Bullet In A Bible Project (DVD Audio / Live Album)

MillenniumFan

Ok, so I've been wanting to do this for a while. I love Bullet In A Bible, it's definitely one of my favorite live albums. However, while I like the CD release (and have listened to it on many occasions), I've quickly noticed that the audio on CD version is different to that on the DVD. So, just for fun, I've decided to take the audio from the DVD and turn it into a kind of fanmade alternative live album. Thing is, on the DVD, the live performances are constantly interrupted by short documentary snippets (interviews with the band, fans, crew and also some behind the scenes footage), which I definitely find very interesting, but that make a continuous live album rather difficult. Therefore, I never got around to doing it previously. Still, I've now finally created a first version, but (as the name of this thread suggests), I consider this a project, not a finished product. There are still many flaws, including the sometimes quite unnatural transition between songs. However, I've given my best to make it sound like one continuous live album, that flows from song to song. Also, the audio was taking from DVD VOB files and so it's possible the mix is ever so slightly different. However, taking the audio from the DVD has two principle advantages:

1. For all the audiophiles: The CD has a significantly reduced dynamic range (around 5) compared to the DVD, which has a good dynamic range of around 12. So, this release sounds more dynamic, which I consider to be a good thing.

2. Some of the songs have been shortened on the CD, with either crowd interactions or extended solos cut out, so here is a list of all the ''extras'' you will get: 

• The Intro (end of Blitzkrieg Bop and all of Strauss' Also sprach Zarathustra leading up to American Idiot
  • The outro of Longview (short improvised part)
  • Full Hitchin' A Ride, including crowd interaction and the famous ''ouhh- ahh- ahh -ah -ah...somebody fu'' well....you get the point :)
  • Intro to Brain Stew (crowd interaction)
  • Jam and Band Introduction after Brain Stew (technically after Jaded, but that didn't make it to either versions).
  • Full King For A Day (for better or for worse)
  • Full Minority, including extended solo, jamming and crowd interactions
  • More fireworks after Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

It's of course important to note that I can't legally share any of this officially, but I'm just letting you know that if you have bought the album (on DVD+CD or digital download): I have the files, maybe somethings can be arranged........privately of course *wink*

Also, I'm currently exporting a video with the whole thing to YouTube, if it isn't blocked you will be able get a preview of the project there. If it is blocked, I while try uploading partial segments.

Ok, so here's the whole thing on YouTube. Timestamps for each song are in the video description:

EDIT: Re-upload, Timestamps are in the latest post.

• MillenniumFan changed the title to Bullet In A Bible Project (DVD Audio / Live Album)

I always thought it was a shame they left out the crowd interaction at the start of Brain Stew because it's awesome. This is cool!

I wish that the full show with no cuts would be released. I mean, both shows, since is a mashup of the two.

My favorite. I watched this to death. I love "time of your life" on this better than on nimrod its so pure and the crowd energy is wonderful. 

Yeah, I’m currently on holiday, so there’s nothing I can do until Friday. I’ll probably try to re-up it on a different channel and on another one in partial segments. But in the long-run, you’ll unfortunately have to DM me for the files 😕

Ok, so the video is back up (for the time being). However, I'm going to post the timestamps for the songs here, not in the video description, because I actually think it's one of the ways the bots can detect copyrighted audio more quickly. 

00:00 Intro

01:51 American Idiot

06:45 Jesus Of Suburbia

16:11 Holiday

20:45 Are We The Waiting

24:11 St. Jimmy

27:23 Longview

32:28 Hitchin' A Ride

39:26 Brain Stew

44:27 Jam and Band Introduction

49:09 Basket Case

52:06 King For A Day

1:01:29 Wake Me Up When September Ends

1:06:55 Minority

1:16:04 Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

1:20:52 Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

I could add that too, at the moment I just have it (and the whole broadcast) separately as a bonus. The thing is, the mixing and mastering on that is obviously quite different, it being a live transmission, so trying to produce a halfway credible sounding transition might be difficult. But thanks for the idea anyway, I’ll definitely give it a shot just for fun ;) 

• 1 year later...

Ok, I think the video has been down for months and months now, but now it's up again. @Mods: Feel free to add this to the download section if you want (even though there's only a YouTube video).

Changing the video title did the trick. Weirdly enough, if you have "Bullet In A Bible" in the title --> automatically blocked world-wide. Renaming it to "1" gets rid of that block. I suppose the idea is that this exponentially decreases the chance of people actually finding the video on YouTube. It's been unlisted all this time though, so kinda doesn't make sense either haha. Man, YouTube is weird sometimes...

Archived