Billie deletes his Instagram

Billie Hoe

1 minute ago, Savannah89 said:

@Billie Hoe: No, I know the persons who did this and stopped getting in contact with them after I realized what crap they did.

But I know their names...

In 2009/2010 no one knew where the pictures came from at first. After Adriennes sister and Billies sister made clear what it's all about.

But maybe you didn't get what I mean.

We get it, some people crossed the line and contacted Billie’s sister in 2009. Let’s hope the fan base has matured and move on.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I can still see the deactivated longshot account. Still says there’s 255 posts along with the verification check & bio that was there prior. Same with his bja account. 

I guess the likes are supposed to eventually disappear after you deactivate the account.  I apologize for the confusion that I started.

okay for some clarity here, the reason some of you can still "see" the accounts is because your phone has cached the profile from when you've previously viewed the profile before they were deactivated. that's also the reason you can still see the account names on photos they've liked because it's not downloading new data each time, it's pulling up what it showed you last time and checking only for new comments and likes, not checking if the old ones are still there. if you were to delete the instagram app off your phones and then try and look at those photos and profiles you won't see them.

so the fact some of you can't see the longshot profile anymore doesn't mean he's deleted it. both accounts will just be deactivated, instagram doesn't (as far as i'm aware) delete verified accounts due to the fact people can take their names and impersonate them.

3 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

That means you can see all the photos as well? 😀

no, it checks what viewing permissions you have before it shows you the profile (in case the user blocks you for example), because that will return a negative value as the profile isn't there it hides all the content. all of his instagram photos will have been saved by people anyway and can probably be found on the wayback machine which archives the internet.

I can get to the accounts by click his profile name (@longshot/@billiejoarmstrong) through posts that have tagged those accounts in the comments. 

The profile is bare, if you will, only showing the post count but no actual posts and the bio. 

Furthermore, people can still tag his bja account in their comments... make of that what you will. 

Cache thing true though, @Moriarty, but I’ve cleared mine.

I'm happy that he's reactivated his personal account. He deserves to be able to have some fun with Instagram with his friends and family without having to worry about trolls or anything like that. Good for him!

I do think it's hopeful that he will reactivate his public account eventually, though. It would be nice to see his funny posts and have some of that Billie-ness to look forward to every now and again.

4 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

They can request to follow, but since it's private, he won't accept it and they have to deal with it.

Has anyone on here been accepted? 

My best friend tried a couple of years ago with her private account but she got blocked. He blocks anybody who tries. 

As I said. He will never accepts strangers and he has a huge family network. As soon as some stranger /creepy person would send him a request, even if he accepted, someone would notice.

And as the other people said on here. It's private for a reason. And we should accept that.  My only concern is that thousand of people try to send him friend requests now/send him messages and he would deactivate because of this again. You can send a stranger messages. I tried it again today. The person has to decide if she read it but it's possible.

You can find any profile if you want to, but give him a life. 

10 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

My best friend tried a couple of years ago with her private account but she got blocked. He blocks anybody who tries. 

I’m not sure why but I find this kind of funny.  Good for him. 

I wouldn't try to send him a request even if I did know what his personal account is. That's crossing the line and would be an invasion of his privacy. He's given enough of himself to fans as it is and I think it's disrespectful to push for more. That's my opinion on the matter.

Sooooo the instagrams get deleted and the board becomes a ghost town ? 

I guess there’s isn’t anything new to report. No news. No new ideas.

no new green day record. No Longshot. No nothing.

1 hour ago, squashie09 said:

Guys... the longshot account is back.

Yeeeessss! :D Maybe this means he will bring his own BJA account back too! I would take this as a strong indication that he might be back soon. If he isn't, then at least we have the Longshot account. He usually posted a lot of the same things on both anyway.

Awesome! The Longshot one being back makes me hopeful that he was more taking a social media break than escaping annoying fans and that the main one will follow soon. Or imagine if deactivating Instagram was just part of his Hobo Billie aesthetic and he's going to come back without the beard :P 

Also congrats to this thread about the saddest GD news of the year for winning the Best Thread GDC award :lol: 

I wouldn't try to send him a request even if I did know what his personal account is. That's crossing the line and would be an invasion of his privacy.

Well, thats why he blocks people but I don't see it that bad. You can send people friends requests whoever you want to. If the person accepts is another question.

And yes, hope grows he will reactivate.  He deactivated the bja account first and would probably reactivate it last. A strong proof for him getting bullied with this one.

Also it gets on my nerves how all people start to ask other family members of green day when Billie reactivates again. 

Now we only need the BJA Account, but I'm not sure if he will come back. It's like a thriller. You never know how it ends, you know?

7 hours ago, Hermione said:

Or imagine if deactivating Instagram was just part of his Hobo Billie aesthetic and he's going to come back without the beard :P 

That's it!!! 😂

11 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

But he still has the beard. No end of the hobo style.

But his main account isn't back yet so the theory stands :D

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

All I want right now is for him to post on the Mojo account

That's where the real content is, lets be honest.

• Hermione locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic

Archived