Hermione

GDC Awards 2018 - The Results

Brooklyn Baby
1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

Also, have you guys looked at the "sex advice thread"?   I read that a couple times and was pretty amazed at some of the shit said in there.   

agree with this, I will also never forget CERTAIN members posting their gross masturbation escapades in excruciating detail :sick:

• Haha 2

WhiteTim
1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

You're pretty much my favorite brah and I don't remember you ever sucking so improving on greatness is pretty sweet.

Oh I used to debate people in here and when I debate I can get heated and just insult people or if I took something the wrong way I’d explode not really my finest moments just one of the things if I could go back and change I would but can’t so now if I do get in a debate on here I do my best to just debate think about posting shit before I post to avoid tempers 

• Like 1

The Insider

This is a bit of light hearted fun not the Oscars😋

LaughingClock
On 10/25/2018 at 3:14 PM, The Insider said:

This is a bit of light hearted fun not the Oscars😋

So it's actually important then?

There are so many things that I don't understand
There's a world within in me that I cannot explain
Many rooms to explore but the doors look the same
I am lost I can't even remember my name

I've been for sometime, looking for someone
I need to know now, please tell me who I am
I've been for sometime, looking for someone
I need to know now, please tell me who I am

By the way, for the people that don't read my posts because "it's too long and it wasn't worth it", those posts aren't for you.  Those are for people that care about things other than just Green Day in life.  I am a philosopher and a deep thinker as A LOT of you are here but usually only when it comes to Green Day lyrics. My favorite time to be on this forum is when a new album drops and everyone all of a sudden gets real and smart and starts breaking down lyrics and that's also when my long winded posts don't seem to bother people as much.

So after much thought, I have decided I am happy with the awards that I have received because everything I wrote in the Insty thread was for people that I care about, and for people that don't care about that I care about them, that's okay too.  And I am not thumping my chest when I said "I can call him" (frankly I wasn't even thinking of that until BB said what she said and I knew that I was going to get the "who cares" from the people that like to act cool when YOU ALL FUCKING CARE at the shows, lol) and I am not the one that said "lick his asshole because..". I am sorry that facts are facts and if TMI is TMI and I am an Idiot award comes to me because I care about some of you fuckers, then I am okay with that and I am not trying to be the man, I just am. ;)

No, seriously, at this point, I think the forum knows that I am just a promoter and producer of concert events and have been since I was 16 really and now I have been doing tiny shows to large festivals with my company for longer than most of you have been alive and I am not AT ALL ever bothered when I get shit for what I write here because I realize that this isn't life but I am going to give you guys the info I want to go live your fucking lives.

I want nothing but the best for all of you, even the people that don't like me because nobody that knows me here, doesn't like me.  I like to think of myself as a humble person and not a self promoter so it's hard for me to pat myself on the back but I take pride on being a good person to everyone regardless, of creed, country, religion, color, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us all different.

If we were not all different, it would be a pretty fucking boring world.  The day I win the "most normal" award, please but a bullet through my head and make it land in a bible.

The Insider

@LaughingClock don't take this personally but I don't read posts that are any longer than about 2 or 3 sentences.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hermione
3 hours ago, The Insider said:

@LaughingClock don't take this personally but I don't read posts that are any longer than about 2 or 3 sentences.

Let's not try to wind people up please, it would be nice to avoid arguments in this thread.

LaughingClock
10 hours ago, The Insider said:

Don’t take this personally but I don’t write posts for people like you then or for people that it makes a difference that care about two or three sentences. The difference for me to read two or three sentences vs an essay is about 40 seconds. I realize you have to get to your next post but you took time to write a post about something you DONT do, twice now and I am purposefully writing this longer than 3 sentences because as you obviously and unsuccessfully like to try and be cute and funny I am writing this long so you can say you didn’t read it when you know you did because you were quoted.

In closing, if you don’t read things that aren’t 3 sentences, you won’t learn, you will be without wisdom.

Dont take it personally though. 

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

Let's not try to wind people up please, it would be nice to avoid arguments in this thread.

Sorry, erase my last post if ya like. FTR, I was not wound up at all. I actually had a smile on my face and still do.

Hermione
46 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Sorry, erase my last post if ya like. FTR, I was not wound up at all. I actually had a smile on my face and still do.

Yeah it just isn't necessary for anyone to try and wind anyone up here (whether they succeed or not) so putting a stop to it

Hopefully this is now over

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LaughingClock

^^^I honestly care about none of it. Lol. I appreciate your help and advice though. Anyway, happy to receive the awards.

*Edit: also I truly write posts with exact people in mind and those people respond in kind and kindly. I don’t honestly even care one bit if someone doesn’t want to read my posts about Eighth Grade, the movie, but it was for the people that could benefit from it. Believe it or not, I understand that there are young kids at my shows, that read these posts and I have a conscious as an adult and when I see kids doing mass amount of drugs at my events (there are usually a minimum of 3-20) drug related EMT incidents at any event with over 5000 people and it sometimes makes me reevaluate my life so if I post something that reaches a few and is not read by some, I am cool with that.

