Jump to content
GD123

The Complete History of Green Day by Kerrang!

Recommended Posts

pacejunkie punk

😱 OMG I would even buy that if I could. Is there a way to order just a single issue that isn’t technically a back issue yet?

I hope it gets scanned at least. Sounds awesome. 

ETA: Yes! They sell single issues. I just ordered one. £5 shipped not bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
solongfromthestars

Knowing Kerrang and their previous "untold stories," I doubt they're that exclusive :P Unless they've actually interviewed them of course. Looks like we might get some new photos either way though.

 

23 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

😱 OMG I would even buy that if I could. Is there a way to order just a single issue that isn’t technically a back issue yet?

I hope it gets scanned at least. Sounds awesome. 

It looks like you can order a single issue from the Newsstand link they posted if you scroll down: newsstand.co.uk/kerrang

Otherwise eBay is probably your best bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
13 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

Knowing Kerrang and their previous "untold stories," I doubt they're that exclusive :P Unless they've actually interviewed them of course. Looks like we might get some new photos either way though.

 

It looks like you can order a single issue from the Newsstand link they posted if you scroll down: newsstand.co.uk/kerrang

Otherwise eBay is probably your best bet.

Thanks, I edited my post when I saw that. I ordered it from there.

The timing is funny. Makes me wonder if there’s some big announcement coming to go with it. And yeah, I know to manage my expectations with any magazine that claims to know stories I don’t already know, but sometimes you get surprised. The only letdown would be if it is a collection of all of their past Kerrang interviews most of which I’ve already read. But still as you say, PHOTOS! 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jane Lannister

Kerrang tends to exaggerate...BIGLY. :PBut this still exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd

I will totally be getting this, in spite of my expectations being low about there being anything new in it.  Once I get to grips with my new scanner, I will share.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione

Imagine how much more epic this would be if instead of a 9 year old photo it had current bearded Billie on the cover :P 

I still enjoy seeing them in a magazine though. It will be fun to see if there's anything we didn't already know included.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karl Karlson

Just bought it at Newsstand.co.uk :)
Hope it gets here undamaged

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stewe
2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

ETA: Yes! They sell single issues. I just ordered one. £5 shipped not bad.

Where did you live?

I'm living in Italy and I'm wonder what's the shipping cost.

It's safe to order from that site, never did it before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
21 minutes ago, Stewe said:

Where did you live?

I'm living in Italy and I'm wonder what's the shipping cost.

It's safe to order from that site, never did it before

US. The exchange rate is good right now, the total was about $6.80

Yes it’s safe, and they take Paypal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stewe
1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

US. The exchange rate is good right now, the total was about $6.80

Yes it’s safe, and they take Paypal

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeachBum

I always have scans of Kerrang usually share them within a week or two after it comes out.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_real_st_jimmy

Does anyone know how much the shipping is for a copy if you're in the US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcyMoffatt

It's funny to see on the cover that Kerrang claims to have the real story behind the lost album, while GDC recently had someone posting what he claimed to be the story behing Cigarette and Valentines. Could it be that Kerrang saw the post and is now using it as a part of a article? It wouldn't be the first time that something posted on GDC ended also in an article online.

It is also funny to see that Kerrang is giving away a poster with a picture that looks like from the 90s while many old pictures from GD has been released recently. Is Kerrang surfing on the nostalgic vide too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
27 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Does anyone know how much the shipping is for a copy if you're in the US?

My total price was £5.23 including shipping.

19 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

It's funny to see on the cover that Kerrang claims to have the real story behind the lost album, while GDC recently had someone posting what he claimed to be the story behing Cigarette and Valentines. Could it be that Kerrang saw the post and is now using it as a part of a article? It wouldn't be the first time that something posted on GDC ended also in an article online.

Oh that’s right I remember that. That would be so stupid of them I hope they didn’t fall for that nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
squashie09
28 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Does anyone know how much the shipping is for a copy if you're in the US?

Pacepunk junkie said it was less than $7 for the mag & shipping. She’s in the US. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_real_st_jimmy
18 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My total price was £5.23 including shipping.

Oh that’s right I remember that. That would be so stupid of them I hope they didn’t fall for that nonsense. 

Sweet, thanks! 🤙

18 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

Pacepunk junkie said it was less than $7 for the mag & shipping. She’s in the US. 

Thanks. I see now!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Green Day In Seattle

I love the cover photo! Funny that they went with 21CB era, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd
11 hours ago, Hermione said:

Imagine how much more epic this would be if instead of a 9 year old photo it had current bearded Billie on the cover :P 

I still enjoy seeing them in a magazine though. It will be fun to see if there's anything we didn't already know included.

I think you mean miracle but I’m a sucker for stuff like this.

Totally agree with @IcyMoffatt re the C&V point, we’ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WorryRock02

 

found this but not readable unfortunately 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaylubd

Debating whether or not I want to get this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd

Ok, this is a test as I have never had any luck with this before now.

https://imgur.com/a/yOv02Bd

Rats, they are showing in wrong order, will try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd

Thanks @Rumpelstiltskin2000 you saved me from going mad trying to get these in the right order!

Not read it all, in true Kerrang style there are some good bits and some unforgivable errors but still worth a look.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione

OK it's really cool how they have a page for each album and I love that flyer, totally getting it. Thanks for the scans!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×