Possible FBHT Reunion!

Liam

aaaaah! Last time around, Green Day released an album a little over a year afterward, so.....we are getting close. 

but back to the Tubbies - Hands down the most entertaining of the side projects, and I adore the others! 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tdlyon said:

Pinhead Gunpowder is best

Pinhead Gunpowder is most punk

FBHT is most fun

Network is most weird

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Pinhead Gunpowder is most punk

FBHT is most fun

Network is most weird

And Longshot is most sexy 💕

FBHT is the best... If you think otherwise... Your opinion is wrong

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And Longshot is most sexy 💕

Sexier than the Rev?  Really, is there anything sexier.  Just look at @Montclare‘s post above 😍😍😍

6 minutes ago, jengd said:

Sexier than the Rev?  Really, is there anything sexier.  Just look at @Montclare‘s post above 😍😍😍

Both bands feature Billie and Kevin so the competition is close :D. But I'm with you, nothing beats the Rev. Baby girl baby girl!

I like Pinhead Gunpowder, but it's not as near and dear to me because most of the songs aren't written by Billie. Still great, though! And the songs that he does right are fantastic of course.

FBHT is definitely my favorite of the side projects.

Yeah I don't really think of PHGP as a Green Day side project, since it's Aaron's songs you can't really compare it to the others. I love it as much as them because I love Aaron's lyrics but I think of it in a different category.

I can't believe how happy it makes me just for Billie to continue to acknowledge FBHT (rather than it being forgotten as an old and over with project). Puts me in the mood for listening to Stop Drop and Roll. But it still better not just be a tease :P 

4 hours ago, Q-Man said:

Longshot > FBHT

Wrong opinion detected

Can Longshot really be considered a "Green Day side project" when it's just Billie? The others I get because all three of them are involved, but Longshot I consider a Billie solo project not a band project.

9 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

Can Longshot really be considered a "Green Day side project" when it's just Billie? The others I get because all three of them are involved, but Longshot I consider a Billie solo project not a band project.

You could argue it's just as much as Pinhead Gunpowder.  That has Billie and Jason, and the Longshot has Billie and Jeff.

Billie is the frontman of The Longshot though whereas he's not really for Pinhead Gunpowder.

5 hours ago, squashie09 said:

It just depends on the way you look at it tbh. Personally, I do consider The Longshot a GD side project, but I also consider The Frustrators/Dead Mermaids/Bubu & the Brood etc as GD side projects too because, to me, if it includes at least one member of GD then it's a GD side project.

If they make new music, I hope they heavily emphasize the organ. Even more so than on Stop, Drop and Roll!!! It's something that was missing if DOS truly was their second album.

Maybe I'm just old, but the surprise and subsequent mystery and speculation about The Network were pretty unprecedented and it was a super fun time to be a fan. And we were all kind of guessing at the time as there was no social media information available. And Network immediately preceded American Idiot, so that was cool too. I love all the projects, but the originality and complete randomness of the Network project was truly something special.

Longshot is like slick and pretty sexy. FBHT is like dirty and fun sexy. Both are good but is apples and oranges or Billies and Kevins. As long as it’s those two are in the band it’s going to be a hot looking band. Haha. Yes, it’s come to this.... I felt the need to chime in on the hotness/ sexiness of the Longshot vs. FBHT 😆 

31 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizzard said:

Longshot is like slick and pretty sexy. FBHT is like dirty and fun sexy. Both are good but is apples and oranges or Billies and Kevins. As long as it’s those two art in the band it’s going to be a hot looking band. Haha. Yes, it’s come to this.... I felt the need to chime in on the hotness/ sexiness of the Longshot vs. FBHT 😆 

Wait, so is Kevin the slick and pretty sexy and Billie the dirty and fun sexy? 

6 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Wait, so is Kevin the slick and pretty sexy and Billie the dirty and fun sexy? 

No haha. The parts they play. Both are dirty and fun sexy in FBHT and both are slick and pretty sexy in the Longshot.

But! In really real life of they’re not being the Reverend Strychnine Twich etc and they were just themselves looking and acting normal I’d say your theory is closer to correct. Kevin is the pretty and slick sexy and Billie Joe is the dirty and fun sexy haha.

8 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Billie is the frontman of The Longshot though whereas he's not really for Pinhead Gunpowder.

And writes the songs, that's what makes the difference for me.

8 hours ago, Hermione said:

And writes the songs, that's what makes the difference for me.

The songwriting is the key. I think anything where Billie writes the songs and fronts the band is a Green Day side project. You can see the continued narrative of Green Day through the “side projects”. It’s so beautifully Billie Joe. I didn’t link this before but now it’s linking pretty obviously. The tease about the Longshot playing FBHT songs is a screen shot of She’s a Saint Not a Celebrity. Story line from Gloria being a lost saint sinner and the saint sinner of Mother Mary and SASNAC can fit together. “Marie, come out tonight You can be my Valentine” looking for a valentine echos Love is for Losers “long lost Valentine”  and “Marie, would you drink my wine? We can live on stolen time” echos Stay the Night and the urgency of “running out of time” and then that goes back to the other discussions of having Stay the Night, Fell for You and Wild One on the set lists. I would guess that Gloria from 21CB, Mother Mary from FBHT and the Ghost from the Longshot are all the same sort of character/metaphor. Hence, the Longshot and FBHT can definitely be considered Green Day side projects. That’s my theory on FBHT maybe being covered by the Longshot even though the music is different. Longshot = slick and pretty and heartbreaking but the FBHT = dirty and fun. Can they be mixed? Do you guys think he meant rehearsal as a FBHT reunion or is the Longshot going to cover FBHT like they covered Green Day? Or is he being a big tease like last year when he posted something similar? 

I think he means FBHT, not the Longshot covering them.  I think he just posted it on that account to keep it quieter and to avoid all of the "when are you getting back to Green Day?" posts that would have resulted if he posted it on the BJA account.

Or he's just teasing us.

Archived