New fan w/ multiple questions

AndrewUnknown

Hi, 

I'm new here. I'm a younger teen and have grown up with Green Day from my father who got into them from Kerplunk, but I have gotten into them recently. They helped me get into rock, and Billie inspired me to pick up the guitar, along with my other idol David Gilmour. Ok, so I've heard rumors of a possible tour for the 25th anniversary of Dookie. I was wondering if there is any meat behind that. Also, for someone my age, how appropriate would the pit be? Thanks in advance!

Hi! It's great to see new fans getting into Green Day :D

At this point any tour rumours are just rumours. We've seen them rehearsing Dookie, so a tour isn't impossible, but no one can say for sure how likely it is. Personally I'd say it probably won't happen.

Green Day crowds aren't the roughest out there, especially in the US, so parts of the pit would definitely be appropriate for you. Off centre on the front row should be fine. 2-5 rows back around the centre can be pretty rough. Sometimes it's totally chill, but if you're worried, it's best to stand to the side or further back. I wouldn't recommend the actual mosh pit unless that's specifically where you want to be and you're fit enough to take part.

Thanks for you info. Despite them just being a kickass band and wanting to be as close as possible, me and my band kinda want to try to pull the thing that this kid did. I know it's a hella long shot but we kinda want to be close so we have a sliver of a chance of being noticed. And what do describe as rough. Are they actually slam dancing?

1 hour ago, AndrewUnknown said:

Thanks for you info. Despite them just being a kickass band and wanting to be as close as possible, me and my band kinda want to try to pull the thing that this kid did. I know it's a hella long shot but we kinda want to be close so we have a sliver of a chance of being noticed. And what do describe as rough. Are they actually slam dancing?

Generally people aren't slam dancing in the first 10 rows or so. You'll most likely get crushed and take some elbows/knees though. If you stand off centre, whether front row or further back, the crush will be much less intense. If I was taking someone like you described yourself in your other thread, I'd take them in the pit, but at the sides. It's still a great view and Billie will be able to see you.

I've marked the parts that would definitely be safe for you here. You can actually see mosh pits (slam dancing) starting in this screenshot after the first 10-20 rows. So if you wanted to avoid that and be close enough to get onstage, you'd need to be either closer or further to the side. Mike's side (right) is usually rougher than Jason's (left), which is why I've left a bigger gap between the centre and the safe area.

Q9IMu2n.jpg

Im a short arse but if you are prepared to wait & get to the front there is no better experience - you feel part of the band - this feeling far outweighs the pain - which you fill feel the next day.  

What do you think chances would be to get on stage like in the videos if I was upfront and had a giant sign. Far fetched but it would be awesome

42 minutes ago, AndrewUnknown said:

What do you think chances would be to get on stage like in the videos if I was upfront and had a giant sign. Far fetched but it would be awesome

It’s random but there seem to be some patterns I’ve noticed. He tends to pick people that stand out quickly so young kids, crazy hats or pink hair often works. I’ve seen him say “if you have a sign I will not pick you” so I’m not sure if that helps or hurts. 

GD pits are tame. It's just a lot of crushing up front and center plus  elbows and glares from dudes protecting their girlfriends. I agree with @pacejunkie punk about getting noticed. I haven't seen much in the way of signs helping, apart from one guy who had a sign that said he could play "She". He pulled that guy up in LA. Billie had trouble reading it though so I'm not sure he can see them all that well at a distance anyway.  

2 hours ago, AndrewUnknown said:

Its happen to plenty from here but its really just luck on the night.  Good luck - hope  you get a concert soon.

Thanks all of you

8 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

GD pits are tame. It's just a lot of crushing up front and center plus  elbows and glares from dudes protecting their girlfriends. I agree with @pacejunkie punk about getting noticed. I haven't seen much in the way of signs helping, apart from one guy who had a sign that said he could play "She". He pulled that guy up in LA. Billie had trouble reading it though so I'm not sure he can see them all that well at a distance anyway.  

For a someone my age, I’ve heard much worse in school than in any of Green Day’s music. 

So signs seem to hurt more than help, but videos show their effect in action. Double-bladed sword. I look really young for my age (I’m 2 months to 14 but still look 12). Lol guess ima dye my hair pink when they go back on tour. Thanks guys

Archived