What you think about Green Day's recent band practices?

legendary

On 9/11/2018 at 7:58 AM, papa said:

Yes, but I don't know how to create "suspence." I only know how to create "suspense."

lolllllllllllllllllll

love suspenseful papa

ps new rekkid summer

Here is the only problem with your theory of a new "rekkid this summer", in the same box you corrected someone for misspelling suspense.

Going back to Sweet Children, and Green Day's 39/Smooth ALLLL the way to Revolution Radio, they have never once released an album in the summer (as most bands don't) because they want to release them, give them a few months to get radio play and singles, and promos and then tour during the summer when the demo(graphic) (15-35 for music, 18-49 in everything else) is out of school, work or whatever.  Essentially, bands make their money in the summer, especially now touring (in the age of low sales).  New bands, unlike in the past have written into their contracts a lot of money for the label off of touring when that used to be pretty much band money.  Now that charting is at a level where #1 wouldn't even have made some charts in the past, the landscape has changed but even back before that, summer (unless greatest hits, or EPs to boost sales) are not usually a popular time for releases.  You may be right since this is a very different time for them but if they don't release an album this summer, I would maybe start paying attention to those set-lists and sit tight for next fall or if we are real lucky late spring.  The latest they have ever released an album is May (and I believe that was once).

Out of their last 9 albums, only 2 were not released in the Fall and that was TCB and that was 10 years ago and it was released in Spring.

So furthermore and again, in the entirety of Billie Joe and Green Day's discography they have never ONCE released an album during the summer, also, just for fun, I checked Pollstar Pro for the release dates of all the albums of Rage Against The Machine, Weezer, and Led Zepplin (picked all of them randomly) and out of all four bands albums, only 2 albums from ALL of them were released in the summer and they were probably greatest hits albums (didn't even look), I was just curious so do you want to rethink your possible, but I am going to assume unlikely release of a Green Day "rekkid" this album?  Or you can recite another random Grease line to me. ;)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Here is the only problem with your theory of a new "rekkid this summer", in the same box you corrected someone for misspelling suspense.

Going back to Sweet Children, and Green Day's 39/Smooth ALLLL the way to Revolution Radio, they have never once released an album in the summer (as most bands don't) because they want to release them, give them a few months to get radio play and singles, and promos and then tour during the summer when the demo(graphic) (15-35 for music, 18-49 in everything else) is out of school, work or whatever.  Essentially, bands make their money in the summer, especially now touring (in the age of low sales).  New bands, unlike in the past have written into their contracts a lot of money for the label off of touring when that used to be pretty much band money.  Now that charting is at a level where #1 wouldn't even have made some charts in the past, the landscape has changed but even back before that, summer (unless greatest hits, or EPs to boost sales) are not usually a popular time for releases.  You may be right since this is a very different time for them but if they don't release an album this summer, I would maybe start paying attention to those set-lists and sit tight for next fall or if we are real lucky late spring.  The latest they have ever released an album is May (and I believe that was once).

Out of their last 9 albums, only 2 were not released in the Fall and that was TCB and that was 10 years ago and it was released in Spring.

So furthermore and again, in the entirety of Billie Joe and Green Day's discography they have never ONCE released an album during the summer, also, just for fun, I checked Pollstar Pro for the release dates of all the albums of Rage Against The Machine, Weezer, and Led Zepplin (picked all of them randomly) and out of all four bands albums, only 2 albums from ALL of them were released in the summer and they were probably greatest hits albums (didn't even look), I was just curious so do you want to rethink your possible, but I am going to assume unlikely release of a Green Day "rekkid" this album?  Or you can recite another random Grease line to me. ;)

Nah, I'm just playing, everything you're saying sounds like you're in the in, of something.

dude. you are weird. get a life, geek. 

love,

greasy papa. 

I suppose summer could mean a single release with an album in the fall? I just don’t see how anyone could know anything this far out when they haven’t even started recording yet. 

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I can promise you a new record tomorrow if you like.

NO WAY! YOU CANT! YOU ARE A BOT! YOU KNOW NOTHING AND I KNOW EVERYTHING! I AM OFFENDED YOU WOULD EVEN SUGGEST SUCH A THING! IM SAD AND MAD AT EVERYONE!

jk u get it love papa

12 hours ago, papa said:

love,

greasy papa. 

Excellent retort. Just stated a fact that flies in the face of what you said and said it’s possible but would be an anomile. You should tell your mother your not old enough to use the computer yet.

11 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I suppose summer could mean a single release with an album in the fall? I just don’t see how anyone could know anything this far out when they haven’t even started recording yet. 

Which seems to be their MO lately. October and September releases but I wouldn’t be amazed if there was a late spring release. 

7 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Excellent retort. Just stated a fact that flies in the face of what you said and said it’s possible but would be an anomile. You should tell your mother your not old enough to use the computer yet.

