dudley dawson

Billie Joe confirms he's working on new Green Day songs

Screeno

When it will be released- January 2020 (My thoughts are Billie is in the early stages of writing the music so a while until anything is released)

Number of songs- 18

Number of words in album title- 3

Length of album- 58 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song?- Yes 1

Will there be any "political" songs?- 3

What the album may sound like- The trilogy 

If anyone remembers we should definitely look back on all these predictions, see if anybody got them all correct lol.

• Like 1

That Dude
1 hour ago, Screeno said:

When it will be released- January 2020 (My thoughts are Billie is in the early stages of writing the music so a while until anything is released)

Number of songs- 18

Number of words in album title- 3

Length of album- 58 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song?- Yes 1

Will there be any "political" songs?- 3

What the album may sound like- The trilogy 

If anyone remembers we should definitely look back on all these predictions, see if anybody got them all correct lol.

I always post predictions and then can't find them once the album comes out. 

It's about time for more songs.  Not 37 song at one time but 18 is a good healthy number.  I'd go for a full hour running time.  Yes to a 6+ minute song - they have proved they are good at it and it's welcome any time.  Politics, I'm sick of hearing about to be honest, but maybe ONE and then some others that are vague enough to not bash me over the head with if I don't wanna take it politically.  And while Green Day has done a great job of giving each album it's own personality and sound, if I had to predict......I'd say a nice Insomniac / Dookie /  Trilogy / Rev Rad blended vibe. 

Wait!  I'm onto something here!    18 songs!  A wide range of sounds and styles......ladies and gentlemen, shut up about American Idiot II and make way for...................................NIMROD 2 NIMROD.   The shaky and off balance album from pop punk legends that is a perfect blend of pop punk from yesteryear and groundbreaking, radio play getting pop music of the 2020's. 

Sounds like the musical equivalent of Green Day and The Network fighting over supremacy and them both getting their butt kicked.....but in a good way.  

Gina from "Misery" meets up with "Whathisname" and tear up the town during a night to remember in "Babies on the Town"  

Yep.   I think we got this thing wrapped up.   It's going to leak about a month before it drops.

SICK

Virginia Lot Lizard

When did they ever release anything in January? Is it typically April or September?

localinsomniac

Well ¡TRÉ! was going to be released in January, then they pulled it in 5 weeks in the aftermath of iHeart

• Like 1

Virginia Lot Lizard
20 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Well ¡TRÉ! was going to be released in January, they they pulled it in 5 weeks in the aftermath of iHeart

That was so sad!!!! I hate how that incident messed up the Trilogy. Prescription drugs are so dirty and make the wrong people rich and hurt the masses. Anyway that’s another subject/doesn’t need to be revisited. I’m glad he’s off the drugs and enjoying the beers and small shows.

But Tre was special for a lot of reasons and third in a series hence the January release.

Thank you so much for answering my question :)

• Like 1

Justin1

When it will be released- Mid 2020 

Number of songs- 14

Number of words in album title- 2

Length of album- 46 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song?- Yes 2

Will there be any "political" songs?- 2

What the album may sound like- Uno/Tre Power Pop

• Like 1

Virginia Lot Lizard
46 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

When it will be released- Mid 2020 

Number of songs- 14

Number of words in album title- 2

Length of album- 46 minutes

Will there be a 6+ minutes song?- Yes 2

Will there be any "political" songs?- 2

Sad about the mid 2020 release prediction but excited about the Uno/Tre power prediction!

MillenniumFan
2 hours ago, Justin1 said:

No offence, but god I hope you’re wrong haha