Billie deletes his Instagram

Billie Hoe

So, the account "billiejoearmstrong" is no longer on Instagram as of today. He posted the picture of Dr. Ford's cover on Time magazine with #ibelieveher, and now he and all of his posts are gone.

What do you think happened there? The longshot account is still there. Did Billie simply grow tired of Instagram and seeing people posting hateful shit in the comments (which he knows how to turn off) or did he get hacked? He can't have accidentally pressed a button, because you need to open a site on your browser and confirm your deactivation.  Did anyone see him reacting to the comments on his latest post? Jeff Matika jumped to his aid in the comments on the Presidential Alert post to, in his words, "take the heat", so maybe he has discussed being fed up with the toxicity of Instagram with his friends?

Some people can still find him in the search results but that seems to be a glitch, as his page is missing followers, bio or post-count, etc. depending on who views it.

This might not be thread worthy but this site is pretty dead otherwise so, whatever. I'm curious about what happend.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking it has something to do with the trolls who leave comments on his political posts... i hope its just temporary and he is just taking a break from insta

I can still see his “profile” and it says 1,198 posts, but the posts arent showing up. 🤷‍♀️

4 minutes ago, o_O said:

probably got sick of the rape apologists. 

likely. did you see that happening a lot on the post?

Just now, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Thinking it has something to do with the trolls who leave comments on his political posts... i hope its just temporary and he is just taking a break from insta

i hope so too. he shouldn't have to deal with Trumpers being asshats. (i acknowledge not all trumpers are asshats personally) but supports a platform that encourages all the bad in the country. 

1 hour ago, Billie Hoe said:

The trolls have been brutal to him the last couple of posts. Jeff even posted on his “presidential alert ” to take the heat off of Billie. 

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

i didn't see Billie's posts i do follow him but other things bury his. i do feel bad for Billie. he doesn't have to bow down to trolls. that only makes them win. 

Just now, squashie09 said:

I can still see his “profile” and it says 1,198 posts, but the posts arent showing up. 🤷‍♀️

yep like i said in the first post, some people see the post count or stuff like that, but I assume it's a glitch. I can see his profile but only his follower count 1,9 million, his photo and his name.

Because of this, I think he just suspended it and didn’t actually delete it, so if he comes back he can still have his name & verification. That’s my hope anyways. 

2 minutes ago, o_O said:

i hope so too. he shouldn't have to deal with Trumpers being asshats. (i acknowledge not all trumpers are asshats personally) but supports a platform that encourages all the bad in the country. 

I agree with you. I wish there was a way he could just block those type of people instead

Just now, squashie09 said:

Because of this, I think he just suspended it and didn’t actually delete it, so if he comes back he can still have his name & verification. That’s my hope anyways. 

I hope that too. Hopefully its just very temporary

Just now, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I agree with you. I wish there was a way he could just block those type of people instead

the only way is to go into the persons profile and block em that way but it takes way too much time on IG especially if there are hundreds of hate comments

12 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Funny you should say it, there actually is a way. He can turn off comments on his post, he can delete certain comments under his own posts, and he can block people. Maybe he forgot to turn off comments and was surprised and disgusted to see the hateful people sharing their irritating input, so he decided he's had enough.

I do wish he would explain what happened. Or someone.

Honestly, I will be the first to congratulate him if deleting his Instagram is what makes him happy, if sharing his opinions on this platform has brought him mostly misery and he's tired of dealing with it and feels relieved that he doesn't have to burden himself with it anymore. I must say though I think it's unfortunate that all of these people who have commented nasty shit on his page, who have told him to "shut up and stick to music" and all the right trolls will go to bed with a smile on their faces, feeling like their actions have had an impact on him and caused him to remove himself from the situation. (And if it really did, I would never hold it past him, the sheer amount of hate he must be seeing in his notifications must have been off the charts and can drain you.) I wish he would continue posting about what he believes in, even if it meant turning off comments for everything. Because there are so many people who appreciate his outspokenness and who write positive messages but simply get drowned out because trolls know how to organize and push certain comments to the top. 

@Billie Hoe this! I, too, feel like the trolls/assholes got their wish and that makes me upset. I know he interacted with people on it, but maybe turning off commenting for all posts is what celebrities will have to start doing.

That’s the sad effect of social media. Very few people can have a calm, educated argument these days... 

I hope he hasn't deleted his account, as its presence has overall promoted a whole lot more good than bad, even in terms of comments. That being said, if he feels it's the only real way to truly regulate the hate-comments, then I of course respect that decision. 

5 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Guys I just checked insta again, and the Longshot one is gone too😞

Just saw it too :( that really sucks ass, I'm gonna miss his presence on that site. I wonder what it was that finally pushed him over the edge....

This is making me really sad.  I generally feel like he had quite a lot of fun with IG but some of the comments to him have been awful.  😭😭😭

1 minute ago, jengd said:

This is making me really sad.  I generally feel like he had quite a lot of fun with IG but some of the comments to him have been awful.  😭😭😭

He had just got in the swing of emjoi use & was really grasping technology😀

Let the Green Day are breaking up rumours begin🤯

5 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I looks like he’s deleting all of his accounts... 

Did he only have his main one and then Longshot?

6 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Just saw it too :( that really sucks ass, I'm gonna miss his presence on that site. I wonder what it was that finally pushed him over the edge....

I agree I hate this 😖 i think it was the rude comments people kept doing over and over

6 minutes ago, jengd said:

Same let's just hope and pray this is temporary I miss seeing him online already 😞

3 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

Last time I heard anything about his instagram he went on a quite crass rant

Like today?

@The_real_st_jimmy

He has, well HAD, his public bja, longshot, and a private one that has been deactivated as of this post. 

The mojo the frenchie account is currently still up and the private @losersclub is still up (part of the longshot) 

• Hermione locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic

Archived