Junkyard Triumph opening in December for “someone kinda famous”?

pacejunkie punk

So this is pretty wild speculation but here me out. Billie’s brother Alan is in a band called Junkyard Triumph.  They are on Instagram here:

https://instagram.com/junkyardtriumph?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=t8vohfk8gsti

They’ve been teasing a show for a while that they seem to be preparing for. Anyway, a guy who plays with them just posted this in a comment to the page of the actor Ming Na Wen (see first comment by brilliance_laboratories)

He says that Junkyard Triumph are opening for someone “kind of famous” in December and he’s not allowed to say who because the small venue might get mobbed.  JT liked the comment.

So if I’m wondering on who we know that’s kind of famous and likes to pop up in small venues in the East Bay and who would support a brother in a band and share a show I can only really think of one person. 

Is it a stretch or if you are a betting person are you making plans to head to Oakland in December?  We should probably keep a watch on this. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about going to Oakland in December anyways, but it was completely unrelated to Green Day. So this better not be Green Day related, cause I won't have time for it. 

Could that be why Billie has reactivated the Longshot account?  The new guitars post with the Longshot hashtag?  Also, Prima Donna are going to be in Europe but their last show is December 12th in Germany......

10 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Could that be why Billie has reactivated the Longshot account?  The new guitars post with the Longshot hashtag?  Also, Prima Donna are going to be in Europe but their last show is December 12th in Germany......

It would make sense for Longshot or the Coverups to play some more shows if Green Day are having a break. 

I’m not sure what to think of this. Is he being sarcastic when he says someone “kind of famous”, meaning it’s actually someone very famous? Or is it actually a band that’s only kind of famous? It is hard to imagine a non-Green Day related band having an impromptu dad band open up for them. But who knows. I would bet Longshot or Coverups. Or maybe they’ll hit us with a FBHT show. I can’t imagine it would be a Green Day show. 

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

I’m not sure what to think of this. Is he being sarcastic when he says someone “kind of famous”, meaning it’s actually someone very famous? Or is it actually a band that’s only kind of famous? It is hard to imagine a non-Green Day related band having an impromptu dad band open up for them. But who knows. I would bet Longshot or Coverups. Or maybe they’ll hit us with a FBHT show. I can’t imagine it would be a Green Day show. 

Well he said the small venue would be mobbed so I think kind of famous is an intentional understatement and maybe a nod to the fact that it’s a side band and not the guy’s main gig. Also baby Cool is due to arrive in December so I don’t see Tre making any commitments.  That tells me not Green Day. 

So that leaves either Coverups or Longshot. Considering the dad band nature of Junkyard, Coverups would match well. 

5 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I’m with @pacejunkie punk on this, he was understating and I would go with Coverups, guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Credit to @gaslight13 for bringing this to my attention. Looks like Dec 19 for the Junkyard Triumph show.  (See edit note)

Edit: better photo here. Show in red is the 19th:

1 minute ago, jengd said:

@pacejunkie punk - you could be spot on here, he did say “rehearsing” as opposed to just jamming so maybe.

Yeah see the second photo I posted which is better — “no pressure” it says. They are counting down to a big show.

🤔🤔🤔🤔 ya but isn’t Kevin on tour with Prima Donna. When would be rehearse? How? I like this mystery of the Hot Tubs. Intriguing!

P.S. @pacejunkie punk Love your awesome detective work ❤️ This is fun!

@pacejunkie punk can solve any mystery. 

37 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizzard said:

🤔🤔🤔🤔 ya but isn’t Kevin on tour with Prima Donna. When would be rehearse?

I’m thinking they’ll do a lot of rehearsing without him but he’ll be back from tour well before the show and can catch up.

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

@pacejunkie punk can solve any mystery. 

I’m thinking they’ll do a lot of rehearsing without him but he’ll be back from tour well before the show and can catch up.

I like this!!!!

3 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizzard said:

🤔🤔🤔🤔 ya but isn’t Kevin on tour with Prima Donna. When would be rehearse? How? I like this mystery of the Hot Tubs. Intriguing!

P.S. @pacejunkie punk Love your awesome detective work ❤️ This is fun!

Their tour doesn't start till the 18th so FBHT could sneak in a couple rehearsals before he leaves. 

Junkyard Triumph Is following @longshot account but not @greenday ... i think they'll open for Longshot

🤔

Edit: and not following @the___coverups 

2 minutes ago, 19GreenAngel91 said:

Junkyard Triumph Is following @longshot account but not @greenday... i think they'll open for Longshot 🤔

Sounds promising! Really Jonsing for another Longshot tour... I hope your theory is correct! 

Archived