If I post, I usually do it for a reason. I am sorry if I’m seemingly preachy but that is where it comes from and I am okay with the people that don’t read it or think it’s too long but ironically those are the people that should have read it in the first place.

If you guys truly knew my heart, you would know that I actually care about each and every one of you, regardless of how you feel about me because I am older and truly care about you guys, every fucking one.

Again, when breaking down lyrics to songs is when I get the love (or when I deliver info, which I’ve stopped doing pretty much but I think my record stands for itself that I don’t talk shit). I came here in 09 as a Goldenvoice promoting mole and have stayed as a fan and enjoy talking Green Day with the only people on the planet that are as fanatical about them as me.

So yeah, that stuff. 

The Insider

@LaughingClock you quoted me😁

LaughingClock
8 hours ago, ¡Jenn! said:

It's not preachy, it's patronising. Not everyone on this forum is younger than you. And not everyone is desperate for inside info about the band that you dangle in front of us in every post. Most people just take good news directly from the band as it comes and are totally content with that. 

And for someone who doesn't care about being a Drama Queen, you sure are being...dramatic. 😛 

I am?

17 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

See this is why you got those awards. You're being passive aggressive about strangers because they're younger and didn't agree with some posts on a forum. No one saying they didn't care was trying to be cool. Caring about Green Day shows has no relation to someone claiming they can call Billie Joe Armstrong for info that's actually none of our business. Nor does being uninterested in your posts mean they're only deep thinkers when it comes to Green Day.

I'm honestly not trying to be mean or start an argument. I don't agree with people attacking you anonymously. But this "people half my age who only care about Green Day and the internet" thing is getting a bit old. pls stop.

edit: sorry Hermione, pressed post before I saw your last post! I'll remove it if it's too much

When did I do that? What the fuck are you guys talking about? Please give me some of shit you smoke. I didn’t claim that. I said that in a post that I was making about the dangers of children and social media why recommending a fucking movie. I can’t help that you guys look at shit however you do, the reality is just the reality and I was recommending a movie and I reiterate, you should all watch Eighth Grade. It is a great coming of age movie for the Instagram generation.  All the rest of the stuff surrounding my recommendation is PURE drama fabricated out of thin air derived from that post. And yes I dangle info and sometimes I give info, if you don’t care then don’t care, why claim it? It’s weird to me. Some people care, and I mean a lot! So whatever floats your boat but the movie is fucking good!

Also, I really don’t care about any of it. Including the awards.  I do love all you guys for real though. Even the assholes because you just don’t realize you are and “you” is not any person.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:45 AM, WhiteTim said:

Oh I used to debate people in here

I’m beginning to see why. I’m thinking about starting but I would just dissapear first. This place was getting on my nerves and I took a break for about a month but my return has been unceremonious.

DeJennsitized
58 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

if you don’t care then don’t care, why claim it? It’s weird to me.

Also, I really don’t care about any of it. Including the awards. 

🤔

• Haha 2

The Insider
On 27 October 2018 at 5:37 PM, Hermione said:

I saw your post second - sorry - I have made this comment in multiple threads over the years - I simply have no interested in reading long posts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brooklyn Baby

i agree that social media is dangerous for youngsters. I nominate GDC for the "Most Dangerous Social Media Community" Award. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

DeJennsitized
20 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

i agree that social media is dangerous for youngsters. I nominate GDC for the "Most Dangerous Social Media Community" Award. 

GDC's about as dangerous as Tre's missing testicle. We're just a bunch of GD nerds that are occasionally assholes, that's all

• Like 1

Bully Hoe
On 10/21/2018 at 7:26 AM, Hermione said:

Fabulous banners for all winners and runners-up coming soon!

a3f157f62d162965f69386834512822813fbb356

• Haha 3

LaughingClock
11 hours ago, ¡Jenn! said:

GDC's about as dangerous as Tre's missing testicle. We're just a bunch of GD nerds that are occasionally assholes, that's all

“Occasionally” is a generous adverb.

11 hours ago, ¡Jenn! said:

Hermione
10 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

High quality banners take time :P

• Like 1

BeachBum
5 hours ago, Hermione said:

High quality banners take time :P

/ a day off of work again...  sorry guys I didn’t get the results on time when I had arranged to do some GDA/ gdc work.  Gotta wait until I make another one on those days.  Aka most likely next week.

• Like 2

Tre's Busted Drumkit
On 10/25/2018 at 2:29 PM, Brooklyn Baby said:

agree with this, I will also never forget CERTAIN members posting their gross masturbation escapades in excruciating detail :sick:

Oh my shit koolkev. I forgot about that little train wreck. He's got to be what, 15 now? I pity anyone that ends up dating him...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hermione
8 hours ago, Tre's Busted Drumkit said:

Oh my shit koolkev. I forgot about that little train wreck. He's got to be what, 15 now? I pity anyone that ends up dating him...

Just had a look and he's 18! God damn.

Tre's Busted Drumkit
6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Just had a look and he's 18! God damn.

There is no fucking way koolkev is 18