Toronto Fans - Where are you??

Tina Sixx

Hey. I'm new to the GDC. I'm new to posting anyway. I am unaware of the rules. How do you start a club in the forum? Can you do that? I want to start a Toronto Green Day Fan Club and maybe even get organized enough to meet in real life and have fun meetups. 

7 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Almost all clubs have been deleted a couple days ago so you can't start one but you could start a normal thread.

Cool! Thanks. So it's just a matter of meeting new people on this board and if they are interested in this idea. *cricket, cricket* 

I have my core people in real life but I was hoping to meet others. All my other people for the most part don't participate on this board. Well, if anyone is interested I actually am a real person and I do throw crazy parties and I am a nut and i am a huge nerd but my friends and I do a lot of cool stuff in Toronto.

I did this ohhhhhh myyyyyy gawdddddddddd.... Please note: it was not a Green Day theme bar. It did not scream Green Day unless you were actually a fan. And then it did. But it was kinda secret. It was an actual living breathing place that a created a new little scene but had the typical sad end that seems to be affecting most cool live music and underground culture places. This was a cool place. And yes I am a crazy person. But all heart haha.

https://www.blogto.com/bars/stop-drop-roll-toronto/

Anyway. I still play in a band, run a 'zine and throw parties. If anyone in the GDC is from Toronto feels like something new and interesting and important and fun feel free to contact me. And a bunch of my friends are big Green Day fans too. That's about it! Have a nice day :) 

On 11/2/2018 at 2:59 PM, Jane Lannister said:

Wait, what happened - is the Green Day bar gone?

Stop, Drop & Roll in Toronto is gone (for now). I'll see what I can do. I still get messages from people saying how much they miss it. I miss it too :( 

4 hours ago, Tina Sixx said:

Stop, Drop & Roll in Toronto is gone (for now). I'll see what I can do. I still get messages from people saying how much they miss it. I miss it too :( 

Sorry about that :( I hope you can get it back! 

I don’t live in Toronto but I went over last October for a convention - and the year before that 😁 lovely city. 

On 11/5/2018 at 12:38 AM, Jane Lannister said:

Sorry about that :( I hope you can get it back! 

Thank you :)

• 5 months later...

Hey Toronto fans!

I have a 'zine called Crapnation that I produce with two of my best friends and our goal is to promote live music, independent art and performance and spread positivity while supporting Toronto's independent live music venues. I might have very unfortunately lost Stop, Drop & Roll and it breaks my heart every day but I still love my city and want the independent communities producing art and music to thrive. I am trying my best to participate and support all of this.

Saturday, May 18th at the Cadillac Lounge in Toronto we are having our two year anniversary and launching Crapnation #12 with live performances from five great independent punk rock bands (Blood Opera, Rehab for Quitters, the Beta 58s, Artificial Dissemination and the Mustard Junkies) doors are at 8pm, it's $10 to get in to see five great bands and a copy of the 'zine is included with admission while quantities last.

If anyone sees this post and wants to support live and independent music in our city or anyone visiting Toronto the weekend of May 18th I'd like to invite you to this:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2364750917103326/

Anddddd the idea and name Crapnation was concocted by a teenage girl (me) and yes it's a Dookie reference. I thought of this idea and it took almost 20 years to make it happen but it happened! This is not a Green Day fanzine (although ya there's some stuff about the Longshot and GD sometimes) just like Stop, Drop & Roll wasn't a Foxboro Hot Tubs or GD theme bar. It was the feels and the feelings and you needed to know to actually know. 

Archived