Billie deletes his Instagram

Billie Hoe

1 minute ago, IcyMoffatt said:

I can't see anything. All is gone. His accounts are not in my following list, but Instagram tells me I'm still following the same number of accounts.

It is technically still there, it is just not going to show up on any lists or searches.   I can only get there if I go to a page that has him tagged.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m very confused as to why it’s showing up still as an account for some people and not for others. When I search his name it’s still coming up, just with no posts. Yet other people are saying it doesn’t show up at all. Can someone explain this?

Just hoping /praying he is healthy (mentally and physically) I would hate for a load of trolls or just the pressures of being a celebrity with its highs and lows to have pushed him too far and cause his demons to re-surface. 

Sending lots of love Billie xx

I understand he disabled his Instagram accounts, but like @neverdone2000 said, his accounts don't show up at all for me, while it seems other people can still access them.

I'm feeling heartbroken that Billie did this. I loved his accounts. I just hope he's doing fine right now.

I am so surprised he disabled his personal account.  Maybe he just needs a break from social media altogether.  I get that way too -- it basically sucks the life out of you and doesn't give you much back, just saying.  We can't begin (and probably shouldn't) to understand what's going on in his head.  He's a grown man, with loads of real life friends and family, and may just want to live in the real world connections for a while.  Not a bad idea, if you ask me.  But man, for us, I feel bad.  We will really miss him. :( 

I just started the hashtag #istandwithbilliejoe on insta if anyone else wants to use that hashtag and post something encouraging for him💚

1 minute ago, Biddymc said:

I am so surprised he disabled his personal account.  Maybe he just needs a break from social media altogether.  I get that way too -- it basically sucks the life out of you and doesn't give you much back, just saying.  We can't begin (and probably shouldn't) to understand what's going on in his head.  He's a grown man, with loads of real life friends and family, and may just want to live in the real world connections for a while.  Not a bad idea, if you ask me.  But man, for us, I feel bad.  We will really miss him. :( 

I’d feel better if I just knew. Give us a message hey guys I’m fine and then go away that’s ok. It’s the not knowing.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’d feel better if I just knew. Give us a message hey guys I’m fine and then go away that’s ok. It’s the not knowing.

Agreed.

Even though I’m still technically a Millennial (on the older side), I’m pretty ashamed of it. The fact that an almost 50 year old man deactivating his Instagram accounts is being interpreted as an indicator that Billie is in a really bad place mentally, is crazy. Maybe he just wants a break from it?

If my Facebook friends thought me deactivating my Facebook account was some cry for help (which I do once in a while to clear my head from it) I’d delete it permanently, and recommend my friends who thought that got help themselves.

This social media crap didn’t exist 15 years ago, and we were all MUCH better off! 

I actually almost cried just now. :cry: I've been really down and seeing his posts made everything a little better. :( It also was a great connection that he has with all of us and the fact that it's gone now makes me incredibly sad. All the fucking asshole trolls out there can go eat shit. :mad: Why take time out of your day to to specifically go and pick a fight with someone who disagrees with your views? I will never understand those awful excuses for people. I have to say, that Presidential Alert post made me so happy. Not only because I agree, but because it was just Billie being himself and speaking his mind. It made me feel more connected to him.

I hope he didn't deactivate his accounts permanently. I would understand if he needs a break and has suspended them, but I don't want them to be gone forever.

It's because he saw me call him a pussy on here and it threw him into a fit of depression over the self realization from the whole thing.

5 hours ago, Justin1 said:

Even though I’m still technically a Millennial (on the older side), I’m pretty ashamed of it. The fact that an almost 50 year old man deactivating his Instagram accounts is being interpreted as an indicator that Billie is in a really bad place mentally, is crazy. Maybe he just wants a break from it?

If my Facebook friends thought me deactivating my Facebook account was some cry for help (which I do once in a while to clear my head from it) I’d delete it permanently, and recommend my friends who thought that got help themselves.

This social media crap didn’t exist 15 years ago, and we were all MUCH better off! 

This has nothing to do with age. There are people on here who are concerned who aren't "millennials" too. The difference between Billie deactivating and you deactivating is that your friends can text you and check in or see you in your day to day life. I'm also guessing you probably don't use it that much? In Billie's case, he has/had multiple accounts that he updated regularly and were our only connection so it's a big change.

The way I see it is a version of one of  two scenarios. 1) He was just like "fuck, I need a breather. There's just too much bullshit" or 2) He got REALLY upset and this is part of him not doing well in a bigger way. I absolutely don't want to speculate there because there's no way we could know, but that's just it. It's hard when you care about someone and have no idea if something they did is a sign of something big or not, and no way to check.

