The Complete History of Green Day by Kerrang!

GD123

57 minutes ago, jengd said:

unforgivable errors but still worth a look.

the part about billie's parents spliting... oofta... 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

the part about billie's parents spliting... oofta... 

Oh god it's not that bad is it? What page/scan is that on I need to see it

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Oh god it's not that bad is it? What page/scan is that on I need to see it

It's in the 2nd page of the dookie section, column 1, paragraph 3. Starts with "His songs were bulletins..."

1 minute ago, squashie09 said:

It's in the 2nd page of the dookie section, column 1, paragraph 3. Starts with "His songs were bulletins..."

Thanks very much! Yeah that's bad....don't have high hopes for reading anything new in this if it's that much of a hack job.

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Thanks very much! Yeah that's bad....don't have high hopes for reading anything new in this if it's that much of a hack job.

I'm up to Nimrod and haven't discovered anything new. It's like a "we don't have anything to cover this month and our sales are slow, so lets hype a 'new' green day story to sell covers."

They do this with My Chemical Romance as well, and it's annoying. 

3 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I'm up to Nimrod and haven't discovered anything new. It's like a "we don't have anything to cover this month and our sales are slow, so lets hype a 'new' green day story to sell covers."

They do this with My Chemical Romance as well, and it's annoying. 

I wouldn't mind if it was an accurate piece of writing and not advertised as if there's something new in it. Still kind of cool to have them featured in a magazine regularly but that does spoil it a bit.

I didin't find the part where supposed to be the 'truth about C&V'... I hope the pdf goes online so I can read and translate

So far it’s a good read. I like how they’ve broken it down by the albums. No new quotes, so that’s a little disappointing. 

4 hours ago, Alf said:

I didin't find the part where supposed to be the 'truth about C&V'... I hope the pdf goes online so I can read and translate

Must have missed that one when I first posted it. Have added it to the OP now. Adding it here also:

2Hma9h6.jpg

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Must have missed that one when I first posted it. Have added it to the OP now. Adding it here also:

tumblr_inline_pi7b6loLM21qh775n_500.jpg

Nice, Thanks!

3 hours ago, squashie09 said:

So far it’s a good read. I like how they’ve broken it down by the albums. No new quotes, so that’s a little disappointing. 

Finished it. Nothing new really. The last page "facts" is incorrect, I'm thinking. I'm pretty sure that both Jakob/Mt. Eddy and SWMRS have recorded albums or EP's at Otis. 

Also, thanks @Rumpelstiltskin2000 for posting! 

55 minutes ago, Todd said:

That was underwhelming. Glad I didn't order it. You guys will be in for a REAL treat when I finish my Green Day book 😜 

Will there be pages of excel spreadsheets?

I will upload higher quality scans in the next week and a bit.   
I always wait to allow the magazine to circulate so we are less likely to have any issues.

Archived