Billie deletes his Instagram

Billie Hoe

5 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

I think some people in this thread are taking life a little too seriously. It's Friday, go out, have a drink and get laid. You will feel better in the morning.

That's what Billie Joe would have wanted. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure to finish it off with Oakland Coffee or diet coke. 

RIP Billie Joe's Instagram. 2012-2018. It was a joyous 6 years. 

giphy.gif

Billie died in 2003 of a drunk driving accident and was replawod with a double who had won a lookalike contest a few years earlier. Thats why they wore masks forbthe network to cover up a fewearlieuc surgeries rhe guy had to do look exactly like billie joe. Thats why the band had sucj an image change and billies singing style and even his soeaking voice sounds different and he started talking more and being more invested in tv interviews and shit. Not to mention the change in lyrical content. The clues are hidden in songs and albun covers.for exame ha ha youre dead or the scuicide of st jimmy.billie was st jimmy and american idiot was  the imposters story of hearing green day and finding himself in their music and then his hero died. The beatles pulled this same scam on the public as well.

3 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Billie died in 2003 of a drunk driving accident and was replawod with a double who had won a lookalike contest a few years earlier. Thats why they wore masks forbthe network to cover up a fewearlieuc surgeries rhe guy had to do look exactly like billie joe. Thats why the band had sucj an image change and billies singing style and even his soeaking voice sounds different and he started talking more and being more invested in tv interviews and shit. Not to mention the change in lyrical content. The clues are hidden in songs and albun covers.for exame ha ha youre dead or the scuicide of st jimmy.billie was st jimmy and american idiot was  the imposters story of hearing green day and finding himself in their music and then his hero died. The beatles pulled this same scam on the public as well.

tumblr_pbrxe8PgrE1wa6lubo1_400.png

Oooh!!!! To make it light and typical Green Day fan grasping at straws type stuff.... David just put a video on his IG saying he was Oakland bound. Longshot band practice perhaps? HELLO STRAWS! I love to grasp you! Haha.

But seriously. Weren’t we kinda told or led to believe that there’d be more Longshot shows.

20 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Jeez I didn’t expect my joke of a post to spiral into two pages of back and forth... 

be honest now, you totally expected it and you loved every ounce of glorious salt that was sprinkled all over the last few pages. 

6 minutes ago, Tina Sixx said:

Oooh!!!! To make it light and typical Green Day fan grasping at straws type stuff.... David just put a video on his IG saying he was Oakland bound. Longshot band practice perhaps? HELLO STRAWS! I love to grasp you! Haha.

But seriously. Weren’t we kinda told or led to believe that there’d be more Longshot shows.

There'd better be! It's super unlikely that I might get a chance to see them but I still want them play more shows.

As Billie himself said.... 

But when the thrill is gone and I'm staring at my phone
Thanks for the company, but I'm still standing alone

And so, with that, he went! 

It would be interesting if the label forces Billie in somway to reactivate his instagram and if the label was responsible for creating the account

I doubt they have much to do with his personal account but I wonder if when it's time to have something to promote if they (and/or management) don't strongly suggest that he reactivate and start posting again.  These days it has to hurt your celebrity profile to not have a social media presence.

5 hours ago, nopride84 said:

In that case both Billies would still be legends

2 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

be honest now, you totally expected it and you loved every ounce of glorious salt that was sprinkled all over the last few pages. 

No I don’t enjoy drama got enough of that in real life don’t need it on a board 

2 hours ago, Tina Sixx said:

I truly do not want more Longshot right now. I want them to focus on the next Green Day album and not be distracted. But that’s just me.

9 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

I think some people in this thread are taking life a little too seriously. It's Friday, go out, have a drink and get laid. You will feel better in the morning.

& I love you.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:53 PM, Savannah89 said:

did he just promise Adrienne to have a birthday without social media?

^^ Honestly, I would totally see it happen.

