Billie deletes his Instagram

Billie Hoe

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Justin1 said:

I don’t mean to sound ‘holier-than-thou’ but saying that it’s logical that Billie’s going to make millions of people sad by deleting his social media is exactly the kind of unfair pressure I’m taking about. I don’t think your empathizing with him one bit, and I do find that somewhat shameful, personally. 

If people are dependent on Billie’s social media accounts to make them happy, or need them to be reassured that everything is okay with him, I REALLY hope he keeps them deactivated. As I said, 15 years ago celebrities didn’t have these windows into their lives for their fans to observe and comment on.. and I don’t remember anyone being worried about their well being unless there was valid reason to be (and at the moment their is no reason to be). I also don’t remember celebrities dying of suicide and overdoses at the levels they are today either.

Check yourself.

And the world has changed. It is what it is and you can’t go back. People do rely on social media to keep up with their favorite artists, so of course they’re going to be alarmed when that is shut off. I think you need to check yourself in denying that different reactions don’t equal wrong.

25 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

Sometimes people just want to switch off. Maybe he disabled them so he wasn’t tempted to post. I can’t imagine what it’s like having that many people hanging on to your every word. 

Just remember he doesn’t owe us any sort of connection. 

I agree with your first paragraph. But no one is saying he “owes” an explanation. Just expressing concern and wondering what happened. 

If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen 🤷🏼‍♀️ He shouldn’t provoke the conversation/debate if he isn’t prepared for the inevitable backlash, so if he can’t take it or it’s affecting him in any way, mental health or otherwise, then it’s better to just step away. 

9 hours ago, Justin1 said:

Billie doesn't owe anyone an explanation for why he does anything, especially something as miniscule as deactivating social media accounts. People who aren't Billies close friends or family aren't 'entitled' to a connection into his personal life, and that's all I mean about this 'Millenial' generation. I hope Billie is reading these obsurd reactions from people and decides to permanently deletes his accounts to spare himself from this kind of pressure people unfairly put on him.

Privacy is an extremely wonderful thing when you're a level headed individual, and Billie deserves it as much as anyone. Most people under 30 can't even understand the real value in true privacy, and automatically think the worst when someone wants to be alone. It's crazy!

Please point out to me where I said or implied that he "owed" us anything or that we are "entitled" to an explanation? I didn't. I said it's reasonable for people to be concerned. Whether or not it IS a sign of anything concerning or something "miniscule" we don't know. Your opinion that it's miniscule is just that, your opinion. I AM entitled to be concerned provided I don't do something invasive to find out answers, just as you're entitled to dismiss this as a flawed generation over-reacting to something you KNOW to be no big deal. 

1 hour ago, emmericanidiot said:

If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen 🤷🏼‍♀️ He shouldn’t provoke the conversation/debate if he isn’t prepared for the inevitable backlash, so if he can’t take it or it’s affecting him in any way, mental health or otherwise, then it’s better to just step away. 

That might not even be the reason though. Troll comments aren’t a new thing and he knows how to disable them.

17 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Please point out to me where I said or implied that he "owed" us anything or that we are "entitled" to an explanation? I didn't. I said it's reasonable for people to be concerned. Whether or not it IS a sign of anything concerning or something "miniscule" we don't know. Your opinion that it's miniscule is just that, your opinion. I AM entitled to be concerned provided I don't do something invasive to find out answers, just as you're entitled to dismiss this as a flawed generation over-reacting to something you KNOW to be no big deal. 

Listen, if anyone from BillIe’s Circle publicly acknowledged that there was cause to be concerned, or Billie was showing behaviour that gave his fans reason to be worried, I would be singing a different tune.

The fact is, none of that has happened, and people are jumping to conclusions, and causing panic for no reason. That’s not good for anyone, and especially not Billie or the band. It’s not my ‘opinion’ that deactivating a social media account is nothing to be worried about.. it’s a fact. Only young and immature minds would let themselves believe what their immagination will comes up with, and even worse, spread it around for everyone else. Everything is fine. 

3 hours ago, squashie09 said:

There are a lot of those people in this world, unfortunately. They hide behind their screens spouting hate. The odds of them saying it in person is low. The internet provides for hating/bullying to happen without ramifications to the bully.

its sad that what should be a place for people to voice their opinions and have honest and constructive arguments has turned into a sestpoole hate. 

I agree. Yeah I wish people like them weren't such keyboard warriors :|

1 minute ago, Justin1 said:

Listen, if anyone from BillIe’s Circle publicly acknowledged that there was cause to be concerned, or Billie was showing behaviour that gave his fans reason to be worried, I would be singing a different tune.

