What you think about Green Day's recent band practices?

legendary

3 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I always assumed the “Green Day 15” post was referencing their induction into the Hall of Fame. It hadn’t been publicly confirmed yet and was shortly after that post. I don’t think many people were really expecting a tour at that time or interpreted it that way. 

I don't know I'm still waiting for that announcement they were supposed to make at the RHOF induction. :P Maybe people hoped the post meant they had big plans for 2015, not just the hall of fame but that they were going to announce an album or put one out later that year.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SHART said:

Nostalgia act, longshit - I think I might just ask you to come up with my name change💩😘🤔

Excuse me, I suggested the Longshit. :mad:

8 hours ago, Montclare said:

Excuse me, I suggested the Longshit. :mad:

Sorry😇😘

11 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

At least it wasn't Insomniac, now make that dream happen and get your ass over here 

I'll text BJ

If this band practices leads to something, I'd like to believe that this band is finally giving the respect that their own catalog deserves and mixing the setlists heavily. More than the 2010. More than ever.

No One Knows is the holy grail of Green Day songs to me ❤️

20 hours ago, SHART said:

I can't remember BJs post - can you link it?

I'm not sure the timing of mikes post but maybe being inducted into the Hof changed their plans.  Also wasn't Britt diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014?

I’m to dumb, lazy, and poor to do that

I don't know why anything the band does/possibly makes hints about is automatically assumed to be tour or setlist related? Like they can do stuff or hint at stuff that doesn't have to do with touring. They have band practice when making albums and at random times, not just before tours, so I don't know why it's assumed that it must be a tour hint.

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't know why anything the band does/possibly makes hints about is automatically assumed to be tour or setlist related? Like they can do stuff or hint at stuff that doesn't have to do with touring. They have band practice when making albums and at random times, not just before tours, so I don't know why it's assumed that it must be a tour hint.

I doubt they'd be posting about having band practice if they weren't hinting at something. They have band practice all the time but they don't post about it so why start now? I agree it doesn't have to have anything to do with a tour but it's definitely interesting that they're making so many hints about practicing old songs.

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I doubt they'd be posting about having band practice if they weren't hinting at something. They have band practice all the time but they don't post about it so why start now? I agree it doesn't have to have anything to do with a tour but it's definitely interesting that they're making so many hints about practicing old songs.

I dunno, it could just be like "isn't it cool that the three of us are back in the studio having band practice" and playing whole albums could just be a fun way of doing it. Just doesn't seem like very strong hinting. But have to wait and see I suppose!

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

I dunno, it could just be like "isn't it cool that the three of us are back in the studio having band practice" and playing whole albums could just be a fun way of doing it. Just doesn't seem like very strong hinting. But have to wait and see I suppose!

Yes, maybe it really doesn't have anything more to it than that they're together/working on something that has nothing to do with the old albums. But still, it seems promising.

Something is definitely happening, because Billie has been away from home in Oakland for a very long time. It’d be too much of a coincidence that his being in one location for so long coincides with being near a new practice/recording studio and posting these pics of practices. It’s not just for fun. And it wouldn’t take this long to practice for an anniversary tour. I still think they’re working on the album, although I think they might do an anniversary tour as a set-up for the album. Plus, @LaughingClock just indicated they aren’t just reminiscing.

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

Haven't they said before that they practice songs multiple times in a session until they are perfect - eg. Bang Bang x 5 etc..... So I think its weird they are just posting an entire album.  Anyway I predict this thread will be 92 pages long before we find something out on a Friday.

@Jane Lannister

4 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Something is definitely happening, because Billie has been away from home in Oakland for a very long time. It’d be too much of a coincidence that his being in one location for so long coincides with being near a new practice/recording studio and posting these pics of practices. It’s not just for fun. And it wouldn’t take this long to practice for an anniversary tour. I still think they’re working on the album, although I think they might do an anniversary tour as a set-up for the album. 

I think he always surfs at this time of the year.

8 minutes ago, SHART said:

Haven't they said before that they practice songs multiple times in a session until they are perfect - eg. Bang Bang x 5 etc..... So I think its weird they are just posting an entire album.  Anyway I predict this thread will be 92 pages long before we find something out on a Friday.

@Jane Lannister

I think he always surfs at this time of the year.

Sure he takes trips to Newport Beach. But he has been there all summer. That’s not usual

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

Sure he takes trips to Newport Beach. But he has been there all summer. That’s not usual

I don't know.

Anyways if they are doing a tour the chances of them coming to OZ are less than zero.  If it happens I hope they give us time because I would love to be in a position to go & meet @Grubby Poop😍

11 hours ago, SHART said:

I don't know.

Anyways if they are doing a tour the chances of them coming to OZ are less than zero.  If it happens I hope they give us time because I would love to be in a position to go & meet @Grubby Poop😍

They need to announce well in advance if you're taking the ship through Iceland. :runaround:

11 hours ago, SHART said:

Anyway I predict this thread will be 92 pages long before we find something out on a Friday.

That's for sure 

When I first heard about Dookie being practiced in full I was pretty excited. I thought maybe they would do an anniversary tour or something. But when it was being reported that also rehearsed Insomniac or Nimrod...I can't remember which...in full I figured it was nothing special. I think maybe they're just seeing what feels good. Hopefully, this means they'll shake up the playlist! (I'm not holding my breath though).

a band rehearsing their songs is just that - a band rehearsing their songs.

they'll be in the studio soon working on new music. and releasing a new album next year, along with a tour. new photography book by bob gruen documenting 25 years of photographing the band also out summer next year.

6 minutes ago, papa said:

they'll be in the studio soon working on new music. and releasing a new album next year, along with a tour. new photography book by bob gruen documenting 25 years of photographing the band also out summer next year.

Are you a person with inside info or is this an educated guess?

37 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Are you a person with inside info or is this an educated guess?

wouldnt you like to know

3 hours ago, papa said:

Well now. Thank you very much 🙏

Archived