Billie deletes his Instagram

Billie Hoe

5 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

He probably doesn't know he can just turn off comments tho, someone should tell him 😆

He does know, he has done it a couple of times 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was born in the late 80's. We just had television and just green day cd's. I know some of you can't imagine, but this was life before the internet.

And it wasn't a bad one. Keep calm, folks. I'm sure we all going to survive it 😜

6 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

I was born in the late 80's. We just had television and just green day cd's. I know some of you can't imagine, but this was life before the internet.

And it wasn't a bad one. Keep calm, folks. I'm sure we all going to survive it 😜

I think people are more upset by the idea that he might've been driven away by people being rude and shitty to him and had something he enjoyed doing which we also enjoyed spoiled, than just that his Instagram is gone. They want to know that he's ok. But we don't even know if that's why , hopefully he's just taking a break and will be back.

2 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

Okay, I grew up without a smartphone and the internet, my early teens weren't that much different from yours, and I was born in the mid 90s. But like, you have to admit that suddenly deleting every social media account without as much of a word or a heads up nowadays is kind of weird, no matter what generation you are, and leaves people questioning, especially when it's someone important to them.

I gotta rant for a second tho, because this generation-banter is super annoying. Millennials and Gen Z kids didn't choose to grow up with smartphones and the internet, they were given to us by our parents and corporations make us want to be dependent on them. Today it is practically impossible to not have a smartphone because everybody expects you to have one, and if you don't, you have a disadvantage. That's just how it is, the world is running on digital now. So this entire "oh these young people are helpless without their smartphones and the internet, how sad" shtick is completely unnecessary. And stupid. You can't make kids dependent on those things and then ridicule them when their life starts playing out online.

I get that you are pissed and all and it's really sad, but there is hope that he comes back and if not, we will learn how to deal without it.

Back in 2009 or 2010 Adrienne and Billie didn't even had instagram.  There was also no way of knowing how he feels, thinks and what he is up to..

I know it's a small comfort, but considering this his instagram wasn't up that long. 

And yes. This generation discussion won't lead us anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

I get that you are pissed and all and it's really sad, but there is hope that he comes back and if not, we will learn how to deal without it.

Back in 2009 or 2010 Adrienne and Billie didn't even had instagram.  There was also no way of knowing how he feels, thinks and what he is up to..

I know it's a small comfort, but considering this his instagram wasn't up that long. 

And yes. This generation discussion won't lead us anywhere.

I'm not pissed that he's gone. I'm a little worried and confused but as I said in a previous post, if not having an Instagram account makes him happy, then that's fine with me. 

Yes, but then they did and Billie has had his instagram for 6 (or maybe even 7) years, which isn't exactly short, and people got used to it. Before that, they used Twitter a lot and people loved it because they could read his thoughts and opinions without having to wait for interviews or listening to it at shows. I know I was extremely happy. So it's okay for people to be disappointed or worried or even sad. I know eventually we will get used to it if he doesn't come back, but for now let people react the way they need to.

"Billie Joe, you have mere seconds to live. Any last words?"

"Give me my phone. Gotta delete my instagrams"

16 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

"Billie Joe, you have mere seconds to live. Any last words?"

"Give me my phone. Gotta delete my instagrams"

*1 hr later... Billie Joe is still working to disable accounts (i kid, I kid)

it takes a lot steps to disable an account and he disabled 3! Which means he had to login 3 different times through a browser (can’t delete or disable through the app). 

5 hours ago, Justin1 said:

Billie doesn't owe anyone an explanation for why he does anything, especially something as miniscule as deactivating social media accounts.

I actually agree with you on this one.

I was on the reddit Green Day sub and someone said he may of disabled his accounts because people kept giving him detailed threats.

i fucking hate people like that who the heck would threaten someone for having different opinions. Billie is one of the sweetests humans ever and to think someone could say something THAT disgusting AND wrong is beyond me... I hope he is ok. I have faith he is because Adrienne is with him and he's not alone.

11 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I was on the reddit Green Day sub and someone said he may of disabled his accounts because people kept giving him detailed threats.

i fucking hate people like that who the heck would threaten someone for having different opinions. Billie is one of the sweetests humans ever and to think someone could say something THAT disgusting AND wrong is beyond me... I hope he is ok. I have faith he is because Adrienne is with him and he's not alone.

There are a lot of those people in this world, unfortunately. They hide behind their screens spouting hate. The odds of them saying it in person is low. The internet provides for hating/bullying to happen without ramifications to the bully.

its sad that what should be a place for people to voice their opinions and have honest and constructive arguments has turned into a sestpoole hate. 

27 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

That's disturbing, but I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt. Because there is no proof to that person's claim, it was just something they heard from someone. I could certainly imagine it being the case because being a leftist, famous and outspoken about political beliefs is the cocktail these trolls choose to get drunk on, but since there are no screenshots of these threats, I will assume it's not the case, and it could just be one person over dramatizing it. 

31 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I actually agree with you on this one.

