Taxi Driver nominated for Little Steven’s Underground Garage “Coolest Song in the World 2018”

Yosuke Hanamura

For those who are unaware, Underground Garage is the name of a radio show on Sirius XM that presents a mix of both old and new Rock N’ Roll/Garage Rock music. 

Taxi Driver was featured in show 840, which can be found here: http://undergroundgarage.com/jw/playlist.php?id=2789

And is up for the title of “Coolest Song in the World 2018” by the show. Votes can be made here (Once every 24 hours): http://undergroundgarage.com/the-coolest-songs-in-the-world-2018.html

cswheader2018.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been trying to remember to vote every day! Hope everyone else is too ;)

Sorry, I've been voting for Prima Donna's song "4 Real". Billie doesn't need things like this but they do, haha.

11 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

Sorry, I've been voting for Prima Donna's song "4 Real". Billie doesn't need things like this but they do, haha.

Lol I voted for them too. I just like that song better!

Really? That song? Out of everything on the Longshot album, that's the one they pick?

10 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Really? That song? Out of everything on the Longshot album, that's the one they pick?

That is exactly what I was thinking. 

Taxi Driver is a a weird choice. I would've picked Love is for Losers or Turn Me Loose. I do love the whole album though, so it's still getting my vote!

4 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

Lol I voted for them too. I just like that song better!

That too! My favorite Longshot song still beats my favorite Prima Donna song but Taxi Driver ain't it. 

I honestly would have picked Turn Me Loose, but i’m not exactly complaining. Taxi Driver is great.

10 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I honestly would have picked Turn Me Loose, but i’m not exactly complaining. Taxi Driver is great.

I love Turn Me Loose. It's my favorite.

Album version, I love Turn Me Loose more than Taxi Driver (my favorites are Happiness and Chasing a ghost but I don't now if I'd use the word "cool" to describe them) but Taxi Driver was great live.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget it's your last chance to vote for your fave song today!

Taxi Driver is definitely my least favorite from Love is for Losers. The title track was definitely one of the best songs of the year though!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the winner will be announced today:

Hey everyone - Taxi Driver won!

Looks like my votes counted for something! :lol:

Me too, don’t think I can even pick this station up but I voted quite a few times, gotta support our boi 💕 and I love how Stevie has such love for Billie and GD.

Couple of tweets here congratulating the Longshot:

I think it’s awesome that Billie is still involved in the underground music scene after this many years. 

Archived