Personal limit of behavior when meeting BJA

Savannah89

3 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

I tried to picture more than a million times how it feels to hug him. Didn't it feel unreal to you?

Wow, muscular. Never expected to feel that when you hug him ❤️ 

This whole thing let me think about this little boy at Wembley who hugged him the whole time and didn't let go and when he didn't let go Billie tried to move with him hanging on his leg😝

Was that Wembley Stadium? I was there and I got some (shitty) pictures of this little boy hugging him :D 

34036_409599787856_7957025_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=05f44c73300c7c6ad3145ba0a254c02b&oe=5C5345D5 34036_409599797856_3409841_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&oh=7967eec6d64fa9f33ad498eccd5192f8&oe=5C4EE3BA

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

I tried to picture more than a million times how it feels to hug him. Didn't it feel unreal to you?

Wow, muscular. Never expected to feel that when you hug him ❤️ 

This whole thing let me think about this little boy at Wembley who hugged him the whole time and didn't let go and when he didn't let go Billie tried to move with him hanging on his leg😝

Not really because I don’t really get that way with musicians anymore. I work with them (not GD, others) so the aura has worn away. But I was very very grateful to have the opportunity!

Well I mean, I said compared to my mom. It wasn’t like hugging a body builder. 

I've been a Green Day fan since I saw them as the opening band at Lollapalooza 94 and then a few weeks later at Woodstock.  I was 17 years old then and have been to every Green Day show when they've come around ever since desperately trying to get up on stage at a show, meet him after a show, give him a guitar I made, etc.  

At the recent Longshot show as I was showing some people in line a BJ Guitar i was hoping to give BIllie that night, the tour bus door opened and BIllie walked out.  This was over 24 years of waiting for this moment.  I didn't know how to react, but I was happy to talk to him for a few minutes, it was kind of a blur, and I was overwhelmed, believe it or not as a 42 year old, with emotion.  I wanted to cry, I wanted to grab him and hug him, but all I did was put out my hand for a handshake.

Instead, he initiated the hug.  I can die now haha

Moral of the story...let Billie make the move.  I'm sure he would accept the hugs, but don't be obnoxious about it.

3 hours ago, Jet Taman said:

I've been a Green Day fan since I saw them as the opening band at Lollapalooza 94 and then a few weeks later at Woodstock.  I was 17 years old then and have been to every Green Day show when they've come around ever since desperately trying to get up on stage at a show, meet him after a show, give him a guitar I made, etc.  

At the recent Longshot show as I was showing some people in line a BJ Guitar i was hoping to give BIllie that night, the tour bus door opened and BIllie walked out.  This was over 24 years of waiting for this moment.  I didn't know how to react, but I was happy to talk to him for a few minutes, it was kind of a blur, and I was overwhelmed, believe it or not as a 42 year old, with emotion.  I wanted to cry, I wanted to grab him and hug him, but all I did was put out my hand for a handshake.

Instead, he initiated the hug.  I can die now haha

Moral of the story...let Billie make the move.  I'm sure he would accept the hugs, but don't be obnoxious about it.

What did he think of the guitar?

On 10/11/2018 at 5:55 AM, ¡Jenn! said:

Was that Wembley Stadium? I was there and I got some (shitty) pictures of this little boy hugging him :D 

God, I want to be that boy so badly. 😍 Especially in the first picture. :wub:

From my experience, a handshake and normal conversation to start is a good way to go about it. Just as you would greet any other person. And if anyone happens to have this experience, I highly recommend it- he is a good person and very engaging to interact with, but like all of us, if you're meeting someone for the first time, that first impression goes a long way! So think about how you treat strangers who approach you and act accordingly. All that said, I was freaking out on the inside the first time we met- but I internalized it, which is definitely the way to go. Here's how my first meeting went, seriously:

Billie: "Hi (reaching out hand), I'm Billie Joe"

Me: (also reaching out hand and thinking- no shit, you're really famous and my lifelong idol and the reason I learned how to play guitar and by the way can we talk a little about a million ways you've influenced my life and a million questions I want to ask immediately...nah, let's shift into normal mode)…"hi, my name is xx, nice to meet you"

Conversation ensues. Win all around.

49 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

From my experience, a handshake and normal conversation to start is a good way to go about it. Just as you would greet any other person. And if anyone happens to have this experience, I highly recommend it- he is a good person and very engaging to interact with, but like all of us, if you're meeting someone for the first time, that first impression goes a long way! So think about how you treat strangers who approach you and act accordingly. All that said, I was freaking out on the inside the first time we met- but I internalized it, which is definitely the way to go. Here's how my first meeting went, seriously:

Me: (also reaching out hand and thinking- no shit, you're really famous and my lifelong idol and the reason I learned how to play guitar and by the way can we talk a little about a million ways you've influenced my life and a million questions I want to ask immediately...nah, let's shift into normal mode)…"hi, my name is xx, nice to meet you"

I have to ask how you even got into this situation in the first place. Like, did you just run into him or was it at a Green Day related thing? Also, you said "first time". How many times have you met him? Did he remember you?

1 hour ago, TimmyChunks said:

Yeah on my experience this didn't work.

Me: Oh fuck there is BJ - what do I say - act cool - em I want to vomit & it ended up being like this.

Spoiler

deer-in-headlights.png?6bfec1

I would have problems for not puking on him. I wouldn't be able to find a single word.

Did you hug him or something? 

Guys, do you think he treats girls different than boys? Maybe boys are more shy with giving hugs and all.

If I met him randomly somewhere I'd just act like I would towards a friend and ask him whats up, and talk about music with him and I'd work up the courage to ask him for a hug.

Now if it happened at one of their shows and he chose me to like sing or guitar on the songs they pick fans for there's no doubt that I'd run up and hug him first and thank him and let him know how much this means to me💚

Archived