Possible FBHT Reunion!

Liam

43 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I think he means FBHT, not the Longshot covering them.  I think he just posted it on that account to keep it quieter and to avoid all of the "when are you getting back to Green Day?" posts that would have resulted if he posted it on the BJA account.

Or he's just teasing us.

I hope it’s the Longshot covering FBHT. The Longshot shows were so special. I honestly don’t want the circus that will probably come with a FBHT show. People will think it’s a “Green Day” show and your thoughts about why this wasn’t posted on the Billie Joe Armstrong Instagram account would translate into goons at the show (if were FBHT) saying hey when’s Green Day getting back on tour? And shouting for the band to play Longview or something. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizzard said:

I hope it’s the Longshot covering FBHT. The Longshot shows were so special. I honestly don’t want the circus that will probably come with a FBHT show. People will think it’s a “Green Day” show and your thoughts about why this wasn’t posted on the Billie Joe Armstrong Instagram account would translate into goons at the show (if were FBHT) saying hey when’s Green Day getting back on tour? And shouting for the band to play Longview or something. 

FBHT gets a surprisingly small amount of attention. It really works as a way to play small shows as the majority of people don't pick up that it's Green Day in disguise or care unless it says "Green Day". Case in point they played a ~300 capacity venue here that was announced the day before, directly after a Green Day show the same night where Billie told the 12,000 people in attendance about it, and it wasn't even full. Of course it depends on how they promote it, how they deal with tickets and how long in advance they announce it, plus I think they do get more attention in major US cities/around where they're from, but it's definitely possible to play a reasonably low key FBHT show. I think a side band with Billie as frontman and a side band with Billie as frontman + the rest of GD are a pretty equal draw.

Also FBHT shows aren't like Green Day shows at all and most of the crowd is usually FBHT fans (as a lot of regular or casual GD fans either haven't heard of them or aren't in the know/quick enough to get tickets - if they sell the tickets in a smart way at least). The atmosphere is totally different especially with Billie playing the Rev character the whole time, I don't think it's ever turned into a "play Green Day songs!" thing. FBHT shows are literally the best thing ever so I hope it is that, even just to hear about it.

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

FBHT shows are literally the best thing ever so I hope it is that, even just to hear about it.

This😍

Billie Joe's live on Instagram seems the Fbht are reunited, except Freese. 

Seems like a christmas song jam too

A list of songs appeared when live turned to 2 cameras

13 minutes ago, Doggins said:

This is embarrassing but I don't think I've ever listened to Stop Drop & Roll

I'm kind of jealous because listening to it for the first time again would be so great. It's as good as any Green Day album imo. Do it! 

1 hour ago, legendary said:

Billie Joe's live on Instagram seems the Fbht are reunited, except Freese. 

Seems like a christmas song jam too

A list of songs appeared when live turned to 2 cameras

And except Kevin. Seemed more like a GD rehearsal.

Can someone get a screenshot of the list?

I mean, they created FBHT while they were in the studio working on a GD album. So even if the rehearsing has nothing to do with it they could do both.

3 hours ago, Doggins said:

This is embarrassing but I don't think I've ever listened to Stop Drop & Roll

Listen to it. It's really good!

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can someone get a screenshot of the list?

I tried many times haha, it seemed backwards (obviously easily fixed!) so wasn't easy to read during video. I need to try again on laptop when I can go frame by frame! 

24 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I tried many times haha, it seemed backwards (obviously easily fixed!) so wasn't easy to read during video. I need to try again on laptop when I can go frame by frame! 

Thanks. I’d love to know if it’s familiar GD, FBHT songs or new unfamiliar titles.

@pacejunkie punk

Still on phone... Found this though, may be able to freeze it in the right spot... (unlike when on instagram) I think this was the right livestream

I can't make out what the board says at 1:47 of the video. It's to pixelated. Damn signal. But there's only 4 items/songs listed.

Spoiler
52 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

@pacejunkie punk

Still on phone... Found this though, may be able to freeze it in the right spot... (unlike when on instagram) I think this was the right livestream

Screenshot:

46l7Bkx.jpg

14 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Still waiting for something from THE NETWORK 😢

If they cared about honouring anniversaries/dates at all I'd hope for something in 2020. But alas they don't :( 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

If they cared about honouring anniversaries/dates at all I'd hope for something in 2020. But alas they don't :( 

Sadly I think you're right. They seem over that project, but songs like Governator, Christian's Inferno and Ashley all have a resemblance to The Network which makes me wonder why they don't seem to want to bring it back. Even though Im most likely totally wrong, I always imagined the title track to the rumored and probably fake Omega 3000 would be an early version of Christian's Inferno. Instead of "Whoa-oh, Christian's Inferno" it would be "O O, -mega 3000" :lol:

Anyone else ever wonder why Highway 1 wasn't included on Stop Drop and Roll? Such a good song! 

1 hour ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Anyone else ever wonder why Highway 1 wasn't included on Stop Drop and Roll? Such a good song! 

I heard it was a similar reason to DUI. Because they talk about driving while drunk in that song too. Totally agree though. The the song is great!

4 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I heard it was a similar reason to DUI. Because they talk about driving while drunk in that song too. Totally agree though. The the song is great!

I haven't heard of either of these songs. Where can I listen to them?

23 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I haven't heard of either of these songs. Where can I listen to them?

DUI:

Highway 1:

Hmm. Don't like DUI, but Highway 1 fucking rocks!

I don't remember anything about the drink driving theme being a problem or even discussed when the FBHT songs came out. The song Highway 1 was replaced by on the album, Broadway, is also about drink driving - "I, I polish off the bottle, I'm throwing down the throttle" :lol:

Highway 1 was on the original 6 song EP. Then they put Broadway and The Pedestrian out as extras on Myspace. Then I think when the album came out it was just a case of choosing which similarly themed song out of Highway 1 and Broadway to include in order to make it an authentic old fashioned 12 song album with 6 songs on each "side" and they happened to pick Broadway.

Archived