Which seems to be their MO lately. October and September releases but I wouldn’t be amazed if there was a late spring release. 

lol i love how upset you get by all of this. i bet you are a very pleasant person to be around. i invite you to munch on a giant chill pill. 

but its okay because papa still loves you (or does he?)

edit: also you should tell your mother i enjoyed her last night. lolllll

10 minutes ago, papa said:

lol i love how upset you get by all of this. i bet you are a very pleasant person to be around. i invite you to munch on a giant chill pill. 

The Great GDC Insider War 2018 :wub:

45 minutes ago, papa said:

Can you stop trying to wind @LaughingClock up please? A jokey back and forth is one thing but we do expect members to be civil to each other (as defined in the forum guidelines), leave out the personal insults.

I don't want to see any more posts making digs at each other so I'd like both of you to either just stop or (if you really want to) take it to PM. Only posts which are both civil and on topic from here please.

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Can you stop trying to wind @LaughingClock up please? A jokey back and forth is one thing but we do expect members to be civil to each other (as defined in the forum guidelines), leave out the personal insults.

I don't want to see any more posts making digs at each other so I'd like both of you to either just stop or (if you really want to) take it to PM. Only posts which are both civil and on topic from here please.

mama layin down the law.

LC homie needs to quit jumping over everything i say. 

but anyway. papa loves mama. all is well.

28 minutes ago, papa said:

mama layin down the law.

LC homie needs to quit jumping over everything i say. 

but anyway. papa loves mama. all is well.

I mean if you post a theory or whatever people can always respond/counter it, but you can always just ignore it if you don't fancy a debate. Otherwise sounds good :) 

6 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Everyone pick your fighter & I accept bets @The Insider

I was gonna pick a side until Mummy's got involved😏🤯

@Jane Lannister

I'll share my insider info via PM with certain members of this lovely community.

NB Nobody PM me or I will block you fuckers.🙃

20 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Aussie summer.

15 hours ago, papa said:

First off,  little boy.  Tell your parents you should have some parental control on.  You are also not only not anyone involved with GD in any way, I live in the world you pretend to be in.  In front of everyone, and anyone from the band, managers, agents, tour managers and all, I know very well I challenge you do out yourself to just me personally.  Tell me who you are and I can find out in under 5 minutes.  I told you my initials and said, if you are anyone, even a utility jack who lugs cables, I will give you $3000.  I am saying this in front  of the entire forum and promise to keep that offer if you are IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM associated with the band or even indirectly involved.  I know you are not because I see your troll type all the time but if you can prove you are, I will take the hit, apologize in front of the whole forum, wear a dunce hat, take a picture of myself with my thumb in my mouth and give you $3,000 tax free dollars in cold cash.  GO!  The reason I say $3000 is because if you are anyone but a stage hand, you don't care about $3000 and would tell me who you are.  If you are a stage hand, you need $3000 and would tell me so...

TBH, what I am most surprised at is people like @jengd loving my comment that you fucked my mother.  I won't retort for a couple reasons. a) You seem mentally unstable. b) I don't think you are over 14.  c) I don't want to but for the record, you act like you have info that you don't have so just stop.  My showing you that they have never come out with a summer record wasn't even me saying you're wrong if you read the post. I was just stating the facts but you retort with "I fucked your mother"?! LOL.  And @Hermione wake up and smell the bullshit (what would you do to me if I told a member I fucked their mother?!?!). I once got a warning here for a comment that was off topic. LOL.  If that were me, you would ban me in a minute or at least someone would give me some stupid warning.  I don't give a fuck.  Ban a person who actually feeds you guys real info that has proven true for a decade.

LOL.  Or I could just stop.  Frankly, I came here to help promote.  Now I don't need to.  Occasionally I like the forum, usually.

15 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

The Great GDC Insider War 2018 :wub:

LOL. Really JL?  Come on.  You're smarter than that. ;)

8 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

A post in the thread to ask for the convo to stop/go to PM when escalation/rudeness/bickering starts is pretty standard before starting with warnings, including when you've been involved I believe. So yeah if you could both just stop like I asked that would be cool.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:27 PM, papa said:

love,

greasy papa. 

I have been called weird by a lot of people (never a geek, but word) but you calling me weird has got to be the most non-offensive thing anyone has ever told me.

25 minutes ago, Hermione said:

A post in the thread to ask for the convo to stop/go to PM when escalation/rudeness/bickering starts is pretty standard before starting with warnings, including when you've been involved I believe. So yeah if you could both just stop like I asked that would be cool.

What both?

Go read back my initial thing. I said not one thing rude. I stated facts about albums being released in the summer and didn't even say he was wrong.  You leave his "I fucked your mother" bit and erase my nothing retort.  Unreal.

8 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

I have been called weird by a lot of people but you calling me weird has got to be the most non-offensive thing anyone has every told me.

