Do you think they'll let the Trump era pass by?

jollyroger

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was before he was elected though and that wasn’t what the song was about. Apart from Back in the USA they haven’t had a chance to release music during this administration yet.

Nah they were all after he was elected. And both the music videos where while Trump was president.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Nah they were all after he was elected. And both the music videos where while rump was president.

Videos are not the same as writing songs. @pacejunkie punk is right. Only BITUSA has been written and released since his election.

12 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Videos are not the same as writing songs. @pacejunkie punk is right. Only BITUSA has been written and released since his election.

I agree it’s not the same.

However my original point is still valid. They have already reacted to Trumps Presidency several times.

21 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

I don't think they will. At least not deliberately. They're getting older and eventually the public is going to start noticing, so they're running out of years where they can be kinda relevant. But I can't even imagine how difficult it is to write right now. Way too much is happening too quickly. How do you sift through it all, not accidentally write something that's dated by next week, and come to some kind of deep meaning? They have to find a balance between ignoring Trump America and making an album that revolves around it. AND not repeat what they've done in the past. Not an easy task.

This is actually why anarcho-punk leaders Crass switched from albums to standalone singles, the only time they spent a lot of time on an album half the issues they talked about had been resolved by the time anyone heard it, so they then would write, record and release a single in a matter of days when something like the Falklands came up to make sure they made their point how they wanted.

11 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

They still have two years unless he gets impeached :happy:

2 years is pretty fast to get an album out unless they have started already. Plus impeachment doesn't mean removal from office. Clinton was impeached and acquitted by the senate.

@hym.jarred and @nopride84 Billie isn't a pussy and the first proof is that he keeps saying what he thinks even though he's now fully aware of fans turning their back on him speaking of this matter, such as yourself. He speaks his mind and soul the same way he does when he writes his songs. I consider myself lucky to be a fan of someone that's so honest and exactly the contrary of being cynical about his beliefs, hopes and social ideals. He said it himself, he's aware he may be seen as naive, even now, he may be seen as "childlish" as @nopride84 said, whether it's about Trump or people complaining about Green Day breakup worries (being a GD fan for "only" 2 years, one of the only things I'm absolutely sure of in this world is that GD will only break up when they die, that's it. I think Billie has waited long enough before responding to these social media complains which, them, were childish) and we need more naive people and less cynical ones in this world. It's certainly not to seem relevant or to pretend being the voice of the people that he says all he says, it's because he is pure and expresses his beliefs as they are, even awkwardly, even if it means fans (maybe a lot of fans) having your type of reaction. I'm sure it has freaked him out pretty much to see those reactions, like any one would be freaked out, his fans not taking him for what he is and wanting him to only do this and stop doing that... but he has kept and will keep speaking his mind in spite of all, and that is one of the things that make him the brave man he is.

I'm sure they will make a song out of it for the next album.

I see the problem in  a different way. The band gets old. I know, it sounds weird, but the boys aren't 20 or 30 anymore and the kids coming after us (the younger generation)  (I'm nearly 30 now) change their mind faster about being a fan. There are other bands, other influences. Billie is nearly in his 50's.  Not saying he's not attractive. He's a real cutie, but you know.

I'm sure this instagram issue about Billie leaving let him also  lose a lot of fans.

Not really on topic but to me it was kind of funny and worrying at the same time to see some fans thrilled wishing or asking them if there is going to be another political album after Trump victory.

I'm italian but like...what the hell? I'd rather have a good, benevolent person as the president of the US rather than another American Idiot.

I'd actually be kind of disappointed if they made another album based on a shitty president because that's what's expected. I know there's people who'd like another AI but it just wouldn't be as good if they just did the same thing again. Besides, it's just really trendy to hate Trump. (Not saying Trump doesn't deserve the hate. He's obviously a dickhead). I'm just saying an album about Trump is just what everyone's expecting and I hope for GD to just do what they do best and try some NEW things rather than trying to do another AI.

I'm fine with him talking about Trump in interviews and having Trump come up in their music here and there but I don't want a rehash of AI but it just being about Trump instead of Bush.

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'd actually be kind of disappointed if they made another album based on a shitty president because that's what's expected. I know there's people who'd like another AI but it just wouldn't be as good if they just did the same thing again. Besides, it's just really trendy to hate Trump. (Not saying Trump doesn't deserve the hate. He's obviously a dickhead). I'm just saying an album about Trump is just what everyone's expecting and I hope for GD to just do what they do best and try some NEW things rather than trying to do another AI.

I'm fine with him talking about Trump in interviews and having Trump come up in their music here and there but I don't want a rehash of AI but it just being about Trump instead of Bush.

True. You almost want a positive focused album reminding us all about love, tolerance and respect.

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

True. You almost want a positive focused album reminding us all about love, tolerance and respect.

This! There’s way to much hate going on. We all need a little peace, love and understanding going forward. Whether that comes from a creative place or from media (unlikely).

I personally think they nailed Revolution Radio perfectly in a sense that they mentioned current issues happening in the world (similar to American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown), but they also incorporated that fun "shooting for the hill" type of vibe that the trilogy had. 

2 hours ago, xnovacaine said:

I personally think they nailed Revolution Radio perfectly in a sense that they mentioned current issues happening in the world (similar to American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown), but they also incorporated that fun "shooting for the hill" type of vibe that the trilogy had. 

I agree. If they can find that same balance and bring some other new element to it, that’d Be great. Maybe more humor in at least one of the political songs (like BITUSA) 

I really don't think the band gives a fuck about losing fans over their political stances, especially since if Trump supporters like something then it's pretty likely it sucks 

Archived