Fuzz

The Great Merging

WhiteTim

I hate the other artist in the general chat section or at least make it in a sub section in general chat... 

• Like 1

lizziebix
4 minutes ago, o_O said:

we should continue!

The club's been moved and tagged with Clubs.  We can continue on!

• Love 1

Fuzz
1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

I hate the other artist in the general chat section or at least make it in a sub section in general chat... 

So that the 6 topics that were actually active can be on their own?

fukingcounterstrike
35 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Not elite, only need to be here a year.  Whether you post a lot or not at all.  One year and you can post in that thread.

That's kinda elite, no? 

Beerjeezus

Anyone interested in keeping Feminists Club?

• Like 1

WhiteTim
8 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

So that the 6 topics that were actually active can be on their own?

I always saw a whole page full of new replies and I checked that section out everyday 

Fuzz
1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

I always saw a whole page full of new replies and I checked that section out everyday 

The first page went back to before summer when I reviewed it over the weekend.

Emilie
1 hour ago, The Insider said:

I like Regulars Club.

I also like the Downunder Club.  We don't post a lot in there but its helpful about other things not related to GD especially since the 4 posters are all from BrisVegas. @Liam @Emilie @Doggins 

I also like posting in Over 30's Club from time to time.

Yesss can we please keep Regulars and Down Under? The Australian club is still pretty active 

4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I would be, just for the purpose of being able to post when I have something to talk about :L honestly I forgot it was there. But also if it’s inactive would it be easier to just create a new thread whenever someone wants to post again?

WhiteTim
1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

The first page went back to before summer when I reviewed it over the weekend.

Then why not just get rid of it altogether? To me it just makes more sense to either keep the sections or get rid of them altogether why not put the advice forum in general chat too since we’re including the group section now too since I’m assuming the group section probably has the same amount of activity (I never checked that section so can’t speak on how active it is) but that’s just me nitpicking since I hate changes 

Fuzz
10 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Then why not just get rid of it altogether? To me it just makes more sense to either keep the sections or get rid of them altogether why not put the advice forum in general chat too since we’re including the group section now too since I’m assuming the group section probably has the same amount of activity (I never checked that section so can’t speak on how active it is) but that’s just me nitpicking since I hate changes 

I didn't want to get rid of the content. I think there's value in people having dedicated places to talking about bands. I just don't think it's busy enough to be it's on subforum. 

Advice stays separate because we don't want that visible or browsable by guests or brand new members because of the sensitive stuff in there. 

AlissaGoesRAWR
43 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I would like to if others are still interested.

WhiteTim
1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

I didn't want to get rid of the content. I think there's value in people having dedicated places to talking about bands. I just don't think it's busy enough to be it's on subforum. 

Advice stays separate because we don't want that visible or browsable by guests or brand new members because of the sensitive stuff in there. 

I’ll give it a few days to get used to it but just out of curiosity how much would I need to donate to get the artist subforum back? 

• Haha 2

Fuzz
1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

I’ll give it a few days to get used to it but just out of curiosity how much would I need to donate to get the artist subforum back? 

Not a monetary decision. We need to bring things together so that the forum can start growing again. That’s worth more in the long term than a donation. 

• Love 1

WhiteTim
9 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Not a monetary decision. We need to bring things together so that the forum can start growing again. That’s worth more in the long term than a donation. 

But I’m not talking a mere 5 dollar donation  don’t you want that nice 2019 Benz or Lexus? 😂😂

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Not if I have anything to do with it. 

So someone else forgot the bill and lost the site the other month :whistle

3 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yep, not very active but it's nice to have it.

Hermione

For me with Other Artists there's only a few artists whose threads I follow and I know exactly which ones they are (and that's similar for most people no?). I don't need to see every thread of every artist every time I visit GDC. So it won't be much trouble to find the ones I want in General Chat instead, any that have conversation going on/recent news posted will be near the top anyway.

BeachBum

eh...  undecided.  I already had a hard time remembering brink when it got shoved to the bottom of the index page... sorry music and art makers but now I not going to remember I should check though unrelated stuff I don’t really care about to see your stuff/ post my own stuff.

Amanda

What fun we had back in the halcyon days of GD/General Chat, blink and refresh and an entire page of new threads would appear.

Suggestion: new/active thread links on the index page, please and thank you.

12 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

But I’m not talking a mere 5 dollar donation  don’t you want that nice 2019 Benz or Lexus? 😂😂

Dear Tim, please behave and donate your surplus dosh to the cat charity.

AlissaGoesRAWR
17 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

did all the mods agree on this?

No.

• Like 2

WhiteTim
1 hour ago, Amanda said:

What fun we had back in the halcyon days of GD/General Chat, blink and refresh and an entire page of new threads would appear.

Suggestion: new/active thread links on the index page, please and thank you.

Dear Tim, please behave and donate your surplus dosh to the cat charity.

I didn’t realize me joking was not behaving 

Amanda
1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

I didn’t realize me joking was not behaving 

I didn't realise me suggesting you giving your spare dosh to the cats charity was going to be taken seriously. I'll message you their details ❤️

2nhhm4n.jpg

BeachBum
21 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

did all the mods agree on this?

No.

Amanda

Val and Al say no. 

2emnd5x.jpg

o_O
11 hours ago, Hermione said:

For me with Other Artists there's only a few artists whose threads I follow and I know exactly which ones they are (and that's similar for most people no?). I don't need to see every thread of every artist every time I visit GDC. So it won't be much trouble to find the ones I want in General Chat instead, any that have conversation going on/recent news posted will be near the top anyway.

i put my art/edits on my blog anymore anyways.