I don't think anyone's acting like they're entitled to an explanation from him or demanding one though. People are just wondering why and hope he isn't upset about something. If people are acting pissed off towards him or like they're owed an explanation etc I agree but I haven't seen anything like that.

I guess Joey had to help him to deactivate the account.

"Joey, how can I do this?"

"Dad, let me see " 

The thing that makes me sad is, it doesn't only punish the bad fans. It also punishs the quiet fans that always treated him with respect and kindness. And that makes me sad. 

It feels like being in school again and your math teacher writes a test because one guy failed to keep attention,

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

That's disturbing, but I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt. Because there is no proof to that person's claim, it was just something they heard from someone. I could certainly imagine it being the case because being a leftist, famous and outspoken about political beliefs it the cocktail these trolls choose to get drunk on, but since there are no screenshots of these threats, I will assume it's not the case, and it could just be one person over dramatizing it. 

Yeah it'll just be someone speculating. If it is because of anything like that it sucks but again we don't know so no point in jumping to conclusions, he might just fancy a break from social media.

Just now, Savannah89 said:

The thing that makes me sad is, it doesn't only punish the bad fans. It also punishs the quiet fans that always treated him with respect and kindness. And that makes me sad. 

It feels like being in school again and your math teacher writes a test because one guy failed to keep attention,

That might not even be why he deactivated it

I'm just going to wait and see if he comes back and/or he says something about it. Not much point in anything else.

1 hour ago, Savannah89 said:

Can we all sign a petition to bring him back?

Somebody should it might at least get a laugh from him and lighten up the situation.

3 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I agree with you that social media can be toxic. I also agree that everyone, including celebrities, have every right to unplug and have privacy. I also think there’s a very good chance that this is just the result of Billie feeling disgusted with the current political environment and wanting to focus on other things right now. Even his private account probably has some political back and forth going on. 

However, it’s wrong if you to shame people for being concerned. It’s human nature for people to be worried if their favorite artist does something like this. It’s great that you can let it roll off of you, but everyone is different. You’re being dismissive of people’s natural reactions and making them feel like there’s something wrong with them for having them. Also, there’s a sadness that is logical when you realized the connection that you have with your favorite artist, via pictures and personal stories/expressions, has been lost. It may be temporary, but we don’t know. It’s also natural to worry knowing Billie’s temperament and history. Yes we shouldn’t jump to wild conclusions, but there’s nothing wrong with expressing some worry. Bottom line, people need to quit being holier-than-thou about how other people should feel and react. 

I don’t mean to sound ‘holier-than-thou’ but saying that it’s logical that Billie’s going to make millions of people sad by deleting his social media is exactly the kind of unfair pressure I’m taking about. I don’t think your empathizing with him one bit, and I do find that somewhat shameful, personally. 

If people are dependent on Billie’s social media accounts to make them happy, or need them to be reassured that everything is okay with him, I REALLY hope he keeps them deactivated. As I said, 15 years ago celebrities didn’t have these windows into their lives for their fans to observe and comment on.. and I don’t remember anyone being worried about their well being unless there was valid reason to be (and at the moment their is no reason to be). I also don’t remember celebrities dying of suicide and overdoses at the levels they are today either.

Check yourself.

20 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't think anyone's acting like they're entitled to an explanation from him or demanding one though. People are just wondering why and hope he isn't upset about something. If people are acting pissed off towards him or like they're owed an explanation etc I agree but I haven't seen anything like that.

I never said anyone was acting like they were entitled to one, all I said is I agree that he doesn't owe us one.

As much as it sucks that he deleted his account, it's just a social media account. People are acting like it's some barometer of his mental health and he's holed up crying about Internet bullies, saying they just want a sign that "he's OK," which is sort of the same thing.  

I mean he's obviously drinking again, someone should get someone to check on him. 

I think pretending that everything was better 20 years ago isn't really helpful. As I said, I was raised in the late 80's and early 90's without a phone, a computer or anything else. I played in the mudd and knocked on friends doors to organize play dates without calling them before or asking my parents to drive me somewhere. Sure I know what it feels to be without social media, but I'm also sad that he just deleted or deactivated his account. It feels like losing the connection to someone you've liked and adored and this is what makes me sad. Just the feeling that he is not available. For sure I would have never written a message to him, but it was the feeling like knowing he is okay. 

We can only speculate what forced him to make this decision. Was it fans making really bad threats like he didn't felt save for him or his family or did he just need a break, had a breakdown, addiction problems or did he just promise Adrienne to have a birthday without social media? It's just speculation and I don't want to speculate.

I can't imagine we won't get some comment from the official side. The only thing that I really don't get: Longshot wasn't only about Billie. Why did he delete the account then? It would have been Jeff Matikas choice as well.

I mean he's obviously drinking again, someone should get someone to check on him. 

Good joke

Sometimes people just want to switch off. Maybe he disabled them so he wasn’t tempted to post. I can’t imagine what it’s like having that many people hanging on to your every word. 

Just remember he doesn’t owe us any sort of connection. 

• Hermione locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic

Archived