The fact is, none of that has happened, and people are jumping to conclusions, and causing panic for no reason. That’s not good for anyone, and especially not Billie or the band. It’s not my ‘opinion’ that deactivating a social media account is nothing to be worried about.. it’s a fact. Only young and immature minds would let themselves believe what their immagination will comes up with, and even worse, spread it around for everyone else. Everything is fine. 

I kinda agree with you. Like if something was wrong then i'm sure Adrienne, Mike and Tre would have said something. So, this makes me just assume its a social media break or something from him. *shrugs*

10 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

That might not even be the reason though. Troll comments aren’t a new thing and he knows how to disable them.

Maybe he is just wanting a social media break even though he can disable the comments. I hope that's just it :|

Guys, we don't know what other private  messages he got on insta.

Maybe someone said really bad things where he felt Adrienne and his sons not longer in safety. 

Things that are really heavy. He already talked about a stalker in the 90's who wanted to raise his children instead of his wife. There are creepy people outside.

I kinda agree with you. Like if something was wrong then i'm sure Adrienne, Mike and Tre would have said something. So, this makes me just assume its a social media break or something from him. *shrugs*

Don't want to let you worry, but if something was wrong with my husband/friend, I guess instagram would be the last thing to post it.

And Jakobs and Joeys latest posts were over 19 hours ago. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

If I was him, and if I have to read some of the dumbass things that people has written to him, I would do the same forever. 

Sad for us since he was finally getting comfy with this things and some gems were dropped there. But enough is enough. 

I totally get it with the public account, but he also had a private one  that only some people have known about and he also deactivated/deleted it, what I think is really strange. I get that he deactivates the public  one. But the private one? With all his relatives and friends on it? I can't imagine that he got creepy messages in this way. 

14 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

I totally get it with the public account, but he also had a private one  that only some people have known about and he also deactivated/deleted it, what I think is really strange. I get that he deactivates the public  one. But the private one? With all his relatives and friends on it? I can't imagine that he got creepy messages in this way. 

Probably deleted everything he used so he wouldn’t be bombarded with all the usual Instagram stuff, perhaps just seeing it all was triggering and he just thought fuck it and turned it all off for a bit. If something that’s meant to be fun is annoying you or getting you wound up the solution is to just not use it.

LIFELONG PUNK IN UNEXPECTED MOVE SHOCKER

zoom.gif

I get the initial confusion and disappointment but I'm sure he's fine

Spoiler

because he's definitely not dead  :sherlock: 

Hey so I was just checking some tags on insta the tag #comebackbillie I saw one post from 2014 of someone telling Billie to come back. Now, I didn't really know how to use insta until 2 years ago 😂 so does anyone know what was up then? Did he disable his account back then too? Or?

2 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

Guys, we don't know what other private  messages he got on insta.

Maybe someone said really bad things where he felt Adrienne and his sons not longer in safety. 

Things that are really heavy. He already talked about a stalker in the 90's who wanted to raise his children instead of his wife. There are creepy people outside.

Don't want to let you worry, but if something was wrong with my husband/friend, I guess instagram would be the last thing to post it.

And Jakobs and Joeys latest posts were over 19 hours ago. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Darn 😩

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

Hide contents

because he's definitely not dead  :sherlock: 

...how do you know now when he doesn't have ig?

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

...how do you know now when he doesn't have ig?

I have c o n t a c t s

4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Please tell me more :wub:

Let me put it this way.... he likes beer.

1 minute ago, herewegoagain said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4431824

6 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

He has good taste, I appreciate that 

15 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

He has good taste, I appreciate that 

I am so sorry (actually this is from today, alive and well)

Spoiler

20380e50eff48868bf63f4e510d6a122--los-si

16 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I am so sorry (actually this is from today, alive and well)

Hide contents

20380e50eff48868bf63f4e510d6a122--los-si

as if he wouldn't do it for free

:dry:

I have a new theory.

Billie Joe was reading GDC and got really bored because nothing happens, so he decided to spice things up a little and create some mysterious drama to make people start speculating. He deleted his first profile, and went into the kitchen to prepare some popcorn, grabbed a beer and sat down in front of his laptop. His plan was a success; there was a new thread and within just a couple of hours, people posted 5 pages worth of wild theories, one more absurd than the other and giggled into his palm while licking the popcorn from his open hand, watching the drama and destruction unfold on his screen. Billie is the biggest troll of all and we never saw it coming.

• Hermione locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic

Archived