Interesting yet untalked about rumors you have heard?

ShakedTilCool

57 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Unclench. It's not spam but legitimate rumor. Look it up.

His nipples count as his personal life Jana

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again verbal warning point has to be given because you won't just follow a simple request to stop spamming a thread. If the only thing you have to add is more spam just don't post.

10 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

I don’t recall Nimrod ever being announced as a double album... I remember Billie saying because there was 18 songs instead of the usual 14 songs and it was the longest album of theirs at the time that it was “LIKE a double album” 

I'd heard rumors of a double album in the weeks leading up to the release date. Looking back, it was probably just words being twisted, getting people's hopes up.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:40 AM, Todd said:

I would love to see your sources for the other soundchecked songs in 2005 though! That is very intriguing. 

Well my source was from 4chan or something so pretty high chance it's faker than C&V being stolen.

Here it is even if it's fake (which it probably is) PHPWTls.png

On 12/3/2018 at 1:55 PM, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

What about the soundcheck in 2010 at Manchester ? I think they played Oh Girl and Dreamcatcher. It's on YouTube somewhere.

I wish these songs and the missing trilogy songs were released as b-sides or on a demolicious type project. I’ve seen the soundcheck of oh girl/dreamcatcher jam on youtube.  Such good songs! I wish they had been worked out and released at least as bsides or demos. The songs that didn’t make 21CB or the Trilogy seem more interesting that some of the songs that actually did. (Love all the songs! Just want more like a selfish jerk). Has anyone seen clips of Gabriella or Hello Firecracker or whatever those missing Trilogy songs are?

On 12/3/2018 at 1:55 PM, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

What about the soundcheck in 2010 at Manchester ? I think they played Oh Girl and Dreamcatcher. It's on YouTube somewhere.

I was just on YouTube looking up “new” songs played during soundchecks and Stay the Night was played during 2010 soundchecks too. Oh Girl, Dream Catcher and Stay the Night all played during 2010 soundchecks with similar sentiments. I think these songs are inspired by the same person/character.

2 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizzard said:

I wish these songs and the missing trilogy songs were released as b-sides or on a demolicious type project. I’ve seen the soundcheck of oh girl/dreamcatcher jam on youtube.  Such good songs! I wish they had been worked out and released at least as bsides or demos. The songs that didn’t make 21CB or the Trilogy seem more interesting that some of the songs that actually did. (Love all the songs! Just want more like a selfish jerk). Has anyone seen clips of Gabriella or Hello Firecracker or whatever those missing Trilogy songs are?

I will never give up hope that we will one day get Dreamcatcher.  And Minnesota Girl (in its original form, not Razor Baby).  Olivia would be nice too.

Speaking of soundcheck songs:

I don't know if any users that have been around here a long time remembers or I've gone crazy; Wasn't there some "new" songs at the time recorded at soundcheck - I'm thinking Marley Park in 2010 by a GDC user that was asked to be taken down by GD management? 

10 minutes ago, Daddy. said:

Speaking of soundcheck songs:

I don't know if any users that have been around here a long time remembers or I've gone crazy; Wasn't there some "new" songs at the time recorded at soundcheck - I'm thinking Marley Park in 2010 by a GDC user that was asked to be taken down by GD management? 

I think those were Dreamcatcher, Oh Girl and Stay The Night. 

Anyway, it's deliciously absurd how there's no way to be on topic in this thread - if something isn't talked about, it can't be a rumor and if something is talked about it can't be untalked about. And moreover, if something untalked about gets talked about it's not untalked about anymore and therefore it becomes off topic.

ma97zr8usiy3rrakdajt.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

if something isn't talked about, it can't be a rumor and if something is talked about it can't be untalked about. And moreover, if something untalked about gets talked about it's not untalked about anymore and therefore it becomes off topic.

ma97zr8usiy3rrakdajt.jpg

Wait, what?

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Wait, what?

Off topic comment about being off topic and it doesn’t make sense.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:13 AM, papa said:

nimrod was indeed discussed as a double album.

source? I have the press releases and I remember most of the interviews from the Nimrod era and I don’t recall ever seeing a mention of it being a double album other than Billie saying cause the album was 18 tracks that it was “LIKE a double album” which he said a couple times I’m thinking people saw that quote and ran with it being a double 

I am sure I saw something fairly recently where Billie said they were trying to make a double album with Nimrod, I was a little surprised as I hadn’t heard him state it like that, it may have been The Ride but haven’t time to check just now.

source? I have the press releases and I remember most of the interviews from the Nimrod era and I don’t recall ever seeing a mention of it being a double album other than Billie saying cause the album was 18 tracks that it was “LIKE a double album” which he said a couple times I’m thinking people saw that quote and ran with it being a double 

I can't find it, but I definitely remember an interview from back then where Mike mentioned something about it being a double album but then they wanted to keep the price down, but he may have been joking

the source is me saying it. 

1 hour ago, papa said:

the source is me saying it. 

Good enough for me :ga: 

8 hours ago, jengd said:

I am sure I saw something fairly recently where Billie said they were trying to make a double album with Nimrod, I was a little surprised as I hadn’t heard him state it like that, it may have been The Ride but haven’t time to check just now.

I was thinking it was The Ride too.

Archived