What both?

Go read back my initial thing. I said not one thing rude. I stated facts about albums being released in the summer and didn't even say he was wrong.  You leave his "I fucked your mother" bit and erase my nothing retort.  Unreal.

Yes, he was rude and started it which is why I quoted him and told him to stop trying to wind you up,leave out personal insults and be civil. However in order for the conversation/argument to stop both of the people having it need to stop, regardless of who is at fault.

The reason why this forum keeps going even in GD downtime is this shit always pops up and entertains us.

@Hermione you do a great job & I wouldn't want it for  even $3000 let alone do it out of the goodness of your heart.

14 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yes, he was rude and started it which is why I quoted him and told him to stop trying to wind you up,leave out personal insults and be civil. However in order for the conversation/argument to stop both of the people having it need to stop, regardless of who is at fault.

Just false.  You were kind enough for once not to single me out but the fact of the matter is "papa" who's pretending to be something he's not and then when called out, pretends that he is not doing that and is just playing, you feed into it and also say and I quote:

Can you stop trying to wind @LaughingClock up please? A jokey back and forth is one thing but we do expect members to be civil to each other (as defined in the forum guidelines), leave out the personal insults.

Now, you said "both of you stop" and I'd like to ask what I was supposed to "stop". Look at the post before you wrote that, the one where I said "maybe you're right but history doesn't think so" and kindly and cordially, if not a little admittedly sarcastic but not rude, didn't call a name.  Merely stated facts and then added those facts into the actual post.

I asked him to post to me in PM and even offered him money and THAT WAS AFTER you WARNED me for doing absolutely nothing so in reality, it was you that got my back up more than him because you always mess with me for no reason and I don't give a fuck about him so I was just having fun after he said he fucked my mother.  I would say that is grounds for a slight retort, especially one where I offer to give him $3000 in PM and I offered him with my initials (even before that comment) to tell me who he is in PM so I did follow that protocol.

Go ahead and ban me! PLEASE FOR GOOD.  I am addicted to this place and you are always fucking with me.  Go read back the narrative andI you don't even have to apologize because you work so hard and are a sweet girl but c'mon.

3 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

This is ridiculous and I don't know how much clearer I can make it. The part you have to stop is responding to his rude comments....otherwise the conversation isn't going to stop. When someone is rude and an argument starts the aim is 1) to tell the person being rude that it isn't called for, and also 2) for everyone involved in the conversation to stop the conversation so the thread can get back on topic. With the option of using PM to continue if both/all people want to, or if you want to discuss the situation with a mod. 

The idea isn't for me to tell someone to stop being rude and ask everyone to stop the conversation and get back on topic only for one person to feel the need to make 5 more posts about it. He was asked to stop being rude to you and now it's over. Stop posting about it and if you want to discuss this further PM me.

1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

TBH, what I am most surprised at is people like @jengd loving my comment that you fucked my mother.  

Laughingclock, I didn’t love his comment, I laughed at it.  Curse relying on an emoji!  I think papa isn’t being ridiculous and that nobody should get wound up about this.  Chill everyone 😀

@LaughingClock I understand your reaction, I don't think papa was particularly nice or clever when responding to you but you were the 1st one to speak of his mother and stating that he's not old enough to use a computer, while we don't know that. Not saying someone is right or wrong but Hermione telling both of you to stop is not discriminating you... 

As for @papa, it's a quality to be weird especially as GD fans and you're weird yourself. It reminds me of Billie messing with Joey last year on Instagram with the puppet of himself and when his son stated the obvious "you're weird", he responded "no, YOU're weird" in a very mature way (but we knew he was 45 and not 14), as if he was offended, while he's so passionate and proud of calling all the weirdos his people during gigs. :wub: That little man we're all so found of.

So papa if you have some info to share know that no one will believe you unless there's proof of some sort. If you don't have proof or don't care and just want to keep trolling please keep it nice and clean, as Billie would say:

Spoiler

Back on topic I don't think anything special about GD's band practices, only that I'm pleased to see they are doing well, their enthusiasm sharing their dorky selfies brightens my day and I'll be happy of every news we'll get from them till the next album. If this one luckily comes out next year, I will survive until then.

I get wanting to clear that up but can everyone please move on from this now so there aren't more replies to it and more replies back etc and it carries on? There's always PM. Back to the band practice. 

On 8/24/2018 at 4:34 PM, grinsoniko said:

I’m just hoping they’re going through their catalog finding new songs to plug into their live sets. 

Me too, but let's face it.  They are practicing "Longview", "Basketcase" and "She" for when they go back on tour and play them for the 913 time.   LOL

What I wouldn't give for "the Saints are Coming" or live debut of something ("Westbound Sign" anyone?  Gosh, that title doesn't even sound like a Green Day song!)  

Archived