I've always loved reading Billie's posts on Instagram, and he granted us quite a few for the past year and a half, which I'm grateful for. What happened with the trolls in his comment sections is revolting, only confirming that some people are willingly reserving shit to serve on the internet, and I hate them for offending Billie that way. It saddens me tp think how he must've been hurt by it, who wouldn't be? But I must say I'm everything but worried that he decided to take a break from it. I'd be rather worried if, on the contrary, I saw Billie unable to step away from it when needed. But him doing so, temporarily as it seems, is certainly not a negative sign for me. On the contrary, I think it's a sign of health, to say "I don't absolutely need this all the time. I'm not forced to show up there continuously. I'm free to leave it for a while. " I think Billie has done a pretty good job overall reacting to horrible and stupid comments on his Instagram, or ignoring them, or turning them off, but I don't believe he can ever be totally insensitive to it, especially giving the extent it has taken. Walking away from it for a while is not a sign of defeat but a wise move to preserve himself, and trolls may keep wasting their time trolling over him once he's gone. 

Although I am in my early 20s, I started using a cellphone and social media quite recently, later than most people my age and I think I won't ever feel using it otherwise than parsimoniously. It's not a natural thing for me. It will never be a need, and I think I'm rather lucky that it won't. Internet and social media are stressful to some extent, for everyone. And I don't believe it can be entirely satisfying to express your feelings, especially regarding serious matters you care about, while you're only leaving it for a wide, invisible bunch of people whose intentions you know nothing about, as on Instagram. It's nothing like a real conversation, or a text exchange with someone, or like Billie's rants during gigs where everyone is physically and most likely mentally there, and I want him to never stop doing such rants. Instagram posting on the other hand is potentially way freakier, frustrating, and not exactly a provider of mental health if you hang too much on it. I believe taking a break from it when negative tension rises is nothing but good. 

I think of Billie every day, every hour of the day, and wish he's doing well; I believe he'll come back on Instagram and I'll be pleased when he will, but meanwhile, I'm not exactly craving for him to go back there. I'm sure he is doing what he needs to do for himself, and relieved he is able to extricate himself from Instagram when the need is so. I totally respect all types of concerns about Billie's well-being, I have mine, there are normal since we love him, but I do find it a little sad to expect him to give us an explicit sign of well-being... and that a permanent presence on internet should be a sign of well-being. I think he'll be perfectly fine to find himself again without that for a few days, or as long as he wants, letting go of all the internet expectations including us, hanging with people in real life and texting his friends, and he'll only be refreshed when he comes back.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:38 PM, Billie Hoe said:

I have a new theory.

Billie Joe was reading GDC and got really bored because nothing happens, so he decided to spice things up a little and create some mysterious drama to make people start speculating. He deleted his first profile, and went into the kitchen to prepare some popcorn, grabbed a beer and sat down in front of his laptop. His plan was a success; there was a new thread and within just a couple of hours, people posted 5 pages worth of wild theories, one more absurd than the other and giggled into his palm while licking the popcorn from his open hand, watching the drama and destruction unfold on his screen. Billie is the biggest troll of all and we never saw it coming.

:wub: I like this so much I want to borrow it as my official version if I ever have to explain to someone Billie's absence on Instagram. This thread has at least had a lot of hilarious developments, that's cool

On 10/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, Billie Hoe said:

On a serious note, I do hope he's actually okay? I can't help but worry, a sudden disappearance from social media does alarm me a little bit. I hope he has made the choice out of self care first and foremost...

For what though

Everyone I know over 30 has quit social media or “taken a break” several times. Sometimes it gets in your head and when you have real life responsibilities it can be a bit much.

For example, I took a month or two sabbatical from GDC and this is my first post back. :)

Hello guys. Good to see you again. 

22 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

^^ Yes, go out and have a beer. Because he really liked beer.

I see what you did there. Ha!

Id rather have a Devils Triangle and buff some aderall. I don’t know if that makes sense.

Without starting a debate about age, I think it's because people over 30 are less dependent on social media. I see it myself. I'm just 29 and I have no constant desire to post every little shit on instagram and I'm not already 30.

If you ask me, 6 years on instagram is long for someone who is born 1972 😉 And no, I  don't want to start a discussion about it. Just saying

1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

Id rather have a Devils Triangle and buff some aderall. I don’t know if that makes sense.

Wait isn’t buffing farting?? 🤔Oh and welcome back

I had a dream the other night that Billie came back to instagram and had just posted something. I was so excited and I came here and posted in this thread because I was so happy about it. Then I woke up and was bummed out that it wasn't true.

Erased for no reason but I was informing someone of something and praising women who should I said should be taking power of the world.  With just the responses to that, I’m rethinking that theory.

no further message.

• Hermione locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic

Archived