How old must you be to go to a concert?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn’t matter what age you are as long as the venue isn’t 18+ or 21+ 😊

also you’ll see them again. They aren’t gone forever 

They're definitely still doing shows, just have to wait until the next album/tour (hoping for next year but we don't know when yet).

Like Liam said there's no age restriction on Green Day shows unless it's a tiny one in a bar etc that's 18+ or 21+, regular shows in arenas and stadiums are open to all ages.  A lot of venues do require that you're accompanied by an adult if you're under a certain age and that people under a certain age aren't allowed in the pit/standing area though, in which case you'd have to be there with someone older and have seat tickets. For example at the O2 Arena in London anyone under 15 has to be accompanied by an adult and you have to be over 16 to be in the pit/standing area.

When shows are announced and there's one you want to go to all you have to do is check on the venue's website to see the rules on age restrictions before you buy a ticket.

my dad took me to see them on the nimrod tour when I was only 11 years old! You should be fine at most of the venues they play

You should go when you can.  Any age. I took my daughter to her first concert at 10.  I was older, when I first saw Green Day in Petaluma in 1991, but it was a fantastic experience regardless of age.

When I went to see them at a large amphitheater show, there were kids younger than 10 around me, and they all rocked out harder than most of the adults around.

9 hours ago, The Insider said:

I also think BJ has mellowed a bit now.  I wouldn't hesitate taking a kid to a concert now.

Don’t tell him he’s mellowed, he’ll spit in your face 😂

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

, he’ll spit in your face 😂

@Hermione my worst nightmare.

Don't make me bring out my clip of him yelling he is bleeding from his anus😌

18 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Don't make me bring out my clip of him yelling he is bleeding from his anus😌

Bring it.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:59 AM, The Insider said:

I also think BJ has mellowed a bit now.  I wouldn't hesitate taking a kid to a concert now.

9 hours ago, The Insider said:

clip of him yelling he is bleeding from his anus😌

Great work illustrating your point :lol: 

49 minutes ago, jengd said:

@The Insider well I can’t believe I haven’t seen that before 😂😂😂 “we’re bringing a classy show this evening” 😂😂😂

My son begged me to go that night😂

On 11/19/2018 at 11:59 PM, The Insider said:

He'll still teach your kid a few new words. 

On 11/21/2018 at 2:58 AM, jengd said:

“we’re bringing a classy show this evening” 😂😂😂

After seeing that, all I can think of is the MTV promo for Jaded in Chicago.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:17 PM, AndrewUnknown said:

“You know what Americans and Australians have in common? We are very dirty people.” I can vouch for the Americans in this case

ha - only just saw this - Aussies are fine upstanding citizens.

if it's metal concerts 18+ 

if it's hip hop 18+ 

if i had a child i will not allow them to go to any concert that could potentially turn into a shit show until they're 16 at bare minimum. 

just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, o_O said:

if i had a child i will not allow them to go to any concert that could potentially turn into a shit show until they're 16 at bare minimum. 

51 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Example

I think he went to one as a kid and didn't know that not all kids leave a concert the way he did

How did I get this?

look at his damn screen name

1 hour ago, o_O said:

if it's metal concerts 18+ 

if it's hip hop 18+ 

just my opinion. 

In a lot of venues if you're much younger than 16 you're only allowed to be in the seating area and have to be with an adult. Can't see much danger at a Green Day show up in the seats.

Archived