÉ! was going to be released in January, then they pulled it in 5 weeks in the aftermath of iHeart

20 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Well ¡TRÉ! was going to be released in January, they they pulled it in 5 weeks in the aftermath of iHeart

That was so sad!!!! I hate how that incident messed up the Trilogy. Prescription drugs are so dirty and make the wrong people rich and hurt the masses. Anyway that’s another subject/doesn’t need to be revisited. I’m glad he’s off the drugs and enjoying the beers and small shows.

But Tre was special for a lot of reasons and third in a series hence the January release.

Thank you so much for answering my question :)

When it will be released- Mid 2020 

Number of songs- 14

Number of words in album title- 2

Length of album- 46 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song?- Yes 2

Will there be any "political" songs?- 2

What the album may sound like- Uno/Tre Power Pop

46 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Number of songs- 14

Sad about the mid 2020 release prediction but excited about the Uno/Tre power prediction!

2 hours ago, Justin1 said:

No offence, but god I hope you’re wrong haha

I really hope they don't release an album so generic and predictable that it's able to be accurately guessed at in this thread :lol: 

11 hours ago, That Dude said:

I always post predictions and then can't find them once the album comes out. 

It's about time for more songs.  Not 37 song at one time but 18 is a good healthy number.  I'd go for a full hour running time.  Yes to a 6+ minute song - they have proved they are good at it and it's welcome any time.  Politics, I'm sick of hearing about to be honest, but maybe ONE and then some others that are vague enough to not bash me over the head with if I don't wanna take it politically.  And while Green Day has done a great job of giving each album it's own personality and sound, if I had to predict......I'd say a nice Insomniac / Dookie /  Trilogy / Rev Rad blended vibe. 

Wait!  I'm onto something here!    18 songs!  A wide range of sounds and styles......ladies and gentlemen, shut up about American Idiot II and make way for...................................NIMROD 2 NIMROD.   The shaky and off balance album from pop punk legends that is a perfect blend of pop punk from yesteryear and groundbreaking, radio play getting pop music of the 2020's. 

See I'm thinking that the album will be a longer one, with 18 songs like 21CB. I'm thinking the sound will be more 21CB, a more grown up sound with a hint of dookie/ the trilogy if that's possible :lol:

My turn!

When it will be released - October 2019

Number of songs - 14

Number of words in album title - 2

Length of album - 51 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song? - No

Will there be any "political" songs? - Yes...will say at least 3 songs with political undertones/interpretations

What the album may sound like - Angry

On 1/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, The Insider said:

Every song to be like Bang Bang

Well that's what everyone was wanting from Rev Rad after BB was released!

10 hours ago, aydge89 said:

Well that's what everyone was wanting from Rev Rad after BB was released!

True but there are some good songs on RevRad.  I hope Forever Now stays on the setlist for many years.  But yeah Bang Bang is a Banger😀

When it will be released - November 2019

Number of songs - 12

Number of words in album title - 1

Length of album - 54 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song? - Yes

Will there be any "political" songs?-Yes and a F-Trump for good measure.

What the album may sound like - Green Day.

Super fucking stoked for a new album, as I'm sure we ALL are....  I love every single album the boys have ever released, some more than others, but each in their own way.  I hope the new album is nothing like the Uno/Dos/Tre Trilogy though.  I don't hate them, but to me, they just seemed.... rushed. 🙁

My prediction?

Released in November 2019 (wishful thinking, as my birthday is Nov 4th) 

13 songs.

Number of words in album title - 3

Length of album - 58 minutes

6+ minute song?  Yes

Any political songs?  Yes, Anti-Trump for sure 

What will the album sound like?  like they have been around since fucking 1986 and STILL continue to rock our faces off!! 🤘 

On 1/22/2019 at 10:22 PM, Screeno said:

I decided to nerd out and made a spreadsheet with all the predictions so far :lol: When we hear more album news I'll definitely consult it to see who was most accurate! Winner gets bragging rights and an official 'insider' title

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Y'all know who called it the last time :shifty:

To be honest I'm surprised there is not already a thread trying to decipher the nonsense he posted in his Instagram. 

2020 release I reckon with the having a baby and billie working on songs by himself now. In January 2016 they were in the studio actually recording and it was a September release. I’m guessing they’ll hit their studio in October time. Spring 2020 release 

1 hour ago, The Insider said:

To be honest I'm surprised there is not already a thread trying to decipher the nonsense he posted in his Instagram. 

We should be ashamed of ourselves - it deserves a thread.

5 hours ago, Jonny smith said:

2020 release I reckon with the having a baby and billie working on songs by himself now. In January 2016 they were in the studio actually recording and it was a September release. I’m guessing they’ll hit their studio in October time. Spring 2020 release 

They started recording the trilogy on Valentine's day 2012 and uno was released in September, so ya never know!

Release - April 2020
Songs - 16
Length - 72
Sounds like - Nimrod
Political Songs - Yes, not a political album though. Maybe one or two songs. 
6+ minute song? - Definitely, it's what they do best!

On 1/22/2019 at 8:00 PM, Justin1 said:

Number of songs- 14

This but with a hint of hard rock.   

Release - October 17, 2025
Songs - 8
Length - 80 minutes
Sounds like - Nimrod burned to the ground and rebuilt as the skeletal remains of American Idiot, with Dookie and Warning Esque overtones.  Some fans claim it's an Insomniac rip off, but most of us think those fans are stupid.   
Political Songs - No, but on one tune Billie jokes that he's running for president!  That song sounds like Too Dumb to Die but super fast and more guitar centered. 
6+ minute song? - 8 songs, 80 minutes.  So yes.  2 minutes, 7 minutes, 24 minutes, 4 minutes, 2 minutes, 13 minutes, 20 minutes and 8 minutes.  The band try to promote the album by claiming that it can only be enjoyed in its entirety but only a few of us GDA users have time for that and all the short tunes become massive hits.    

When it will be released - Billie built a time machine to hide a single physical copy of the album somewhere around the year 1200 BCE

Number of songs - 1

Number of words in album title - 1, but it is all of the lyrics combined into a single word.

Length of album - 69 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song? - yes

Will there be any "political" songs? - The single song epic will build upon a variety of different lyrical themes and topics that cleverly tie together into one overarching literary masterpiece.

What the album may sound like - It will incorporate many genres, from ancient traditional folk sounds from all across the world, to a seemingly instrumental post rock part with a quiet, hidden rap in the background. We get everything from classic Green Day sounds to a more experimental style never before touched by the likes of this band or any before them. They will take both old and new to create something so entirely unique that parts of it will sound alien to the human ear.  It will go from sweeping orchestral style to black metal, from pop pseudo-choruses to progressive avant-garde stylings. 

Archived