Top 5 Happy/Positive VS Top 5 Sad/Angry Green Day Songs

Justin1

Well firstly it's kind of hard to pick some GD happy songs because in reality they're all kind of really deep and sad but here goes. These aren't in any order of preference but just the ones that came to mind:

Happy songs:

She - empowerment (my favourite line "She, she's figured out, all the doubts were someone else's point of view" - hits me every time)

Waiting - "destined for any thing at all" (you can do anything)

Castaway - I've always related so much to the lyrics of this song and what a great song it is. Initially I was thinking it's a sad song but can also be viewed as happy because it's"taking back what's mine"

Only of You - Sappy love song and great to dance to

Forever Now - "I ain't gonna stand in line no more" (yeah, that's right!)

Sad songs:

Whatsername - I've always related to this one as well. That waste of your life when you can't get over someone or get any closure 

Uptight - Just the first verse of this song hits me everytime and I identify with it so much "I woke up on the wrong side of the floor. Made, made my way to the front door. Broke my engagement with myself. Perfect picture of bad health". Amazing song to scream along to and such a shame GD have never played this live.

Amy - Kind of biased towards this one because I was only a year older than Amy Winehouse when I was told I'd be dead in a year if I didn't stop drinking.

Paper Lanterns - kind of an older more immature version of Whatsername so see above

Outlaws - you know you're getting old when you identify with this one!

Honourable mentions: Back in the USA "the saddest story ever told is feeling safe in our suburban homes"; and One for the Razorbacks - this could fall into both categories. Sad because Juliet is crying and happy because Billie is saying I'll bring you up again now.

I'm sure I've missed something. This was so hard to narrow down.

Of course these are only my own interpretations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I think of angry Green Day songs "Take Back" is the first thing that I think of without any hesitation.

12 hours ago, Jet Taman said:

When I think of angry Green Day songs "Take Back" is the first thing that I think of without any hesitation.

I'd put platypus above that🤔

6 hours ago, The Insider said:

I'd put platypus above that🤔

Lyrics are definitely more hateful I agree, but the music and the style it is sung I think is definitely angrier sounding and I didn't see it on anybody's list which surprised me.

Archived