Green Day music videos

k3rnelpanic

Is there anywhere to buy a DVD/Blu-ray of uncensored versions of their videography? All their music videos on Youtube are censored, which is really lame. At least, Basket Case and Brain Stew were when I watched them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, k3rnelpanic said:

Is there anywhere to buy a DVD/Blu-ray of uncensored versions of their videography? All their music videos on Youtube are censored, which is really lame. At least, Basket Case and Brain Stew were when I watched them.

You can get the pre-American Idiot  "International Supervideos"  for £1.99 on eBay

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

You mean like "International Supervideos" with the hits?

Yes. Are those uncensored? Even so, I'd imagine anything from American Idiot - present wouldn't be on there.

Oh, I think that one is still there on Youtube. I mainly just meant the ones before the trilogy album. Sorry for miswording it and making this post confusing.

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Where did the explicit version of Oh Love go?

There’s an explicit Oh Love?? 

34 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizzard said:

Yes. I can't link you to it now as I'm at work and it's NSFW, but it should be on the GD youtube channel.

3 hours ago, k3rnelpanic said:

There are no uncensored music videos the videos were made for MTV to air so they had to use the radio edits otherwise mtv wouldn’t be able to air them 

of course videos from 21st on up probably will have both versions available since YouTube and such are the main source for videos 

I really wish they would release a new video collection with ALL of their videos. 

11 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

@Jane Lannister wasn't kidding about the uncensored Oh Love. It's the best. :P also like @squashie09 said super NSFW 😂

I definitely want to see this! Worse than the regular one? WTF??

I totally recommend you the Internation Supervideos! DVD. I bought it in 2005, it was my 1st one... Played 4567890 times tru the years, it still works, luckly. PS: I have the uncensored ''Longview'' music video but I can't upload it, sorry peeps.

If you have a video editing program it shouldn’t be hard making the videos uncensored just mute the video audio and replace it with the album audio (assuming the video audio is the same length as the album audio) 

21 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizzard said:

I believe it was originally released on the Playboy website (or something similar). I can't remember if it's elsewhere or not though. From what I remember it is more explicit (some topless shots maybe?) but also just put together better so the band and models actually kind of look like they're having fun doing the stereotypical rockstar lifestyle thing rather than just awkwardness :P, which makes it the better version.

18 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I believe it was originally released on the Playboy website (or something similar). I can't remember if it's elsewhere or not though. From what I remember it is more explicit (some topless shots maybe?) but also just put together better so the band and models actually kind of look like they're having fun doing the stereotypical rockstar lifestyle thing rather than just awkwardness :P, which makes it the better version.

Yes, it was Playboy. :lol: Topless shots and ass (a model's ass, before anyone gets excited :P). I agree it's better than the other version. At least it's somewhat properly done.

I found Oh Love video to be tasteless. I was really disappointed that was the video they went with. Seems so unlike Green day. 

I think they were meant to be playing characters, like stereotypical rockstars hanging out with models, all about lust and not love. But it's poorly acted and directed so it didn't really work :P 

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think they were meant to be playing characters, like stereotypical rockstars hanging out with models, all about lust and not love. But it's poorly acted and directed so it didn't really work :P 

really interesting way to look at it. maybe i will be able to watch the video without dying now.

5 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

really interesting way to look at it. maybe i will be able to watch the video without dying now.

Dead Billie Joe jokes are out, dead Billie Hoe jokes are in! You heard it here first!!!

On 11/30/2018 at 7:10 PM, k3rnelpanic said:

idk if it has been mentioned before because i'm too lazy to read everything but, if you have basic video editing skills, take the censored youtube video and replace the censored bits with the mp3. 

46 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Didn't they bring the director out of retirement for it? 

15 minutes ago, someBODY once told me said:

LOL, awkward

43 minutes ago, someBODY once told me said:

Oh yeah it's Sam Bayer lol, I think they did! I actually thought the idea of it was interesting and could've been very good, it just wasn't well executed. The Kill the DJ one he also did was OK but again not spectacular, wasn't really worth bringing him back. I think the best trilogy video by far was Stray Heart, love the little heart guy :lol: 

I do wish they'd release another video compilation, it's long overdue! When I had the International Supervideos video (before I had internet) I watched it so many times

Archived