When it was just the main one I thought it must be from shitty comments on his political posts etc but if it's all of them (and if they are just deactivated rather than deleted) maybe he is just taking a general break from social media. Hope it's just that and hope he'll be back!

7 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

This has nothing to do with age. There are people on here who are concerned who aren't "millennials" too. The difference between Billie deactivating and you deactivating is that your friends can text you and check in or see you in your day to day life. I'm also guessing you probably don't use it that much? In Billie's case, he has/had multiple accounts that he updated regularly and were our only connection so it's a big change.

The way I see it is a version of one of  two scenarios. 1) He was just like "fuck, I need a breather. There's just too much bullshit" or 2) He got REALLY upset and this is part of him not doing well in a bigger way. I absolutely don't want to speculate there because there's no way we could know, but that's just it. It's hard when you care about someone and have no idea if something they did is a sign of something big or not, and no way to check.

Billie doesn't owe anyone an explanation for why he does anything, especially something as miniscule as deactivating social media accounts. People who aren't Billies close friends or family aren't 'entitled' to a connection into his personal life, and that's all I mean about this 'Millenial' generation. I hope Billie is reading these obsurd reactions from people and decides to permanently deletes his accounts to spare himself from this kind of pressure people unfairly put on him.

Privacy is an extremely wonderful thing when you're a level headed individual, and Billie deserves it as much as anyone. Most people under 30 can't even understand the real value in true privacy, and automatically think the worst when someone wants to be alone. It's crazy!

Hit a wrong button again

9 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

Last time I heard anything about his instagram he went on a quite crass rant

What did I miss? Watching him fume over stupid troll posts is my favorite pasttime.

44 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

What did I miss? Watching him fume over stupid troll posts was my favorite pasttime.

Fixed it for ya

19 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Fixed it for ya

Fuck you you stupid piece of turd. If you thing angry internet ranting will ever end go home and never talk to me again!!! I hope you hear my shitty renditions of rolling stones songs in your sleep! Billie Joe will be back and more wiggered than ever!!!

2 hours ago, Justin1 said:

Billie doesn't owe anyone an explanation for why he does anything, especially something as miniscule as deactivating social media accounts. People who aren't Billies close friends or family aren't 'entitled' to a connection into his personal life, and that's all I mean about this 'Millenial' generation. I hope Billie is reading these obsurd reactions from people and decides to permanently deletes his accounts to spare himself from this kind of pressure people unfairly put on him.

Privacy is an extremely wonderful thing when you're a level headed individual, and Billie deserves it as much as anyone. Most people under 30 can't even understand the real value in true privacy, and automatically think the worst when someone wants to be alone. It's crazy!

I agree with you that social media can be toxic. I also agree that everyone, including celebrities, have every right to unplug and have privacy. I also think there’s a very good chance that this is just the result of Billie feeling disgusted with the current political environment and wanting to focus on other things right now. Even his private account probably has some political back and forth going on. 

However, it’s wrong if you to shame people for being concerned. It’s human nature for people to be worried if their favorite artist does something like this. It’s great that you can let it roll off of you, but everyone is different. You’re being dismissive of people’s natural reactions and making them feel like there’s something wrong with them for having them. Also, there’s a sadness that is logical when you realized the connection that you have with your favorite artist, via pictures and personal stories/expressions, has been lost. It may be temporary, but we don’t know. It’s also natural to worry knowing Billie’s temperament and history. Yes we shouldn’t jump to wild conclusions, but there’s nothing wrong with expressing some worry. Bottom line, people need to quit being holier-than-thou about how other people should feel and react. 

I hope and pray he's ok(god I'm so worried 😣) I hope he comes back in a few days(if he is ready to) because I understand how tiring it could be to constantly get put down for your views and opinions... i just hope he knows us true fans really are on his side and care about him.

I say someone should go to Billie’s house like this while playing Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes” begging him to come back to IG 

nANXV5s.jpg

2 minutes ago, inthehallwaynow said:

this is not a big deal or even a little one

IT'S A HUGE ASS DEAL EVERYBODY FREAK THE FUCK OUT

4 minutes ago, inthehallwaynow said:

this is not a big deal or even a little one

he's practically dead, don't tarnish his memory like this

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

IT'S A HUGE ASS DEAL EVERYBODY FREAK THE FUCK OUT

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

he's practically dead, don't tarnish his memory like this

"forgive me billie for I have sinned"

Oh I hope he's just taking a break, which will be good for him. I feel like he gets really stressed with the comments and social media in general. 

He probably doesn't know he can just turn off comments tho, someone should tell him 😆

• Hermione locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic

Archived