Hermione

GDC Awards 2018 - The Results

Emilie

Biggest Jason fan I think 4 years in a row now? :lol: I know there’s just so many people lined up for this award so thanks 

o_O
7 minutes ago, Emilie said:

Biggest Jason fan I think 4 years in a row now? :lol: I know there’s just so many people lined up for this award so thanks 

it's just you and me. 

Beerjeezus

Thank you guys :wub:

Potential Mod award three years in a row - this is hilarious!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ritz

Best mike fan award, again! xD

Thank you guys for the votes. And congratulations to all the winners and runners up! :D

• Love 1

Tubbie Head

Yay congrats everyone! 

Omg It makes me sad that the winner for best thread was "Billie deletes his Instagram" 😂 

Also, wow runner-up for best artist?? I don't think I've even posted since last year :o Thanks so much to everyone who voted!

• Like 2

The Bellie

Runner-up for biggest both GD and Billie fan :wub:, and for Basket Case (rightly so I think), winner for the username :wub:! I must admit I'm very pleasantly surprised! or pleasantly very surprised! I didn't think I would win anything.

Thanks for everyone thinking and voting for me! Here's a smiling Billie for y'al! 

02-Green-Day-MTPhoto12.jpg

I just want to say, as for the other results, to me @Jane Lannister is the funniest person here. You manage to make me strangle myself with laughter with a short sentence. :P

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Beerjeezus

One more thing: I apologize to everyone who voted for me in the avatar category - I must have changed it three times in a week so I guess at least someone had to vote for me and then regret :P

• Like 1

fukingcounterstrike
On 10/21/2018 at 8:12 AM, She-Loves-Him said:

Oh shit people remember us

It's weird because I can't even think of any other GDC couples at the moment, and there use to be tons. 

Congrats to you guys! :happy: and that's not for the award either :P 

• Like 2

Dai.
On 10/21/2018 at 2:38 AM, WhiteTim said:

I think this is my 3rd straight year winning improved member lol 

I noticed that! :lol:

Goes to show how bad you were back in the day, that you've had so much improvement to do :P

I congratulate you specially!

Now if you improve your writing, you've got next year's award in the bag, just sayiiin' :P

9 minutes ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

It's weird because I can't even think of any other GDC couples at the moment, and there use to be tons.

In all of our defenses, relationships are hard, off and on line, heh.

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

One more thing: I apologize to everyone who voted for me in the avatar category - I must have changed it three times in a week so I guess at least someone had to vote for me and then regret :P

But did you plan it that way? 🤔

On 10/21/2018 at 9:25 AM, inthehallwaynow said:

I mean I feel so spoiled! I'll take my cash rewards

Yeah good luck with that! :P

Edited by Dai.
Also I want to add, why were these new emojis added? I can't even tell what they are, they suck.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

RedundantIdiot

Can I make a suggestion for next years awards- to reveal the number of votes that the winner and runner-up in each category get? @Hermione

Hermione
18 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Can I make a suggestion for next years awards- to reveal the number of votes that the winner and runner-up in each category get? @Hermione

This has been suggested before but we've never done it because it could lead to people trying to vote tactically, like if they knew how many votes it might take to win in a certain category etc. I've never even seen the numbers, Fuzz counts the votes and is the only one who sees them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't care

I've had a few days to process this and honestly I genuinely want to know who voted for me as TMI Master, I thought it was a well-kept secret

• Like 1

Moriarty
1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Guess I'm president of the Losers' Club... :confused:

@Khaleesi., @Lindsay, @Laura!, @Mar, @Moriarty, @JardyOfSuburbia — welcome aboard! :lol: 

i prefer the term “not a winner” thank you

• Like 1

Laura!
3 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Guess I'm president of the Losers' Club... :confused:

@Khaleesi., @Lindsay, @Laura!, @Mar, @Moriarty, @JardyOfSuburbia — welcome aboard! :lol: 

I’m honored!

Billie Hoe

The best thread of 2018 being closed like a day after being awarded is an accomplishment isn't it :P

Still super curious about how the banners will look like :)

Beerjeezus
19 hours ago, Dai. said:

But did you plan it that way? 🤔

Not at all! I forgot about the awards when I changed haha

Edited by Jane Lannister

petros

So there was a picture thread winner thing and I wasn't even a runner up? Nether Tom? We're the godfathers of the thread. I know for me at least it used to help my low self esteem back then. Cringe thinking about what I was posting back then now.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

WhiteTim
19 minutes ago, petros said:

So there was a picture thread winner thing and I wasn't even a runner up? Nether Tom? We're the godfathers of the thread. I know for me at least it used to help my low self esteem back then. Cringe thinking about what I was posting back then now.

Yeah I’m a bit puzzled I was a runner up I only post there a few times 

petros
Just now, WhiteTim said:

Yeah I’m a bit puzzled I was a runner up I only post there a few times 

You deserve it though! I remember Tim thursday(or another day i guess). Those were awesome :wub:

• Like 1

Libertine Angel
1 hour ago, petros said:

You deserve it though! I remember Tim thursday(or another day i guess). Those were awesome :wub:

You're thinking of the infamous #WhiteTimWednesday, once a calendar for many a GDCer.

• Like 3

o_O
1 hour ago, petros said:

you're a winner in my book! personally i wasn't expecting to win least likely to win an award given i won that eons ago. 

• Like 1

LaughingClock

There is a lot of mean shit in this towards me.  LOL.  TMI? Drama Queen? Basket Case? and runner up for Idiot.

So sweet of you guys.  Thanks. 

Who would even think to put something that is meant to be hurtful towards someone?  I am glad that I won those since it doesn't bother me at all and I can be the slug that makes someone who might actually feel bad about it, not.

Where is the "gave you guys a bunch of true info that came to fruition award"?  lol

TMI?  Just because I post one post every now and then, the aggregate amount of information with the people that post 40x a day give a lot more info than I.  Also, have you guys looked at the "sex advice thread"?   I read that a couple times and was pretty amazed at some of the shit said in there.   I find it amazing that someone can take say I win TMI with the shit that is in that thread.  That thing should be rated X.

fukingcounterstrike
1 minute ago, LaughingClock said:

There is a lot of mean shit in this towards me.  LOL.  TMI? Drama Queen? Basket Case? and runner up for Idiot.

So sweet of you guys.  Thanks. 

Don't you sully the community idiot award :mad:  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

LaughingClock
1 minute ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

Don't you sully the community idiot award :mad:  

Lol. I am sorry. I don't mean to sully it.  I am happy with every award I get in life.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, WhiteTim said:

I think this is my 3rd straight year winning improved member lol 

You're pretty much my favorite brah and I don't remember you ever sucking so improving on greatness is pretty sweet.

Ok, I have to go do some paperwork. 

Thanks for making me winner and runner ups to all the things I got. I am what, honored?  Lol.

• Thanks 1