Billie deletes his Instagram

Billie Hoe

3 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

It’s the hair for me. That slicked back gelled look throws me every time. And maybe the glasses. 

Yeah, possibly that. Not really thrown off by the glasses, though, and he's not even wearing them in that picture. I don't know there's something about his face that looks not Billie-ish, especially from that side angle.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I don't know anything about that. Did he keep his posts though? You get them back after you reactivate your account, but I don't think that's the case when it's permanently deleted. Verified accounts generally have bonuses and more options than normal (business) accounts and I'm sure being able to keep their username and not having it being made available to other people is one of them, should they decide to return.

That's not true though. I disabled my account right after Billie did, just to see what would happen, and it gave me a time window. It's still there, the question is just if the same window applies to verified accounts.

The only limit I saw is you can only disable your account once a week.  You just can’t reactivate and deactivate it all the time.  But you can deactivate and come back three months later or more like Joey did.

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Do you remember if when Joey came back his old posts were still there?  I would just like to see Billie’s archive of posts again.

Joey had zero posts when he came back. So did Jakob (he disabled for a month in may). But when they deactivated/disabled, their profiles said zero posts. Billies still has a post count for me. 

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Do you remember if when Joey came back his old posts were still there?  I would just like to see Billie’s archive of posts again.

Everything goes back to normal when they log back in.  I think Joey just deleted his posts instead of going through each post and shutting comments off.

1 minute ago, Luvgirl88 said:

The only limit I saw is you can only disable your account once a week.  You just can’t reactivate and deactivate it all the time.  But you can deactivate and come back three months later or more like Joey did.

Huh. You're right. I actually tried it again and it didn't show me a time window. Which is weird because the first time it definitely gave me one, and it wasn't very long, but now I can't find a single trace of it. What even is reality anymore. Whatever.

Damn at this point I even miss the puppet. I have a question. Maybe it’s been answered, not sure in this mess of a thread. Does the fact that you can still see his likes on other people’s posts mean he hasn’t deleted his account?

22 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Damn at this point I even miss the puppet. I have a question. Maybe it’s been answered, not sure in this mess of a thread. Does the fact that you can still see his likes on other people’s posts mean he hasn’t deleted his account?

Yes he just deactivated it.  He can log back in at anytime and it will come back.  

I check on it every morning to notice that he is still not there.

The thing is: I value him as really consequent when it comes to things like this. That's why I'm not so sure if he really comes back.

4 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

I check on it every morning to notice that he is still not there.

The thing is: I value him as really consequent when it comes to things like this. That's why I'm not so sure if he really comes back.

Me too...

That actually raises another question. If his accounts come back would we still be followers and go back to receiving post notifications without having to reset anything? That way we’d know without having to check.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

That actually raises another question. If his accounts come back would we still be followers and go back to receiving post notifications without having to reset anything? That way we’d know without having to check.

You’d still be following him. Not sure if your notifications settings would still be intact or not. 

The only encouraging thought is that for certain things he still needs a platform. When he left Twitter he pretty much went straight to instagram. So he might be gone from instagram but he’ll need to find some other way to promote and communicate.

He might just feel like a break. He might come back once he's had enough of a rest from it. Or he might get pushed back on it when Green Day come back :P

Billie has the same expression that I have as I wait for him to reactivate his Instagram 

12e377892dc649022378112c198fd9ce.jpg

1 hour ago, Sunshinelove said:

I think if he wasn’t coming back eventually he would of deleted it permanently.  He just deactivated it.

It could be he hasn’t decided yet.  He could still delete it anytime.  

Or he might get pushed back on it when Green Day come back

This could take a year or more.

Also I have a feeling that Adrienne got less active when he disappered on instagram.

So let’s think rationally here. The only reasons I can think of that he wouldn’t come back are that he decided he hates social media or he decided he can’t handle the trolls/haters. Neither of those reasons really hold water. He was having a great time on Instagram outside of the political stuff. Also as @pacejunkie punk said, he has to have a platform. He lives and breathes his bands and promoting his bands. As soon as some exciting things start happening with GD again, he will be posting more than ever. Also, knowing him, he will be back sooner than that because he likes the attention and he likes the connection with the fans. He’s not going to give that up. And, also knowing him, he is not going to give up and just let some asshole right-wing comments chase him out of social media. That goes against everything he stands for. He’ll be back. Oh and Adrienne is just being a team player by staying off at the same time as him, that’s it.

13 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

So let’s think rationally here. The only reasons I can think of that he wouldn’t come back are that he decided he hates social media or he decided he can’t handle the trolls/haters. Neither of those reasons really hold water. He was having a great time on Instagram outside of the political stuff. Also as @pacejunkie punk said, he has to have a platform. He lives and breathes his bands and promoting his bands. As soon as some exciting things start happening with GD again, he will be posting more than ever. Also, knowing him, he will be back sooner than that because he likes the attention and he likes the connection with the fans. He’s not going to give that up. And, also knowing him, he is not going to give up and just let some asshole right-wing comments chase him out of social media. That goes against everything he stands for. He’ll be back. Oh and Adrienne is just being a team player by staying off at the same time as him, that’s it.

I really think all that time wasted online was messing with his focus and interfering with his productivity.  If that’s the case he won’t come back until an album is well underway.  

14 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I really think all that time wasted online was messing with his focus and interfering with his productivity.  If that’s the case he won’t come back until an album is well underway.  

That could be. And that could be soon, or months from now. Either way, I have very little doubt he’ll be back.

Him not being on IG is getting old.  Come on, Billie, get a backbone and ignore the trolls or turn off the comments. Come on back. We miss you and The Longshot accounts.  :(

I really want him to come back on in time for Halloween so he can post a picture of whatever he chooses to be this year. I'm curious if he'll be boring and go with the same ones he always does - either Jack Skellington or a burglar.

• Hermione locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic

Archived