How old must you be to go to a concert?

At the Knitting Factory in Boise, they let you in regardless of age. If you're 21+, you get a wristband. 18 - 21, an X written in permanent marker on the backs of your hands. Under 18, X with a circle around it on the backs of your hands. Each venue has a different way of doing things, so it all depends upon that. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, o_O said:

if it's metal concerts 18+ 

if it's hip hop 18+ 

if i had a child i will not allow them to go to any concert that could potentially turn into a shit show until they're 16 at bare minimum. 

just my opinion. 

How bad could any concert be even in the pit? I honestly didn't think anyone would die or even get that injured from people slamming into them and getting hit by beer cans. I always wondered what it would be like in the pit of a metal concert.

Edit: I just watched a video and the people look like they're purposely punching people. I don't get it

2 hours ago, duckez said:

How bad could any concert be even in the pit? I honestly didn't think anyone would die or even get that injured from people slamming into them and getting hit by beer cans. I always wondered what it would be like in the pit of a metal concert.

Edit: I just watched a video and the people look like they're purposely punching people. I don't get it

It only takes 1 for the pit at any concert to go bad - ya gotta have your team around you😁

3 hours ago, duckez said:

people were purposely violent in the pit for Rancid in Hyde Park

9 hours ago, Not as cool as Tré Cool said:

see that is why I wish I was 16 or older

Age limits depend on the venue, I'm only basing this on ones I've been to. And being in seats is cool anyway, you get a better view. Plus your wish will come true one day and Green Day will most likely still be touring :D 

Yeah the older I've gotten the more I appreciate seated shows... Honestly I typically stand anyway but I like having a designated spot. I can get to the venue when I want, I can sit if I need to so my feet don't ache, and I don't have worry about fighting for spots. 

51 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Yeah the older I've gotten the more I appreciate seated shows... Honestly I typically stand anyway but I like having a designated spot. I can get to the venue when I want, I can sit if I need to so my feet don't ache, and I don't have worry about fighting for spots. 

I've never seen Green Day from a seat but i can tell the older I get the less bothered I am about waiting in line for hours just to stand for some more hours :lol: 

10 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

I've never seen Green Day from a seat but i can tell the older I get the less bothered I am about waiting in line for hours just to stand for some more hours :lol: 

Exactly! That's another thing I hate. I don't like lining up early just to get a halfway decent spot. I never try for the barrier, I don't have that kind of dedication, but I at least want to see something. Standing shows are cool because they feel a bit more intimate, but seats are great :lol:

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

Age limits depend on the venue, I'm only basing this on ones I've been to. And being in seats is cool anyway, you get a better view. Plus your wish will come true one day and Green Day will most likely still be touring :D 

But I have to wait five years before that and they'll be in their 50s by then so how do I know for sure they will be performing still

18 minutes ago, Not as cool as Tré Cool said:

But I have to wait five years before that and they'll be in their 50s by then so how do I know for sure they will be performing still

They love performing so I think they will. But you might get to see them before that anyway if you're lucky, just have to wait and see if you get the chance to go to a show when they tour.

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

I will just leave this here

image-20150313-7070-1jqdccg.jpg?ixlib=rb

Hmmm....looks like male rock artists die in their 50's...

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

They love performing so I think they will. But you might get to see them before that anyway if you're lucky, just have to wait and see if you get the chance to go to a show when they tour.

Maybe they'll die before I'm 16, which will fucking suck if it happens

7 minutes ago, Not as cool as Tré Cool said:

Hmmm....looks like male rock artists die in their 50's...

See you still have at least three years :lol:

16 hours ago, Joe. said:

people were purposely violent in the pit for Rancid in Hyde Park

If Rancid ever tour here I wouldn't go in the pit - it would be too hectic.

12 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

I did the last tour with seats - didn't bother me in the slightest - I was in my own little GD bubble - I apologised in advance to everyone around me.

Seats are okay but I prefer pit - it's easier for me to let loose in the pit whereas in seats I'm like :blush:. Plus Green Day pits are usually mild and I don't think I'd mind not being at the front. It's chill. (Quote me on this before a show :P)

6 hours ago, The Insider said:

I did the last tour with seats - didn't bother me in the slightest - I was in my own little GD bubble - I apologised in advance to everyone around me.

That's because you are old. 

12 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I will just leave this here

According to this, our favourite three punks should be dead already 

4 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

According to this, our favourite three punks should be dead already 

The graph probably doesn't take the impostor into consideration. That's how they get to live a long life.

I went to my first show when I was 14, alone, and it was all GA (granted, the cap for that is about 3k). Like many have stated, it really does depend on the venue and the show you are attending. There are venues that are all ages and still have a bar - they'll just mark you if you're underage and all.

13 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

That's because you are old. 

& because I had a suspected broken foot😋

27 minutes ago, The Insider said:

& because I had a suspected broken foot😋

No shame in being "old" and hanging out in the seating 😂 Last time Slipknot came to town, I was in the nosebleed section and that's because not only were the seats $80 versus $225 for the floor, but the pit looked gnar, especially because Suicidal Tendencies was opening 😂 No shame, totally like being "old" at a concert sometimes :P

6 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

No shame in being "old" and hanging out in the seating 😂 Last time Slipknot came to town, I was in the nosebleed section and that's because not only were the seats $80 versus $225 for the floor, but the pit looked gnar, especially because Suicidal Tendencies was opening 😂 No shame, totally like being "old" at a concert sometimes :P

You are fairly new so you wouldn't know that @grubby poop is probably the oldest on the boards😱She is still hot as hell though. 

5 hours ago, The Insider said:

You are fairly new so you wouldn't know that @grubby poop is probably the oldest on the boards😱She is still hot as hell though. 

LOL I'm only 20 but I sure as heck feel old 😂

2 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

LOL I'm only 20 but I sure as heck feel old 😂

Twenty is not old. 😅 

Adulting makes me feel old.  (Sitting downwith a financial planner getting stuff in order to buy a house and start disability insurance policy just in case)

I was 14 at my first green day concert (2005) 

I have been listening to green day half of my life (turning 28 in 29 days)

Archived