Beyond & Back podcast with Billie Joe

Squashie

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed listening to this. It was interesting in that the discussion was entirely focused on the creative process and the way he taps into it, not about anything specific to Green Day and what they’re up to but a deeper conversation. Loved it. 

I'm having a listen to this now. Love hearing about the creative process!

He even referenced the jam session the four of them did recently that was livestreamed. Nice to hear a little commentary on the thought process behind that. 

I loved how calm and collected he was, chilled and informative. Was easy listening.... Thanks Billie! 

I really enjoyed this “chat”, as they called it. So calm and interesting hearing his creative process and how he finds helping/encouraging others leads to him finding inspiration. I’ve always wanted him to talk about it more when asked in interviews, but it’s always a basic answer of “melody comes first”. 

The walking into deep water analogy was so cool. 🤯 

Way to “spill your guts”, BJ. 😘

That was really interesting.  Good to hear him speak about the creative process and what it means for him, we so often hear the same questions in interviews when he’s promoting a new record.  The interviewer was cool too and it rolled along well. I loved some of his analogies and I  always love to hear BJ speak and laugh.  Smart guy too.  💕💕💕

Great interview, and great to hear Billie in such a great place mentally! 

The selfish part of me wants a new album and tour, but the considerate part of me wants Billie to keep taking it easy, because it really sounds like it’s working for him! 

I’m listening to this again and all that talk about making a change and trying new things and I’m thinking is he trying to prepare us for something? 😂 Maybe I’m overthinking it.  

11 hours ago, squashie09 said:

New podcast! 

https://www.beyondandbackpodcast.com/episodes/2018/12/8/10-smash-everything-with-billie-joe-armstrong

(mods if this doesn’t warrant its own topic, feel free to merge with appropriate one.)

If there's one thing that 100% always deserves a new topic it's a brand new interview! 

Omg how long has it been since we heard Billie interviewed? Can't wait to listen to this

That was really interesting! I'll surely listen to it again. I loved too when Billie said he loves encouraging people notably because he encourages himself then. And that when he tells his audience to loosen up it helps him loosen up. Quite simple but important things, shows really how down-to-earth and human he is.

Wow this is so good! The interviewer is really talented to bring those answers out of him about such a complex subject, I don't think I've ever heard him go so deep into his creative process in an interview before. Very insightful and I just love his positive attitude. Also it was cute when he said he wasn't sure whether it was ok to say drag haha, very considerate of him.

11 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m listening to this again and all that talk about making a change and trying new things and I’m thinking is he trying to prepare us for something? 😂 Maybe I’m overthinking it.  

Dude, I'm always living for your theories because I guarantee you're right. 😂

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

Also it was cute when he said he wasn't sure whether it was ok to say drag haha, very considerate of him.

tumblr_inline_pjhj07BSsy1uih05v_1280.gif

his mama raised him right

One of the best interviews with him for a while, I will definitely listen again.

And from a fangirl point of view the picture of him from the interview is lovely.

5 hours ago, Adorkable said:

He is so adorkable. I really love that he has good snacks at the studio. It is all about the food.

I loved how he spoke about their fan base wanting to know what they are doing next....

no we don't - such an exaggeration😙

he summed up the feeling of what it's like at a GD concert - -- for me anyways. 

Someone should chop up this podcast, put music behind it and release it as Smashy Joe.   

I think I might do this.  

Archived