Fuzz

The Great Merging

squashie09
4 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

I don't have a problem with this, just not sure how it is going to accomplish what it is supposed to accomplish. It just seems to me it will make things more disorganized and confusing. 

This...

I understand the GD pictures thread was not very active, but over the last week there were quite a few instagram posts that probably should have been in the pictures forum instead of the "GD instagram" thread because they weren't posted by the band or people affiliated with the band.

There's already people making new thread for things that already exist (mostly new members) that I can imagine new picture thread popping up or the GD insta one getting spammed with non-band posted content.

BeachBum
5 hours ago, o_O said:

i put my art/edits on my blog anymore anyways. 

this is the other reason I don't see art stuff.  the hidden land of blogs.

fukingcounterstrike
6 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

this is the other reason I don't see art stuff.  the hidden land of blogs.

Just look through blogs ya silly :P 

Liam
On 10/29/2018 at 7:23 AM, Billie Hoe said:

did all the mods agree on this?

It happened the same day I got removed from the team and as far as I'm aware it wasn't even discussed before it was done

BeachBum
3 minutes ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

Just look through blogs ya silly :P 

That requires me to remember we have blogs...  which really only happens when GDC uses it's blog

fukingcounterstrike
1 minute ago, BeachBum said:

That requires me to remember we have blogs...  which really only happens when GDC uses it's blog

I can always remind you :D 

BeachBum
13 minutes ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

I can always remind you :D 

you would have to remember... :P 

fukingcounterstrike
4 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

you would have to remember... :P 

That's a good point, but I can do that :happy: 

BeachBum
1 minute ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

That's a good point, but I can do that :happy: 

Yeah I am calling BS.

fukingcounterstrike
15 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

Yeah I am calling BS.

Oh well, i plan on pleasantly surprising you :D 

Fuzz
On 10/28/2018 at 3:23 PM, Billie Hoe said:

did all the mods agree on this?

I proposed changes to the admins, these are the ones we agreed on. I know that if I had proposed them to the mod team, there would have been little consensus about everything, and these are changes that I think need to happen. So I made a list of suggestions to the admins, we talked about them, tweaked some stuff, then let people know what was going to happen. 

5 hours ago, squashie09 said:

This...

I understand the GD pictures thread was not very active, but over the last week there were quite a few instagram posts that probably should have been in the pictures forum instead of the "GD instagram" thread because they weren't posted by the band or people affiliated with the band.

I'm not 100% clear how this is affected one way or the other by the changes made. 

5 hours ago, squashie09 said:

There's already people making new thread for things that already exist (mostly new members) that I can imagine new picture thread popping up or the GD insta one getting spammed with non-band posted content.

It's possible, but that's why we moderate the forum. In the end, I'd rather have new members posting stuff in the wrong place than not having them posting it at all. We can tell people where stuff should go, then in the future, they tell people where stuff should go. 

Green Day In Seattle

What about pinning the main picture threads (Billie, Mike, Tré, and GD) so that they won't get lost among all the other general GD chat threads? It's fun to go back and look at all the pictures from a long time ago in those threads, so it would be nice to have them handy for whenever.

WhiteTim
29 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

What about pinning the main picture threads (Billie, Mike, Tré, and GD) so that they won't get lost among all the other general GD chat threads? It's fun to go back and look at all the pictures from a long time ago in those threads, so it would be nice to have them handy for whenever.

Just use the search for those 

Green Day In Seattle
47 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Just use the search for those 

But I hate the search on this forum. It annoying to use.

Amanda

1zgesnr.jpg

Hermione

I'm thinking add more tags. Pictures tag, other artists tag, art (like, member's art) tag

BeachBum
1 hour ago, Amanda said:

Spoiler

1zgesnr.jpg

ha I have a ton of conclusions to this.  None of them very positive though... 

Joe.

I think the Other Artists forum is gradually going to get lost, threads like What Are You Listening To Right Now were ‘fairly’ active but will get lost in more popular general chat threads

Amanda
1 minute ago, BeachBum said:

ha I have a ton of conclusions to this.  Not overly positive though...

The possibilities will be endless when I finish building my TARDIS, love.

BeachBum

Really missing those merged sections on the index page.  It was exciting to see some of the naturally slower threads pop up on the index page.  It was like oooo Matt posted new art better check it out.  It will be a rarity to see those threads on the index page now.

17 minutes ago, Amanda said:

The possibilities will be endless when I finish building my TARDIS, love.

haha 

Libertine Angel
14 hours ago, Fuzz said:

It's possible, but that's why we moderate the forum. In the end, I'd rather have new members posting stuff in the wrong place than not having them posting it at all. We can tell people where stuff should go, then in the future, they tell people where stuff should go. 

Why would they not have posted it at all under the previous arrangement? Surely the way it was they'd have been more likely to post because they can clearly see there's a space for it, instead of thinking "I don't know where this goes, I could make a guess or just not bother"? 

Beerjeezus

I wonder if anyone ever remembers to post in any of these threads (except for artists updating their art) when they're buried in general chat. They weren't very active in the first place and I can't imagine someone will bother to use the search to find them when almost anything can be thrown in Random Thoughts. :P

Amanda
2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I wonder if anyone ever remembers to post in any of these threads (except for artists updating their art) when they're buried in general chat. They weren't very active in the first place and I can't imagine someone will bother to use the search to find them when almost anything can be thrown in Random Thoughts. :P

If it all goes to shit, blame Andres. That's been my mantra for more years than I care to remember.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fuzz
5 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

There’s the problem. 

9 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

Why would they not have posted it at all under the previous arrangement? Surely the way it was they'd have been more likely to post because they can clearly see there's a space for it, instead of thinking "I don't know where this goes, I could make a guess or just not bother"? 

You can look at our bounce rate and see how many people hit a thread, then one other page, then leave and don’t return. That happens when people follow something they might be interested in, then look for more, don’t see anything, and leave. 

When i join a forum, or hell, even a subreddit, I browse around to see what other type of stuff they have  if they have 16 subforums, I’m not going to bother