ear plugs- what is he hearing on stage?

Savannah89

If it's a dumb question I'm already going to excuse myself.

Does anyone knows what Billie is hearing when he wears his ear plugs on stage? Why is he wearing it and what is he still able to hear on stage? Everything? Just Mike and the rest of his band playing?

Can anyone help?

During the Longshot and Coverups shows, he wasn't wearing anything.

For stadium shows, he wears custom in-ear monitors. These are basically ear-plugs that are custom fit to your ear canal and also, monitor your sound. So kinda like headphones and ear plugs in one. 

3 hours ago, xLumian said:

For stadium shows, he wears custom in-ear monitors. These are basically ear-plugs that are custom fit to your ear canal and also, monitor your sound. So kinda like headphones and ear plugs in one. 

I didn’t know they were meant to function as ear plugs/protection as well as monitors. I thought they were just so he could hear the other instruments and his own mic.

4 hours ago, xLumian said:

Wish I was there😋

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I didn’t know they were meant to function as ear plugs/protection as well as monitors. I thought they were just so he could hear the other instruments and his own mic.

They take out like 20-30db. 

7 hours ago, Savannah89 said:

Is he able to hear the fans screaming then? Thank you.

Mostly yes. Most of the large stadium shows have a pair of mics pointing the audience. So he can hear and interact with them. Wearing IEM also allows the guys to move around the stage without any mayor sound compromises.

Archived