Billie deletes his Instagram

Billie Hoe

2 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I really want him to come back on in time for Halloween so he can post a picture of whatever he chooses to be this year. I'm curious if he'll be boring and go with the same ones he always does - either Jack Skellington or a burglar.

Uncool Halloween has a Harry Potter theme this year so could be interesting.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So weird, I just had the notion to look, which I haven't in weeks, and there was the private account, lol.  I wonder how long he's been back.

Maybe he realized he doesn't need to delete his private account to escape the toxicity of instagram so he came back. I'm honestly not expecting his other accounts to be reactivated

7 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Maybe he realized he doesn't need to delete his private account to escape the toxicity of instagram so he came back. I'm honestly not expecting his other accounts to be reactivated

He might when he needs to promote his work.  However, he might keep it as more of a professional account, promoting account, and just keep his personal account for his personal life.  Of course that means good control of his filter and a sense of boundaries, so.... then again, maybe not.  Either way, I miss his posts, pov, and sense of humor.  

1 minute ago, Biddymc said:

He might when he needs to promote his work.  However, he might keep it as more of a professional account, promoting account, and just keep his personal account for his personal life.  Of course that means good control of his filter and a sense of boundaries, so.... then again, maybe not.  Either way, I miss his posts, pov, and sense of humor.  

Possibly, some celebrities have their accounts run by management. But that wouldn't really be *him* returning to Instagram.

I don't think his private account would be there for long. Maybe creepy fans hate that the private one is reactivated and start hacking him.  

Just now, Savannah89 said:

I don't think his private account would be there for long. Maybe creepy fans hate that the private one is reactivated and start hacking him.  

tumblr_inline_p7me4oXyLw1r4q18c_250.gif

Or he will be flooded with messages from creepy fan girls on his private one. The private one isn't that hard to find. 

And it had a reason why he had a private and a public one. He created the public one for fans not concentrating on his public one.

Deactivating the public one for long makes the private one even more interesting.

@Savannah89 I'm taking a leap of good faith and assume that most fans don't know his private account (of it, yes, but not its name or where to find it) and therefore won't try to pester him. They can request to follow, but since it's private, he won't accept it and they have to deal with it.

It doesn't make the private one more interesting in the least if you understand boundaries and aren't insanely and morbidly obsessed with his life. Some fangirls don't seem to understand the line between public and private life and think they have a right to information that is none of their business, but I doubt anyone will actually be sick enough to hack his private account because his public account was such an addictive drug to them.

I think it's best for everyone to stay realistic and not unleash wild theories of crazy fangirls who lost their minds and are about to commit crimes to get a piece of him. 

23 minutes ago, Sunshinelove said:

He just permanently deleted the longshot account that makes me sad I loved that account.  I guess he doesn’t really plan on coming back 😥

I still don't know how on earth y'all know this. As far as I know, there's no new longshot account by someone who grabbed the username, and wasn't that the distinction between deactivated and permanently deleted?

1 hour ago, Savannah89 said:

Hope starts to grow. He reactivated one of his Accounts but not the public one

*crosses fingers* hopefully his public one is sooner rather than later (:

18 minutes ago, Sunshinelove said:

He just permanently deleted the longshot account that makes me sad I loved that account.  I guess he doesn’t really plan on coming back 😥

Oh no 😔 how can you tell?

I don't know,  for me it worked one time (sending messages) . Not with Billies.  I was able to send a message to another private account.

And yes, for sure I know he would never accept my account when he doesn't know me. I'm not stupid. 

You have no idea, what kind of freaking people are around in the green day crowd. One friend told me once there was a girl that hacked a bunch of family accounts of GD . I don't know, but if you have been fan since 2009 or earlier you know what I'm talking about. There were bunch of photos from his sons in normal forums like geekstinkbreath and no one knew where they came from until they realized it was from private facebook pages.  This was around 2009 and 2010.  

10 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

I don't know,  for me it worked one time (sending messages) . Not with Billies.  I was able to send a message to another private account.

And yes, for sure I know he would never accept my account when he doesn't know me. I'm not stupid. 

You have no idea, what kind of freaking people are around in the green day crowd. One friend told me once there was a girl that hacked a bunch of family accounts of GD . I don't know, but if you have been fan since 2009 or earlier you know what I'm talking about. There were bunch of photos from his sons in normal forums like geekstinkbreath and no one knew where they came from until they realized it was from private facebook pages.  This was around 2009 and 2010.  

Whoa, that's way over the top someone would do that

I can tell you back in 2009 or 2010  people weren't that nice when it comes to privacy of green day families.

They tend to be pretty rude. Especially Billies sister was pretty pissed by that. One of my friend has a friend who's mom know her personally.

1 minute ago, Savannah89 said:

Especially Billies sister was pretty pissed by that. One of my friend has a friend who's mom know her personally.

John-Cusack-Wink.gif

Of course.

I think we’re jumping to all sorts of conclusions. There’s no reason to think that “creepy fans” are going to do anything. That’s quite a leap. As a whole the fans have been pretty respectful of Billie’s absence. Aside from the occasional comment on the posts of a few people close to him, which is to be expected, I haven’t seen evidence of harassment about it. You’re always going to have the outliers, but Green Day fans are much better than the average fandom. Can we please stop the constant narrative about “crazy fangirls”? Venting over.

I blame 80 it’s all her fault but then everything that’s bad is 80’s fault 

@Billie Hoe: Believe it or not. I know it.

@neverdone: No not all Fans are bad but in 2009 some People had been really creepy and I know that. I still have proof . I'm not saying it's about all

2 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

@neverdone: No not all Fans are bad but in 2009 some People had been really creepy and I know that. I still have proof . I'm not saying it's about all

What is the proof? Did you keep the pics of his children? :)

29 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

@Billie Hoe: Believe it or not. I know it.

I’m not going after you personally, apologies if it seems that way. The anti-fangirl narrative has been a general theme on GDC lately.

Anyway, I think the return to his private account is a great sign. I still think he’ll be back to the bja account. Don’t know about Longshot. Are we sure it’s deleted?

@Billie Hoe: No, I know the persons who did this and stopped getting in contact with them after I realized what crap they did. I first thought the pictures came from legal sources.

But I know their names...

In 2009/2010 no one knew where the pictures came from at first. After Adriennes sister and Billies sister made clear what it's all about.

But maybe you didn't get what I mean, because you've joined in 2015. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can still see the deactivated longshot account. Still says there’s 255 posts along with the verification check & bio that was there prior. Same with his bja account. 

• Hermione locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic

Archived