Article: "No Holiday for Green Day | Why Green Day powers through a 30-year career"

Vintage Disciple

I do like the point of highlighting this

However, with 2000’s Warning, the doubts about Green Day’s change of tone started to emerge. In his review of the album, Greg Kot wrote in Rolling Stone that “The problem is, (Armstrong) can’t muster the same excitement for his more mature themes.” When Green Day came into the spotlight after a four year hiatus, and American Idiot was released in 2004, they hit gold with the most successful album in the band’s history

My favorite thing about Green Day is that no one can accurately predict where they're going or what they're capable of. American Idiot wasn't an obvious turn, and even though I loved Warning, lots of people thought it was marking a decline of the band. They're incredibly capable musicians and Billie an incredible songwriter. They don't nail it every single time, but they have the skills they need to write something that really connects.

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

I do like the point of highlighting this

My favorite thing about Green Day is that no one can accurately predict where they're going or what they're capable of. American Idiot wasn't an obvious turn, and even though I loved Warning, lots of people thought it was marking a decline of the band. They're incredibly capable musicians and Billie an incredible songwriter. They don't nail it every single time, but they have the skills they need to write something that really connects.

Totally agree, and I will always defend them for their attitude towards doing stuff even if it doesn’t always hit the mark!

Archived