Billie Joe confirms he's working on new Green Day songs

dudley dawson

If they're working on the album now (which is possible if they're all in LA now), then I think the album could possibly be released by the end of 2019, or beginning of 2020. I remember for RevRad, Billie posted that pic of himself in the studio in January of 2016 and then the album came out in October.

Of course it depends on a number of other variables like how long the album will be, how many songs Billie will write and record, whether it'll be a high concept album or another RevRad-like album etc.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/16/2019 at 7:39 AM, maryjanewhatsername said:

I love 21CB as my fave album but sadly would agree with this attestment. Most of the songs on the Trilogy I could take or leave. RevRad had some really good stuff on it, a couple are repetitive or lackluster with the lyrics ("Youngblood", "Too Dumb To Die", "Bouncing Off The Wall"). This is especially when you compare it to something like AI or Nimrod. Kinda reminds me of Warning - great album, but not as complex or dangerously addictive as some of the others. 

What in the world is LIFL?

15 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What in the world is LIFL?

LOVE IS FOR LOSERS RULES! And the Trilogy songs on the Longshot setlist are some of the best GD songs. I think Bouncing Off the Wall and Devil’s Kind could have been on the same record. Both are really fun and cool.

Thinking of some of GD’s silliest songs today (All By Myself, KFAD, The Grouch, Ha Ha You’re Dead...) and I really hope the new album has at least one new silly song. 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Thinking of some of GD’s silliest songs today (All By Myself, KFAD, The Grouch, Ha Ha You’re Dead...) and I really hope the new album has at least one new silly song. 

I agree. I'm hoping for some humor!

Love some humour in Green Day lyrics! Even though they do less out and out silly songs now I think on Uno Dos Tre and Rev Rad there's a nice balance where even though the main theme of the song isn't usually silly there's still some humour or wit or some funny one liners or wordplay in there, same with the Longshot too so I hope to see that continue. Although I wouldn't say no to a totally silly song either. The fact that they never seem pretentious or po-faced in their lyrics (even in their most serious and ambitious work like AI and 21st CB) or on stage is like the main thing that attracted me to the band.

Whenever Green Day do sillier songs nowadays, they're always considered cringey.

i.e. Youngblood or Too Dumb To Die from RevRad, Troublemaker or Fuck Time from the trilogy (With Troublemaker, sort of justified to be fair - some of the lyrics there are just stupid but still)

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Whenever Green Day do sillier songs nowadays, they're always considered cringey.

i.e. Youngblood or Too Dumb To Die from RevRad, Troublemaker or Fuck Time from the trilogy (With Troublemaker, sort of justified to be fair - some of the lyrics there are just stupid but still)

I don’t consider those to be silly songs. Fuck Time maybe but that song isn’t cringey imo it’s actually funny.  Trilogy songs were mostly dark. What’s silly about YB or TDTD?

Blood, Sex and booze is another example of a silly song.  

23 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Troublemaker has some cringy lines but damn I love that song. It's a really fun song! And Fuck Time is one of the most fun songs they have ever done. I hope it makes it's way into the setlist at some point.

Archived